Photo

We will see the full potential of this team when Dwight & Pau average 20/12 and 16/10

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,339 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 02:26 PM

I wrote this on another forum, but wanted to post it here so you guys could see it, because I feel so strongly about it.

I don't care how they get it, whether by post-ups, off of pick and rolls, jump-shots, free throws, etc. We NEED Dwight and Pau to average about 20/12 and 16/10...Obviously, plus or minus a few points/rebounds (and the more is always the better). No matter what Kobe does, this team is ALWAYS at its best when the front line has a big contribution - Just look at history, and it's not a coincidence that dominant centers have always won the majority of championships. Points will come by much more efficiently, rebounding will be better and defense will be better because they will be more engaged. As long as I've watched the Lakers, they were rarely ever a GREAT team unless they were dominant inside.

So far, teams are flooding the paint and forcing us to take way too many three pointers, and guess what? It's working! I don't know about you guys, but I'm sure not happy when a team can so easily take away such an important part of our game, and when we weakly oblige to it. Like I said before, It doesn't all have to come from post-ups...Pick and rolls, dribble drives and hand-offs, etc. Pau and Dwight simply have to always be the first option, and inside scoring must be the first priority.

Edited by leor_77, December 14, 2012 - 02:26 PM.

#2 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,481 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted December 14, 2012 - 02:34 PM

So if pau and dwight play good we will do better. :jawdrop:

#3 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 14, 2012 - 02:37 PM

We need our guards to play defense... Nash, Kobe, and Metta need to figure out what they are going to do for defense

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users