#1 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 13, 2012 - 06:08 PM

With the real possibility of this Laker team now missing the playoffs

What happens to this team?... Does Dwight leave? Does Dantoni get fired? Does Kobe just out right retire? Will pau be here?... Does management blow it up? They are paying over 100 million and we are the highest salary team in the NBA. Next year Nash will be 39 years old heading into 40. I always said we had a 2 year window. The window on this first year is almost already shut.

This season has become disturbing on so many levels. I expected us to be on 5 and 10 game winning streaks every 2nd week, and talk about if we can beat OKC and Miami, instead we are here discussing the possibility that we may not even make the playoffs. What a season. Still cant believe we are 9-14 -_-
Laker fan for life.

#2 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,801 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted December 13, 2012 - 06:13 PM

2 games back of the 8th seed in the middle of December and people claiming it's a real possibility we miss the playoffs.

This place is amazing.
iyjywo.jpg

#3 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,801 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted December 13, 2012 - 06:17 PM

And yes, the fact that were fighting for the 8th seed is ridiculous itself.

But chill the [expletive] out.
iyjywo.jpg

#4 foreveryoung

foreveryoung

Rookie

• 102 posts
  • Fan Since:Long Time

Posted December 13, 2012 - 06:59 PM

We need to chill. But let's say we don't make the playoffs.

Here's what we have to do in order to put together a better team.

Either trade Gasol or Howard for a decent center/PF and a fast young point guard. Waive MWP. And get a decent young SF.

If we can get rid of MWP & Gasol, that will me like 30 Million cap space free, so we could attack free agency. Here's a list of players who will be available:

Chris Paul
Brandon Jennings
Tyreke Evans
Kyle Lowry
Monta Ellis
O.J. Mayo
Josh Smith
David West
Lamar Odom

Most of them who are young and could re-energize this dead lakers team.

Posted Image

#5 Mehran The Great

Mehran The Great

Immortal

• 2,767 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24

Posted December 13, 2012 - 07:20 PM

ugh.

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#6 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,328 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 07:29 PM

if we missed the playoffs we'd be one of the most talented rosters to do so. assuming we sign delonte and actually get a real SF
Posted Image

#7 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,073 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted December 13, 2012 - 07:29 PM

Lets talk about missing the play-offs when when we hear Nash is not returning.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#8 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,579 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted December 13, 2012 - 07:42 PM

Believe it or not, missing the playoffs is becoming a more grim reality than it has ever been, even at this stage. Maintain hope, but prepare for the worst.

spupissuelo.gif

RIP Dad. I miss you so very much...

July 27, 2011 4:00 AM.

#9 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,142 posts
  • Fan Since:Lakers traded for Kobe

Posted December 13, 2012 - 07:45 PM

Missing the playoffs is a reality be realistic and stop clinging to hope, first its 2 games back then 3,4 and so on then what? We are about to go 2-7 in the last 9 not a recipe even for a 8th seed contention.

Edited by Nego, December 13, 2012 - 07:47 PM.

Posted Image

#10 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,073 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted December 13, 2012 - 07:55 PM

If we play at a 22% clip the rest of the way, then well be angling for the #1 pick.

Start by beating the Wiz tomorrow, then bring back Paunaginst Philly. If they can steal a win there, then they can come home and get Nash back.

We may have one more ugly week, but things will start to turn real soon.

If not, we'll know and can focus on other things.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#11 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted December 13, 2012 - 07:57 PM

Its an IF case scenario guys calm down lol. I just want to get some opinions of what everyone thinks Lakers organisation will do. I still believe we will make the playoffs, but just nots its more of a possibility at 9-14.
Laker fan for life.

#12 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,873 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 13, 2012 - 08:01 PM

I think Dwight will stay no matter what.

Pau, Artest will be gone. The only remaining remnants I would think would be Bryant, Howard and Nash.

And Massacre I'm usually one to tell people to calm down as well, but mathematically it's going to be very tough for this Laker team to get rolling in enough time to make that 8th seed. Hurts to say, but it's the truth.

If they need 50 wins to make the playoffs, they need to go 41-18 as of tonight. It's not as far fetched as you may want to think.

#13 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,329 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted December 13, 2012 - 08:11 PM

My god,has the East become so pathetic that the West 8th seed can conjure up 50 wins?

#14 fido

fido

• 11,873 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 08:13 PM

Its been that way for years, ain't gonna change any time soon. The East is still not close to as good as the West.

#15 Mumford

Mumford

Rookie

• 168 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 08:14 PM

Well, then simply we'll realize that Kobe, Dwight, Nash, and all these players are not as good as we thought.

#16 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,929 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 08:25 PM

It will be humiliating for the organization and us fans who are always hearing [expletive] from other fanbases.

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#17 fido

fido

• 11,873 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 08:35 PM

Problem is I think the fans would care more than the team would at this point.

#18 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,392 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted December 13, 2012 - 08:46 PM

You are just wrong Fido. These are professional athletes. You don't get to become a professional athlete without being supremely competitive. Just because they don't come on a message board and throw a tantrum, does not mean they don't care. They are just a bad team and have been exposed, they can't stop anyone and nobody is scared of them at this point. They are trying, they just aren't good.

#19 Mehran The Great

Mehran The Great

Immortal

• 2,767 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24

Posted December 13, 2012 - 08:50 PM

Lakers are going to be in the playoffs. Period. You hear me first.

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#20 fido

fido

• 11,873 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 08:56 PM

O.K. no knife.

Not every professional athlete has the passion for winning, If you want wrong, thinking they all do is just that - wrong.

Until this team shows that they do care about winning, blindly thinking they do is ridiculous. I see Kobe wanting to win and... nobody else. I see no person on this team get upset at losing, or even talk about being upset about losing. Al I see is a team that hangs its head, accepts tits fate and barely pushes on. There is no fight in this team. If you want to fool yourself into thinking there is, then have at it.

Problem is, until fans or someone calls these guys out for it, or they suddenly decide to give a crap, things will not change.

You can be competitive getting to the professional level, but a TON of athletes lose that edge once they get there. It's far more common for an athlete to get complacent and satisfied with simply being professional than it is to continue that want to win. This i why guys like Kobe are so rare.

It's not about throwing a "tantrum" on a forum. It's about having some kind of pride. I'm sorry if you misinterpret honest anger and distaste for a losing attitude that show no signs of recovering as a tantrum. This kind of passion, whether you want to call it a "tantrum" or not is what's lacking on this team.

Please prove to me that they're trying. I have yet to see it. They came into the season believing their press and expecting the league to bow down at their feet without a fight. Now hat nobody is doing that, they sulk and wind up in this losing spiral. This team has shown no fight or will to get out of it or become the team they should be.

Carpe Diem: To get to the 50 win mark they need to go 41-18 from here on out. I'd love to be wrong, but I don't see that happening. In the last full season (2010/11) Memphis had 46 wins and barely creeped into the 8th spot. So let's run with that instead. At 9-14 right now, the Lakers need to go 37-22. That's hoping that mark stays the same. With the way these guys play, that also, ain't gonna happen.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)