• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#21 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted December 12, 2012 - 08:03 PM

Howard has no clue where's he's going. He's just saying this because of all the flack he received last year after waffling around. At this point I don't care where this dude goes. I'm tired of Howard getting such a pass with a lot of Laker fans.. Of course everyone complains about his free throws, but folks come across that it's O.K. because "that's just Dwight and he's always been that way" type of response.

Other than his rebounding lately, he hasn't really done what others have said he'd do if we traded for him. Most of his points are scored on the line because he gets like 20 or so attempts giving him around 9 or 10 points there, and another 8 or so from the field. The bottom line is that Howard is not what most thought he would be. If he doesn't help us out of the 1st round he will probably leave, and if that's the case, I'm good with it.

When Gasol gets back, we should start him at center along with Hill at PF, and bring Howard off the bench. A lot of fans were saying we should bring Pau off the bench, and to me it's the other way around. We need to have our starter also be able to close.

Edited by lakerfandude, December 12, 2012 - 08:08 PM.

#22 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,245 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 08:13 PM

lol howard off the bench. can we ban people just for stupidity
Posted Image

#23 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 12, 2012 - 08:21 PM

i have to agree with you oddly @lakerfandude. he has massively underpreformed. sure you can say he's not fully healty, but bynum has never been fully healty. even last year bynum had a bigger impact when he got the ball in the post. you have to pray dwight hits when in the post. he was lazy, but still impacted the game as much if not more than dwight has for us. sorry to say, but until dwight proves otherwise, he has been a shell of his old self.

#24 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 08:22 PM

lol howard off the bench. can we ban people just for stupidity

Lol? Howard has never won anything and Pau has. People calling for him to come off the bench when the Lakers were struggling should be banned before someone wanting Howard to come off the bench.

#25 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 08:24 PM

didn't see howard off the bench tho, lol no. he's not a scrub by any means. he's just not been very impactful imo. definitely excepted more of him. he's been far from the dominant dwight Iused to love to watch in orlando.

#26 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,245 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 08:27 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 08:28 PM

i have to agree with you oddly @lakerfandude. he has massively underpreformed. sure you can say he's not fully healty, but bynum has never been fully healty. even last year bynum had a bigger impact when he got the ball in the post. you have to pray dwight hits when in the post. he was lazy, but still impacted the game as much if not more than dwight has for us. sorry to say, but until dwight proves otherwise, he has been a shell of his old self.

Thank you. It's funny when people get on Pau and want him traded or coming off the bench before they would utter a bad word about Howard.

#28 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts

dwight may be underpreforming, but pau has been underpreforming x10000000

Edited by Paris, December 12, 2012 - 08:29 PM.

#29 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,245 posts

didn't see howard off the bench tho, lol no. he's not a scrub by any means. he's just not been very impactful imo. definitely excepted more of him. he's been far from the dominant dwight Iused to love to watch in orlando.

so you allege you watched him in orlando, but he's not what you expected. those are two completely conflicting statements
Posted Image

#30 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 08:31 PM

i made the pau needs to be traded thread. not because i don't like him, but because he doesn't fit well with our system, players, and play style.

#31 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,245 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 08:33 PM

Thank you. It's funny when people get on Pau and want him traded or coming off the bench before they would utter a bad word about Howard.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 08:33 PM

dwight may be underpreforming, but pau has been underpreforming x10000000

I think it's more ludicrous for fans to want Pau to come off the bench rather than Howard, unless we are all happy with our 12th position in the West.

I actually only brought the thought of Howard coming off the bench because others were wanting Pau to do so.. How is that O.K. after we are all witnessing what we are all witnessing?

Edited by lakerfandude, December 12, 2012 - 08:35 PM.

#33 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 12, 2012 - 08:34 PM

Lol? Howard has never won anything and Pau has. People calling for him to come off the bench when the Lakers were struggling should be banned before someone wanting Howard to come off the bench.

Way to defend your stupidity with more stupidity.

#34 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,245 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 08:35 PM

I think it's more ludicrous for fans to want Pau to come off the bench rather than Howard, unless we are all happy with our 12th position in the West.

I actually only brought the thought of Howard coming off the bench because others were wanting Pau to do so.. How is that O.K. after what we are all witnessing what we are all witnessing?

pau gasol

12ppg 9rpg 1bpg 42% shooting

dwight howard

18ppg 12rpg 3bpg 58% shooting
Posted Image

#35 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,245 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 08:36 PM

Way to defend your stupidity with more stupidity.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#36 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 08:37 PM

how? everybody and their mother(who watched dwight in orlando) w/o being biased can tell he isn't that dwight right now. if he can get back to that form remains to be seen. i excepted the " i lead a team like orlando to the finals, imagine what i can do with kobe/pau/nash on my team" dwight, nothing more, nothing less.

#37 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,245 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 08:39 PM

how? everybody and their mother(who watched dwight in orlando) w/o being biased can tell he isn't that dwight right now. if he can get back to that form remains to be seen. i excepted the " i lead a team like orlando to the finals, imagine what i can do with kobe/pau/nash on my team" dwight, nothing more, nothing less.

so i repeat. you say you watched dwight in orlando, then the guy you sees doesn't match what you see now. maybe it's time to examine that something is wrong.

maybe worse spacing by a longshot, hasn't been even close to healthy until recently, may i repeat horrible spacing. and with pau and nash out worse teammates
Posted Image

#38 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 08:47 PM

just being objective here. i don't think bynum was 100% last year even tho he played. came off several knee procedures, had arguably the WORST 3 point shooting team on the perimeter and still impacted the offensive sid of the ball and was more dominating then howard has been for us.

#39 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted December 12, 2012 - 08:53 PM

Howard has been lackluster and he knows it. Give him the year to get himself back together. At this point, all I am hoping for is the team to come together, make a strong push into the playoffs and then use the off season to really get on championship level. Next year could be the last for Kobe and if it is, that is the year that I want people to remember. At this point, [expletive] this year.

#40 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,245 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 09:02 PM

just being objective here. i don't think bynum was 100% last year even tho he played. came off several knee procedures, had arguably the WORST 3 point shooting team on the perimeter and still impacted the offensive sid of the ball and was more dominating then howard has been for us.

prove he was more dominating considering howard is averaging better numbers and hasn't been healthy
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users