#21 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 13, 2012 - 09:12 PM

O.K. no knife.

Not every professional athlete has the passion for winning, If you want wrong, thinking they all do is just that - wrong.

Until this team shows that they do care about winning, blindly thinking they do is ridiculous. I see Kobe wanting to win and... nobody else. I see no person on this team get upset at losing, or even talk about being upset about losing. Al I see is a team that hangs its head, accepts tits fate and barely pushes on. There is no fight in this team. If you want to fool yourself into thinking there is, then have at it.

Problem is, until fans or someone calls these guys out for it, or they suddenly decide to give a crap, things will not change.

You can be competitive getting to the professional level, but a TON of athletes lose that edge once they get there. It's far more common for an athlete to get complacent and satisfied with simply being professional than it is to continue that want to win. This i why guys like Kobe are so rare.

It's not about throwing a "tantrum" on a forum. It's about having some kind of pride. I'm sorry if you misinterpret honest anger and distaste for a losing attitude that show no signs of recovering as a tantrum. This kind of passion, whether you want to call it a "tantrum" or not is what's lacking on this team.

Please prove to me that they're trying. I have yet to see it. They came into the season believing their press and expecting the league to bow down at their feet without a fight. Now hat nobody is doing that, they sulk and wind up in this losing spiral. This team has shown no fight or will to get out of it or become the team they should be.

Carpe Diem: To get to the 50 win mark they need to go 41-18 from here on out. I'd love to be wrong, but I don't see that happening. In the last full season (2010/11) Memphis had 46 wins and barely creeped into the 8th spot. So let's run with that instead. At 9-14 right now, the Lakers need to go 37-22. That's hoping that mark stays the same. With the way these guys play, that also, ain't gonna happen.

Exactly whAt I'm feeling I hate people saying oh we're giving up we are not true fans. It's anger guys, distaste and total unhappiness with what we are seeing... When you have expectations of a team rolling out the gates and you get this crap product out on the floor you think to yourself... Wtf?

I don't need to sit here analyzing the crap out of every game. I see bad basketball and bad results which equals a lot of losses. Things have got to change.
Laker fan for life.

#22 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,849 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted December 13, 2012 - 09:15 PM

At this point I am not to optimistic with us making the playoffs. Pau wont make this team any better and nash may help some but I dont think enough. This team just plain doesn't care.

The big thing that killed us it that we put so much into getting dwight that we didnt focus on bench and role players.

MWP and jaminson have there moments but they are way to inconsistent.

We need to dump MWP, jaminson, pau, duhon, ebanks to ever have any type of chance of building a real team. There just way to old and ebanks is just a waste of space.

keep kobe dwight meeks and then some bench players to fill spot then build around that. IDK about nash though. This injury was a killer this season and I still have a feeling it will end his career.

Need to focus on getting defensive player and not this whole dwight can do everything [expletive]. You can blame it on MD if you want but this team's defense is bad becasue half of them suck at it.

Jaminson, morris,duhon,pau,ebanks etc are horrible defenders. This needs to be a focus next season

#23 Mehran The Great

Mehran The Great

Immortal

• 2,767 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24

Posted December 13, 2012 - 09:16 PM

I just want to win

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#24 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,871 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 13, 2012 - 09:18 PM

The fans want to win, but does the team?

If they do, they certainly aren't showing it.

#25 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,849 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted December 13, 2012 - 09:22 PM

The fans want to win, but does the team?

If they do, they certainly aren't showing it.

It almost seems like a bunch of players came here and just expected to win the championship like the heat. Difference is the heat got players cheap and they didnt give up talent for lebron bosh.

#26 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted December 13, 2012 - 09:34 PM

I don't see how anyone can say this team wants to win. The Lakers can complain and be upset after every loss so it comes across that they care, but their play says otherwise.

#27 South Bay Laker Fan

South Bay Laker Fan

Rookie

• 17 posts
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 13, 2012 - 09:46 PM

Lakers are going to be in the playoffs. Period. You hear me first.

I don't think this team will make the playoffs. And if by some miracle they do get the 7th or 8th seed, then they will be quickly bounced in the first round by either being swept or losing the series 4-1.

Dwight will stay. Kobe and Nash will also remain. And then Mitch will have his hands full filling out the other 12 roster spots. I think nearly everyone will be gone by next season if they miss this years playoffs.

And how lame is that? Kobe and Kwame got to the playoffs and almost won their first round series. Now Kobe and Dwight are on the path to failure and potentially missing the playoffs? Crazy times in Lakerland.

#28 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,610 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted December 13, 2012 - 09:57 PM

I think at the end of the year if everything works out, we could get the 7th seed or 6th seed but not much more!

This is just painfuil to watch right now and we are heading down direction!

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#29 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 13, 2012 - 10:55 PM

With the talent on this roster, this team should be able to beat any team on any given night. I guess they will have to because even if they do make the playoffs as a low playoff seed they will have a tall task ahead of them. They would have enormous battles to win on the road against the likes of OKC, San Antonio, and Memphis.

#30 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,790 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted December 13, 2012 - 11:01 PM

At this point we're about 3 games out of the playoffs, so i think we'll end up making it as a 6-8 seed and i still think we will make a run at a championship. I mean, the pieces are there, they just need to figure things out. The problem is that the longer it takes, the more vulnerable we will be to injuries and other teams playing great.

Also, being an optimist: we've had some BAD losses recently, but also a few encouraging games such as the destruction of Denver, Dallas and Golden State as well as very close losses to NY, Memphis, OKC and San Antonio - without two of our four best players.

#31 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,378 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted December 13, 2012 - 11:11 PM

I also think something else to consider is assuming once the Lakers figure this out, our guys will be more motivated for the rest of the season as we aim to get at least the 8 seed, making it easier to get that 41-18 record fido has pointed out. Knowing that each game gets more and more important for our chances will motivate our guys at least somewhat more than they are now I just really can't see that not happening.

Edited by LakersChamps243, December 13, 2012 - 11:12 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#32 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,610 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 11:26 PM

i have become pessimistic

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#33 NasWutangKB24

NasWutangKB24

KUSH

• 863 posts
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted December 14, 2012 - 12:14 AM

The worst part about missing the playoffs would be that we don't even have any draft picks this year

#34 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,610 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 12:25 AM

hip Tests saad

#35 muncher

muncher

Rookie

• 531 posts
  • Name:Simon
  • Fav. Laker:Gary Vitti

Posted December 14, 2012 - 12:31 AM

Lol at Lamar Odom on the free agent list!

#36 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,073 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted December 14, 2012 - 05:04 AM

I understand the desire to talk about 50 wins, but I'm more focused on this year's standings. Right now, we are far from dead in the water.

If the focus is 50 wins, then who do you think has the best chance of getting there? The Lakers or the Timberwolves? That's what we are really talking about at this point.

None of the teams currently slotted from 6 down are on a 50 win pace.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#37 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,073 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted December 14, 2012 - 05:14 AM

I am still waiting for the turnaround that the media supposedly saw coming after the Thunder game on Friday night.

And then Eric Pincus seemed confused (via Twitter) why fans seemed more upset than usual after losing to the Cavs. Also, after the Cavs game, Keving Ding said the gut feeling was that things had bottomed out. I asked him -Your gut?

The Knicks loss was no surprise. But, this team really doesn't need to lose to both the Cavs and the Wiz in the same week. Steve Nash isn't playing on this trip. Somebody needs to step up and carry this team to a win.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#38 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,737 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted December 14, 2012 - 06:09 AM

Can we recover our draft picks for the upcoming lottery draft? I'm willing to trade everyone but Kobe.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#39 Listen2TheBeatt

Listen2TheBeatt

6th Man

• 692 posts
  • Name:Colin
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ariza

Posted December 14, 2012 - 06:23 AM

We need to chill. But let's say we don't make the playoffs.

Here's what we have to do in order to put together a better team.

Either trade Gasol or Howard for a decent center/PF and a fast young point guard. Waive MWP. And get a decent young SF.

If we can get rid of MWP & Gasol, that will me like 30 Million cap space free, so we could attack free agency. Here's a list of players who will be available:

Chris Paul
Brandon Jennings
Tyreke Evans
Kyle Lowry
Monta Ellis
O.J. Mayo
Josh Smith
David West
Lamar Odom

Most of them who are young and could re-energize this dead lakers team.

Which name doesn't fit the rest of the list? (Hint: its in bold)
Videographer for LakerNation.com & STNTV
Follow me on Twitter @Listen2TheBeatt

#40 foreveryoung

foreveryoung

Rookie

• 102 posts
  • Fan Since:Long Time

Posted December 14, 2012 - 10:41 AM

Which name doesn't fit the rest of the list? (Hint: its in bold)

I know! It just stands out...LOL

He was a dick for leaving.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users