#1 haztronic

haztronic

From Laguna/Love the Lakers

• 336 posts
  • Name:Harry
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted December 13, 2012 - 11:13 AM

Just listening to numbers never lie on ESPN and they said that since the Knicks fired Mike, they have lost only one game at home, and this time last year they were 8-13 and now 16-5. Sounds a lot like us (9-13). First Take also had a segment talking about how he is an overrated coach and only became successful in PHX because of Nash, not his coaching.

To be honest, the first thing I thought when I saw that the Lakers chose D'Antoni was, "Why would he succeed here when he was fired by the Knicks?" He obviously couldn't coach great players over there and now he can't here. I knew this was going to happen and so far, he has shown none of us that he is capable of controlling this team or even adjusting his style of offense to better suit us.

I am not blaming this all on our coach though, the whole team is accountable for the terrible play as of late. Putting in zero effort and energy. Not playing smart ball but instead making every play seem like they are figuring out a calculus question.

Scary times for our beloved Lakers.

Edited by haztronic, December 13, 2012 - 11:17 AM.

DIE HARD LAKER FAN 4 LIFE!

#2 The Hound

The Hound

3rd Eye Vision

• 1,080 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, Ron Artest, Magic

Posted December 13, 2012 - 12:07 PM

He was doing great things with the Knicks before they made the big trades they did, go ahead and listen to the homers at ESPN.

"Any man dies with a clean sword,  I'LL RAPE HIS [expletive]ING CORPSE!!!!!" - Sandor Clegane

#3 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted December 13, 2012 - 12:14 PM

I saw it was an ESPN show and I stopped reading. ESPN personalities are the biggest clowns.

#4 haztronic

haztronic

From Laguna/Love the Lakers

• 336 posts
  • Name:Harry
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted December 13, 2012 - 12:16 PM

Although they did come out with a great Kobe interview...
DIE HARD LAKER FAN 4 LIFE!

#5 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 13, 2012 - 01:30 PM

Before the Melo trade, the Knicks were fine. Then the ball stopper came into the picture which ruined the offense. Plus Melo never play defense and neither did Amare.

Posted Image

#6 Thanatos

Thanatos

Rookie

• 1,249 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted December 13, 2012 - 02:15 PM

He was doing great things with the Knicks before they made the big trades they did, go ahead and listen to the homers at ESPN.

This. D'Antoni's offense relies on the point guard to make good decisions and keep the ball moving. It's no surprise that the two times the Knicks were playing their best basketball under D'Antoni was when they had a good point guard leading a team-oriented attack (Felton and Lin). Guess what? Ball stopper Melo was not playing for the Knicks both times. They ran pick and roll, spaced the floor with shooters, and the ball never stopped moving.

I still don't think D'Antoni is the right man for the job, but at this point I'll wait until Nash gets back to make a full assessment.
Posted Image

#7 leor_77

leor_77

Hall Of Fame

• 8,410 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 02:28 PM

The Knicks are obviously doing very well, but let's not forget that they lost in the first round in 5 games under Woodson, and should have probably been swept if not for a miracle three by Carmelo. In addition, the makeup of the team is better now than it was last year. Regardless, the Knicks should start to come back to Earth soon - They rely too much on three's (a trend I hope we don't follow) and they have very old players, who are at a high risk for injuries.

Edited by leor_77, December 13, 2012 - 02:29 PM.

#8 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,993 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 13, 2012 - 04:04 PM

Pretty much. Not to mention he did good with the Knicks when Amar'e was out. If Amar'e was as willing to come off the bench now as he is Woodson then D'antoni would have won a lot more.

I love how ESPN always forgets to talk about how the Knicks were near swept against Miami in the playoffs with Amar'e starting.

Amar'e being injured is a big reason for the Knicks success not just that but we have two point guards, we have Felton which would fit perfectly in D'antoni's system and is obviously better than Lin and you have Jason Kidd who taught and mentored Steve Nash so of course he fits into the offense.

They are RUNNING D'antoni's offense to perfection. Which they did last year too when Amar'e wasn't out there. And now Amar'e is willing to come off the bench for Woodson when he wasn't for D'antoni and the Knicks will benefit.

There's a lot of things they aren't factoring at all when it comes to criticizing D'antoni's time with the Knicks. Pretty much why I'm of the opinion a stretch 4 in the starting lineup and Gasol coming off the bench would benefit us greatly. But Gasol wants to still be the freaking second option and starting center because that is what he complains about all the time despite not showing it at all.

If Gasol stopped complaining, swallowed his pride and actualoly was effective as a 5 on the bench we wouldn't have to discuss trading him so much. He's Amar'e 2.0.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#9 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,495 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 04:23 PM

Can't run mikes offense through Carmelo. Which they had to.

Posted Image

#10 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,993 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 13, 2012 - 04:33 PM

Can't run mikes offense through Carmelo. Which they had to.

When Carmelo was playing the stretch 4, it seemed to work just fine. But yes it's dependent on the point guard, which is why Felton shines and is setting things up and why Kidd is still able to.

Edited by Majesty, December 13, 2012 - 04:33 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#11 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted December 13, 2012 - 05:36 PM

Only improtant #s are wins and losses
Posted Image

#12 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,873 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted December 13, 2012 - 06:02 PM

the worst part about this, well, i'll give him the respect of saying, "potentially" not working out with 'antoni is that they likely burned their bridge with phil...doing whatever that was they did with the hiring...

they're going to have to bend over and pay him a lot of money if there's any chance of him coming back here

Posted Image

#13 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted December 13, 2012 - 06:04 PM

Man, I dont think Phil can save us anymore. Its too late in the season. YOu cant have ANOTHER change 25 games in. Its just too much turmoil. But if we miss the playoffs this year I can gurantee you that Dantoni is losing his job this offseason.
Laker fan for life.

#14 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,873 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted December 13, 2012 - 06:29 PM

not necessarily this year...at any point

Posted Image

#15 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 11:01 AM

https://twitter.com/...502598092132352

Are the Lakers too old to be playing a fast pace? Lakers are 2-9 under Mike D'Antoni when they have 96+ possessions, 8-2 with 95 or fewer.

https://twitter.com/...517924854890496

The Lakers have scored 100+ points per 100 possessions in every game under Mike D'Antoni in which they've had a pace of 95 or lower.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users