#1 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,130 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted December 13, 2012 - 05:29 AM

- WWE officials are looking to be more edgier with RAW. The feeling is that Vince McMahon isn’t behind the new push but obviously is on-board with it. Vince realizes that numbers are down and it’s said that he is open to suggestions.

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#2 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,141 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 13, 2012 - 05:52 AM

Then let Dean Ambrose do what he does and stop trying to make CM Punk look weak and make it so that a HEEL can actually beat a superface clean.

Edgier wasn't what made the Attitude Era great, it was matchmaking and people maximizing their talent.

If Vince wants that again he needs to stop keeping people that deserve a shot in the backdrop.

We'll see. if Cena beats Ziggler or if Ziggler doesn't beat Cena clean then obviously nothing is changing.

Edited by Majesty, December 13, 2012 - 05:53 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#3 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted December 13, 2012 - 06:11 AM

Holy shiz is Cena still their #1 guy? its been about a decade since i kept up with wrestling. But i do know they are trying to make a copy of glodberg with some guy? the attitude era with not come back too lake and we are way past that. Although i was watching TNA a few years back an noticed they did not bleep the F words.
Posted Image

#4 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,141 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 06:27 AM

Holy shiz is Cena still their #1 guy? its been about a decade since i kept up with wrestling. But i do know they are trying to make a copy of glodberg with some guy? the attitude era with not come back too lake and we are way past that. Although i was watching TNA a few years back an noticed they did not bleep the F words.

Well CM Punk has been champion for 388 days but Cena still gets in main event storylines and is booked as the superhero and NO ONE beats him clean still. He's fighting Dolph Ziggler now. HOPEFULLY Ziggler wins.

But like I said, Vince needs to let Dean Ambrose cut loose and not censor him, so he can get more promos like this

#5 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,130 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 10:14 AM

Ziggler is gonna win on Sunday, I read that they're keeping Cena on the low till Mania when he faces Rock for the title (Rock is gonna win at the Rumble btw). I really like what they are doing with the Shield though, seems NWOish

#6 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,256 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 13, 2012 - 10:52 AM

WWE: The soap opera for men.
I haven't watched since I was in elementary school, back with the Hardyz, The Rock, HHH, Stone Cold... I was a nut for that stuff back then.

Edited by Lakerace24, December 13, 2012 - 10:53 AM.

#7 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,598 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted December 13, 2012 - 10:54 AM

Source?

#8 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 13, 2012 - 11:03 AM

I think while they want to push it to a more controversial limit, the Attitude Era will never be brought back because of the personalities that were involved, they were the ones that made that. CM Punk is really the only guy that can work the mic in the industry.

#9 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,653 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted December 14, 2012 - 09:46 PM

yea, attitude era was more of a combination of good writing and acting if you ask me, what made the atittude ear great was the stuff between the actual matches...the stuff leading up to matches...the characters were better...off the top of my head, rock, austin, michaels, helmsley, DX, foley, taker, even early kane...everything from the sidekicks to the tag teams were all better...i think it was more about those people than anything else...they just don't build 'em like they used to

what also made the era great was the fact that we were seeing things we had never really seen before...as in the story...in and out of the ring. styles of matches, etc....hell in a cell matches...TLC matches...just aren't the same after you've seen 10 of 'em...there's only so much that can be done with respect to a wrestling ring, and wrestling characters, and i think part of the problem is at this point, we've seen it all before

Posted Image

#10 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,288 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted December 14, 2012 - 09:47 PM

yea, attitude era was more of a combination of good writing and acting if you ask me, what made the atittude ear great was the stuff between the actual matches...the stuff leading up to matches...the characters were better...off the top of my head, rock, austin, michaels, helmsley, DX, foley, taker, even early kane...everything from the sidekicks to the tag teams were all better...i think it was more about those people than anything else...they just don't build 'em like they used to

Dont forget the dudley boyz yo!

#11 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,653 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted December 14, 2012 - 10:02 PM

yea, the list goes on...kurt angle, ken shamrock...

i mean, you'll never see a better hell in a cell than the undertaker mankind 1998 king of the ring

never see a better i quit match than rock mankind at the 99 royal rumble

never a better tables/ladders/chairs match than that original (or 2nd i forget which was better) edge/christian V dudleyz V hardeys...whenever that was, i believe a wrestlemania...

the new age outlaws? no one gets excited for tag matches anymore (do they?) they were great to watch

non gimmick matches? almost anything with foley back then...whether it was rock, stone cold, undertaker, dude had some classics...

Posted Image

#12 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts

Posted December 15, 2012 - 12:01 AM

and the APA cut great promos
Posted Image

#13 Alpha Four

Alpha Four

Fugitive Alien

• 501 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted December 15, 2012 - 03:34 AM

If they do maybe I'll start watching again. I stopped watching when Cena became invincible. CM Punk seems like a cool dude but I won't watch the WWE just for him.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#14 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,141 posts

Posted December 15, 2012 - 03:44 AM

If they do maybe I'll start watching again. I stopped watching when Cena became invincible. CM Punk seems like a cool dude but I won't watch the WWE just for him.

I'd reccomend checking out some Dean Ambrose then. Kid looks like the future and apparently he'll be getting a big push soon. Posted one of his promos during his feud with William Regal. Was very intense, reminded me of an ECW one to be honest.

Of course back in ECW EVERY promo was awesome. So the fact that his can even remind me of such a thing is a good sign. And Luckily the WWE is smart enough to be pushing him at the moment along with Seth Rollins whom is an awesome wrestler in the ring but not as great on the mic, luckily Ambrose does most of the talking.

#15 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,130 posts

Posted December 15, 2012 - 09:20 AM

here's is the second promo the Shield did Last Friday on Smackdown

http://www.youtube.c...eature=g-user-f

#16 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts

Posted December 15, 2012 - 09:26 PM

another invasion gimmick? ugh i remember when they had the NEXUS guys when i was at my cousins he was watching it and he said wrestling is dried and cut. Did not know the Rock was back.
Posted Image

#17 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,141 posts

Posted December 16, 2012 - 01:52 AM

another invasion gimmick? ugh i remember when they had the NEXUS guys when i was at my cousins he was watching it and he said wrestling is dried and cut. Did not know the Rock was back.

They aren't the Nexus, they are pretty different. They are more like guns for hire on the things that go wrong. The same people getting main event pushes, young stars being held back. Management backing people like Ryback when there's more talented. Champions getting buried etc. They are pretty much the IWC

Dean Ambrose said it best "We're not the Nexus, and if you want the nWo go buy the dvd"

#18 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,130 posts

Posted December 16, 2012 - 09:16 AM

Ambrose gonna be a star

#19 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,130 posts

Posted December 16, 2012 - 06:40 PM

The Shield took bumps just now that I never seen before (maybe not) but still HOLY COW

#20 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,288 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted December 16, 2012 - 07:05 PM

Haven't watched wwe prolly for like 1 year now. is it still boring?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users