54 replies to this topic

#41 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted December 14, 2012 - 11:29 AM

We need to chill. But let's say we don't make the playoffs.

Here's what we have to do in order to put together a better team.

Either trade Gasol or Howard for a decent center/PF and a fast young point guard. Waive MWP. And get a decent young SF.

If we can get rid of MWP & Gasol, that will me like 30 Million cap space free, so we could attack free agency. Here's a list of players who will be available:

Chris Paul
Brandon Jennings
Tyreke Evans
Kyle Lowry
Monta Ellis
O.J. Mayo
Josh Smith
David West
Lamar Odom

Most of them who are young and could re-energize this dead lakers team.

I dont understand. Why do people post about salaries, caps, etc. without knowing the math and rules first?

Lets start by looking at our salaries: http://hoopshype.com...s/la_lakers.htm

We are on the books for $78m next without Dwight Howard. If we amnesty MWP we go down to $70,459,350. If we somehow trade Gasol for NO salaries in return (not going to happen, but lets just try) we are at $51,173,500. Salary cap this year was at $58.044m. Assuming it goes up to around $60m next year (which is the consensus right now) we are around $9m under the cap with no Pau replacement and no Dwight Howard and no starting SF. So we have $9m to go sign who? Out of the list you put up there lets see who would sign for that:

Tyreke Evans
Kyle Lowry
David West
Lamar Odom

Congrats. We have dumped Pau, MWP, and Dwight and afforded ourselves the opportunity to sign a decent 3rd or 4th option. Great.

#42 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 14, 2012 - 12:23 PM

This has to be the most disappointing and embarrassing season of Lakers history.... I feel embarrassed even talking up this team... I thought we would run right through teams smh

#43 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,120 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted December 16, 2012 - 08:09 PM

Hey, we got the wins over Wiz and Philly that we desperately needed. If we can handle the Cats, we will have some momentum when Pau and Nash return.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#44 God Shammgod

God Shammgod

"Drink Hennessey straight, with tomato juice"

• 752 posts

Posted December 16, 2012 - 08:33 PM

If we can handle the Cats

I never, ever thought those words would have to be said in that order concerning the Lakers :no:

#45 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted December 16, 2012 - 08:33 PM

Our next 6 games are crucial:

vs Charlotte
@ Golden State
vs New York
@ Denver
vs Portland
vs Philadelphia

We obviously need to play better but all our games at home are winnable. We have only one back to back and thats heading to Denver on the 26th.

Especially if we get Nash back for the X-Mas game showdown with the Knicks, we will be in great shape as we go into January when we face the Cllippers, Spurs, and OKC.

#46 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted December 16, 2012 - 09:02 PM

vs Charlotte
@ Golden State
vs New York
@ Denver
vs Portland
vs Philadelphia

We obviously need to play better but all our games at home are winnable. We have only one back to back and thats heading to Denver on the 26th.

Especially if we get Nash back for the X-Mas game showdown with the Knicks, we will be in great shape as we go into January when we face the Cllippers, Spurs, and OKC.

Idk if we could handle amare coming off the bench on Christmas Day ....

#47 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,274 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 16, 2012 - 09:36 PM

I never, ever thought those words would have to be said in that order concerning the Lakers :no:

Bobcats have the best winning percentage in the NBA History vs the Lakers..

#48 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted December 16, 2012 - 10:48 PM

Idk if we could handle amare coming off the bench on Christmas Day ....

Amare is one player I've NEVER worried about when we play him.

#49 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 5,002 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted December 16, 2012 - 10:55 PM

vs Charlotte
@ Golden State
vs New York
@ Denver
vs Portland
vs Philadelphia

I dont think we'll miss the playoffs, but at this point i still start to root for and against certain teams.
Clips, OKC, Spurs and Memphis are going to make the playoffs, that's for sure, so i really dont care if they win or lose.
Dallas, Denver, Golden State, Minnesota, Houston, Portland and Utah on the other hand really needs to lose some games as we are in direct competitions with these teams for playoff spots.

Of these next games, we obviously need to win as many as possible, but @Golden state, @Devner and vs. Portland are the most important. And we CANNOT drop a game against Charlotte.

#50 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted December 16, 2012 - 11:16 PM

We need to start winning more and fast. 2 game winning streak helps. Though I think we should and NEED to win the next 4/5 out of the next 6 games. ANything less is bad.
Laker fan for life.

#51 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,967 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted December 16, 2012 - 11:50 PM

vs Charlotte
@ Golden State
vs New York
@ Denver
vs Portland
vs Philadelphia

Idk if the knicks game is winnable yet even with nash cuz he would just be coming back if heis even back by then. If we win that one we will need a bit of luck.

#52 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,076 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 16, 2012 - 11:52 PM

vs Charlotte
@ Golden State
vs New York
@ Denver
vs Portland
vs Philadelphia

yeah, we need to come out against the Bobcats looking to destroy them. They despite their record always seem to lose close games, they are going to fight us to the very end so we can't afford to come in acting complacent like it's gonna be easy.

Like D'antoni said, we need to be playing hard for an entire month before he even concedes that we're a good basketball team right now.

If we win all 6 of those games then we're pretty set as far as things go because it will show we're done being complacent. Hopefully that is the case.

My three main trap games up there are Charlotte, Portland and Denver. Because we've already lost to Portland who is playing bad and we can't waltz in with a sense of security, and Denver because we can't afford to come in assuming we'll blow them out again.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#53 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

I do the walk of life.

• 1,907 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted December 17, 2012 - 01:24 AM

If the continue playing with effort and if this momentum continues with Nash and Pau coming back,I think we 'll only lose in Denver.
I'm an optimist,I know :cool2:
Impossible is nothing.

#54 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 5,002 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted December 17, 2012 - 02:44 AM

If the continue playing with effort and if this momentum continues with Nash and Pau coming back,I think we 'll only lose in Denver.
I'm an optimist,I know :cool2:

The game against Denver is perhaps the most difficult, but also the most important.

#55 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,120 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted December 19, 2012 - 05:19 AM

At least we survived these last 3 games. With the way this team had been playing, there were certainly no gimmes. Some good flashes last night, but also a lot of lackluster play.

Two good opponents coming up. A critcial piece of exorcising these demons will be to find a way to start beating good teams. Nash will help. But, they won't beat GSW or NYK if they take off long stretches like they did last night.

Hopefully, no more airballs from Ebanks.

Lakers will make the play-offs.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users