Photo

Why don't people appreciate old school hip hop?

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#1 NasWutangKB24

NasWutangKB24

KUSH

• 861 posts
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 14, 2012 - 05:19 AM

it seems that everyone has forgotten the amazing music that started everything for rap

all rap now is garbage.....every time i listen to this horrible Lil wayne, drake, Niki Minaj, 2 chainz, lmfao, odd future [expletive] i want to throw up

the rhyme schemes, content, flow, beats are garbage i really cant believe people can take this [expletive] serious

i really don't get how all the amazing hip-hop has been completely forgotten lately

why don't people like Nas, AZ, BIG L, pac, biggie,EPMD, rakim, mobb deep, big pun, NWA, masta ace, old eminem, old JAY-z,method man, public enemy, old busta rhymes, the fugees, redman, the roots, raekwon, mos def, ghostface, talib kweli, rebel INS,geto boys, gang star, rza, gza, kool g rap, big daddy kane,spice 1, BDP, a tribe called quest, UGK, dead prez, dj quick,too short,common, bone thugs, etc.

i keep trying to give new rap a chance but im disappointed everytime....the only new rapper i really like is immortal technique because of all the truth he spits... he's really brave to call out the government so much

am i the only one here that appreciates what started hip-hop and can't stand this new [expletive]????

Edited by NasWutangKB24, December 14, 2012 - 07:58 AM.

#2 Lagunero

Lagunero

☑ Nash ☑ Howard - Win Championship ☐

• 1,617 posts
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe, Kareem, Shaq.

Posted December 14, 2012 - 05:50 AM

i dont know about you. but i have nothing but old school hip hop and rap on my iPod.

Posted Image

#3 KB24BlackMamba

KB24BlackMamba

Rookie

• 396 posts
  • Name:Kevin
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 14, 2012 - 05:59 AM

Check out Funk Volume group. They´re pretty good IMO , especially Hopsin. And they are more into old school rap than into this Lil Wayne [expletive]. They actually hate Lil Wayne.
Posted Image

#4 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,002 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 06:04 AM

i dont know about you. but i have nothing but old school hip hop and rap on my iPod.

Ya as far as rap and hip hop goes, it's mainly old school stuff I've got "starred" and in playlists on Spotify..

#5 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,305 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted December 14, 2012 - 06:18 AM

What ? Everybody appreciates the old-school. Well except those 12 year old brats who have been unfortunate to be born in an era where music is made for the money and not for the art of music itself ..

Edited by Saber, December 14, 2012 - 06:19 AM.

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#6 NasWutangKB24

NasWutangKB24

KUSH

• 861 posts
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted December 14, 2012 - 07:52 AM

What ? Everybody appreciates the old-school. Well except those 12 year old brats who have been unfortunate to be born in an era where music is made for the money and not for the art of music itself ..

idk all my friends that are around my age(22) HATE old school and they don't know more than 3 of the old rappers (PAC, big, jay-z, and nothing else)

all my friends and everyone I know go on and on about all this new [expletive] and how it's so much better

it drives me crazy because hip-hop went from the best music in the world to complete crap

Edited by NasWutangKB24, December 14, 2012 - 07:56 AM.

#7 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,004 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted December 14, 2012 - 07:54 AM

music is so bad, I've almost completely "tuned" it out of my life

Pau Gasol is GONE

#8 Honey Boo Boo

Honey Boo Boo

I <3 Weezy's Lil' Wayne

• 1,486 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Eminem

Posted December 14, 2012 - 08:10 AM

Hopsin dissed Wayne for attention not cuz he hates him.
Posted Image

#9 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is Bad For Chemistry

• 6,850 posts
  • Name:Walter Black
  • Fan Since:Breaking Bad
  • Fav. Laker:I am the danger

Posted December 14, 2012 - 10:25 AM

Rap Music so bad now, Snoop Dogg's at the Country Music Awards

Posted Image

Edited by Mr Terrific, December 14, 2012 - 10:28 AM.

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#10 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,305 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 10:27 AM

idk all my friends that are around my age(22) HATE old school and they don't know more than 3 of the old rappers (PAC, big, jay-z, and nothing else)

all my friends and everyone I know go on and on about all this new [expletive] and how it's so much better

it drives me crazy because hip-hop went from the best music in the world to complete crap

I think there are two kinds of people:

The first have witnessed the golden age of hip-hop (late 80's, 90's and very early 00's) and they disregard anything new, because it just can't compete with the sheer greatness of that era. They hate the new school, because it has gotten more mainstream, the songs have gotten more simple (plastic beats, dull catchy lyrics) and the artist's main goal is to make a hit for the radio/club and get the cheddar. These guys hate modern music, because the music has become more of bussiness, than an art.

The second are the new school homer. They are young. They don't listen to old-school, because they can't relate to the music. Struggle, ghetto [expletive], bangin .. They don't do that, they don't understand it .. they don't like it. These guys keep saying "Stop living in the past you dinosaur .. listen to some new [expletive]". They'll do anything to prove their point and convince you the new school is as good if not even better than the old school, because that's what the listen on the radio, that's the lifestyle that's more close to them, that's what they think is fly .. It's hard to convince them in the opposite and honestly you shouldn't ..

Bottom line is everyone should listen to what the want, but they have to respect the old school and pay their dues ..

Edited by Saber, December 14, 2012 - 10:28 AM.

Message From Pac

#11 Honey Boo Boo

Honey Boo Boo

I <3 Weezy's Lil' Wayne

• 1,486 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 10:36 AM

I think there are two kinds of people:

The first have witnessed the golden age of hip-hop (late 80's, 90's and very early 00's) and they disregard anything new, because it just can't compete with the sheer greatness of that era. They hate the new school, because it has gotten more mainstream, the songs have gotten more simple (plastic beats, dull catchy lyrics) and the artist's main goal is to make a hit for the radio/club and get the cheddar. These guys hate modern music, because the music has become more of bussiness, than an art.

The second are the new school homer. They are young. They don't listen to old-school, because they can't relate to the music. Struggle, ghetto [expletive], bangin .. They don't do that, they don't understand it .. they don't like it. These guys keep saying "Stop living in the past you dinosaur .. listen to some new [expletive]". They'll do anything to prove their point and convince you the new school is as good if not even better than the old school, because that's what the listen on the radio, that's the lifestyle that's more close to them, that's what they think is fly .. It's hard to convince them in the opposite and honestly you shouldn't ..

Bottom line is everyone should listen to what the want, but they have to respect the old school and pay their dues ..

U trying to sound smart but this may be the most retarded thing I've ever read belee dat

Edited by LakeShow5, December 14, 2012 - 10:37 AM.

Posted Image

#12 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,305 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 10:44 AM

Not trying anything bruh .. just speaking what I think and how I feel ;) I can't expect everyone to agree with me ..

Message From Pac

#13 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,775 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted December 14, 2012 - 11:23 AM

it seems that everyone has forgotten the amazing music that started everything for rap

Not me dude. 88-2004 hip hop for life. People don't appreciate old school hip hop because they were either not around for it, or, are caught up in the trends.

U trying to sound smart but this may be the most retarded thing I've ever read belee dat

What are you trying to sound like when you type 'beleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee'? Lmao

Edited by -Wade-, December 14, 2012 - 11:25 AM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#14 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 585 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted December 14, 2012 - 11:24 AM

i don't hate old school hip hop. hell i love alot of it. but i hate people like you. i like to call them hip hop heads. its outrageous. i don't listen to most garbage rap now, but their are alot of good rappers these days. its funny when i see rakim fans (im one too) say how garbage lil wayne is, but hear rakim give wayne compliments. your favs give wayne credit and say he's good, but for some reason, people have this notion that change = not good. those people are the same people that hate on kobe and worship jordan. its all dumb imo. either you like or you don't, but don't criticize others if their opinion differs.

#15 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,677 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted December 14, 2012 - 11:29 AM

before you give up on the future of music, there's some amazing hip hop right now, they're just not getting any airtime

2div

#16 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,775 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 11:31 AM

I criticize others and have a reason, not simply because their opinion differs. THAT would be a silly reason.
People who listen to unintelligent music are usually unintelligent... I lay out my critique and move on with it, I'm still respecting of other people's opinions. Old school hop hop used to be very conscious. It is rare to see conscious music nowdays... it's mostly what they're going to eat, how many hoes they just finished, and how much money they have. Rick Ross.... "Money, is gangsta!" Compare that philosophy to the average old school philosophy.

Music, to me though, goes deeper than just a taste or preference. There's more to it.

there's some amazing hip hop right now, they're just not getting any airtime

This. That's why I don't listen to the radio, all my tunes always come from my mp3 device.

your favs give wayne credit and say he's good, but for some reason, people have this notion that change = not good.

Idk about everyone else, but I only vibe with a lyricist's lyrics... not their actions (though, I cross reference spoken lyric with their actions). Rakim can do and say what he wants about Wayne. I can like Rakim, and Rakim can think what he wants about Wayne, but I am independent from Rakim, and have critical thought and opinion of Lil Wayne. Who knows, maybe Rakim is just avoiding confrontation atm.....

Edited by -Wade-, December 14, 2012 - 11:36 AM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#17 Honey Boo Boo

Honey Boo Boo

I <3 Weezy's Lil' Wayne

• 1,486 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 11:34 AM

Not me dude. 88-2004 hip hop for life. People don't appreciate old school hip hop because they were either not around for it, or, are caught up in the trends.

What are you trying to sound like when you type 'beleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee'? Lmao

Birdman the gawd belee Dat young $tunna
Posted Image

#18 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,775 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 11:37 AM

Birdman the gawd belee Dat young $tunna

Lil Wayne sends you hugs and kisses. Belee dat.

Spoiler

Edited by -Wade-, December 14, 2012 - 11:40 AM.

wKNsigp.png

#19 Honey Boo Boo

Honey Boo Boo

I <3 Weezy's Lil' Wayne

• 1,486 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 11:47 AM

Lil Wayne sends you hugs and kisses. Belee dat.

Spoiler

The GOAT Tunechi F baby ima o-riginal hot boy
Posted Image

#20 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,775 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 11:54 AM

The GOAT Tunechi F baby ima o-riginal hot boy

You see, this goes back to that whole statement of "conscious" music and "intelligence". I think my troll sensors are picking up, hard to say.

wKNsigp.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users