Photo

Kobe Bryant interview with Stephen A. Smith (re: struggles this season)

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 KobeBeef24

KobeBeef24

O' Canada!

• 1,251 posts
  • Fan Since:2007
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, MWP, Swaggy P, LO, Pau

Posted December 12, 2012 - 10:20 AM

Part 1: http://espn.go.com/l...clip?id=8739627
Part 2: http://espn.go.com/l...clip?id=8739761
Part 3: http://espn.go.com/l...clip?id=8739742
Part 4: http://espn.go.com/l...clip?id=8739883

#2 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted December 12, 2012 - 10:54 AM

Thanks for posting. Great interview.
htCCl0m.png

#3 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 12, 2012 - 11:15 AM

Kobe looks really tired.
Laker fan for life.

#4 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,118 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 11:18 AM

I love listening to Kobe. The guy has absolute awareness on all things, call it experience or whatnot you gotta show respect. The only reason I trust and I believe that they will figure out this thing is Kobe. We fans have become sick of Pau, and want him out of here for shooters but for all the provocative things Kobe said about Pau, he still wants him here. He still thinks he is the key to whole this thing. Maybe we'll come to see that at some point but seeing that he has faith in Pau, how can anybody think Kobe doesn't know about leadership or he's selfis?. He thinks about this team more than anyone in the world. Again, maybe he's wrong. Maybe this is self denial for him but listening to him saying those things is like gathering around an old timer talking about his past experiences, telling stories and whatnot. You just believe him, and it affects you. It's the same with Kobe. I don't know if anyone else shares my view on it. The day he retires, I don't know how I'll feel. Lakers won't be same for me after he's gone.

#5 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,183 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 12, 2012 - 11:56 AM

I love listening to Kobe. The guy has absolute awareness on all things, call it experience or whatnot you gotta show respect. The only reason I trust and I believe that they will figure out this thing is Kobe. We fans have become sick of Pau, and want him out of here for shooters but for all the provocative things Kobe said about Pau, he still wants him here. He still thinks he is the key to whole this thing. Maybe we'll come to see that at some point but seeing that he has faith in Pau, how can anybody think Kobe doesn't know about leadership or he's selfis?. He thinks about this team more than anyone in the world. Again, maybe he's wrong. Maybe this is self denial for him but listening to him saying those things is like gathering around an old timer talking about his past experiences, telling stories and whatnot. You just believe him, and it affects you. It's the same with Kobe. I don't know if anyone else shares my view on it. The day he retires, I don't know how I'll feel. Lakers won't be same for me after he's gone.

if the Lakers got someone like Josh Smith, Kobe would get over it the moment we started winning. Kobe probably has faith in Gasol, and has even admitted that Gasol is like a brother. He probably knows that Gasol still has the ability but just isn't utilizing it. He showed the same faith that Gasol would "get it" and come back to his form that won championship for two years in a row, and each of those two years Kobe has stuck his neck out to protect Gasol and Gasol let him and the team down.

Eventually Kobe is going to realize that Gasol's heart in Los Angeles has more to do with the children he helps rather than basketball anymore. But I'm glad Kobe is trying to remain loyal... but if and when Nash comes back, Gasol will have 5 good games, and then go back to normal.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#6 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,683 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 12, 2012 - 12:53 PM

if the Lakers got someone like Josh Smith, Kobe would get over it the moment we started winning. Kobe probably has faith in Gasol, and has even admitted that Gasol is like a brother. He probably knows that Gasol still has the ability but just isn't utilizing it. He showed the same faith that Gasol would "get it" and come back to his form that won championship for two years in a row, and each of those two years Kobe has stuck his neck out to protect Gasol and Gasol let him and the team down.

Eventually Kobe is going to realize that Gasol's heart in Los Angeles has more to do with the children he helps rather than basketball anymore. But I'm glad Kobe is trying to remain loyal... but if and when Nash comes back, Gasol will have 5 good games, and then go back to normal.

Again and again, you put Kobe on a pedestal, but when he says something about Pau you say he is in denial. Is Magic Johnson also in denial?
Posted Image

#7 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,183 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 12, 2012 - 01:11 PM

Again and again, you put Kobe on a pedestal, but when he says something about Pau you say he is in denial. Is Magic Johnson also in denial?

Let me know when Gasol does anything of significance in the post. Because his lack of play when D'antoni puts him in the post along with his turnovers are why he has been getting benched lately.

Why do you think D'antoni was so pissed at him when he intentionally played him at the 5 and Gasol turned the ball over 3 times trying to overpass out of it rather than taking the initiative of the position he was complaining he wasn't get enough at.

Gasol: "I'm not getting my touches in the post."

*D'antoni plays Gasol at the post, Gasol is ineffective and gets swatted at every turn."

Gasol: "I won championships when I was the second option at center."

*D'antoni plays Gasol at the 5 with the bench so he could be the main option*
*Gasol turns the ball over 3 times overpassing it in single coverage*

Gasol: "I-"

D'antoni: "Shut up and get on the freaking bench Pau!"

True story :laughing:

Our coach has catered to Pau every time Gasol has complained and each time the team has seen no benefit of it and Gasol just kept complaining despite the fact it was HIM but he was refusing to take blame.

You'd be pissed too if you were in D'antoni's shoes.

It's like bringing a kid a chocolate ice cream cone and they scream "I want Vanilla!!" and then you bring them vanilla and they go "I want sprinkles!" and then you get them sprinkles and they go "I change my mind.. I want strawberry!" Eventually you get fed up and go "You know what kid..you want ice cream so bad? Get it yourself!" And then you walk away ice cream cone in hand and enjoying it.

It's up to Gasol to get his own ice cream now. It's been brought to him twice and he did nothing with it even when D'antoni put sprinkles on top. So it's time to get up from the table and either get his own freaking ice cream or let someone else sit in the seat.

Edited by Majesty, December 12, 2012 - 01:16 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#8 Listen2TheBeatt

Listen2TheBeatt

6th Man

• 691 posts
  • Name:Colin
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ariza

Posted December 12, 2012 - 01:14 PM

Its so true, hes so smart and well spoken, and he usually comes to sit down interviews in a pretty good mood, at least he was when I interviewed him. He enjoys doing these, or at least pretends like he does, and it makes them great to watch/listen to
Videographer for LakerNation.com & STNTV
Follow me on Twitter @Listen2TheBeatt

#9 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,118 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 02:03 PM

and what's the common point between the two? They both talk about how Pau appears on paper, just like every media member does. 7 footer, ability knock down shots, footwork, post game, passing, rebounding etc. etc. But how is it good for the team if he doesn't show the effort? Who cares if he's skilled? That's the main problem the fans have with Pau. Now stop jumping to defend him all the time a person judges him. He deserves what he gets.

#10 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,683 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 12, 2012 - 02:16 PM

and what's the common point between the two? They both talk about how Pau appears on paper, just like every media member does. 7 footer, ability knock down shots, footwork, post game, passing, rebounding etc. etc. But how is it good for the team if he doesn't show the effort? Who cares if he's skilled? That's the main problem the fans have with Pau. Now stop jumping to defend him all the time a person judges him. He deserves what he gets.

No one is going to stop doing nothing.
Posted Image

#11 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,136 posts
  • Fan Since:Lakers traded for Kobe

Posted December 12, 2012 - 02:18 PM

So Kobe thought he was going to be fine with Mike D'Antoni lol he thought thats past tense... just saying

Posted Image

#12 Air

Air

Most Valuable Player

• 94 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Lamar Odom

Posted December 12, 2012 - 03:09 PM

FULL INTERVIEW IN ONE LINK WITH BETTER SOUND
LINK (YOUTUBE'S VERSION)

#13 211275

Rookie

• 189 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 04:17 PM

Kobe looks really tired.

Pretty obvious hes sick. Looks and sounds like a cold.

#14 HQLLYWQQD

HQLLYWQQD

Rookie

• 400 posts
  • Name:Scott
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted December 12, 2012 - 04:23 PM

Enjoyed the interview, with the obvious exception being the subject matter.

Kobe is a beast. Either way it plays out I will miss his determination and will to win.

As to his responses, what do we expect him to say? DAntoni sucks? Our roster sucks? Gasol sucks?

Pretty much standard answers and not condemning anyone or anything.

#15 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,753 posts
  • Name:Drazard

Posted December 12, 2012 - 05:13 PM

FULL INTERVIEW IN ONE LINK WITH BETTER SOUND
LINK (YOUTUBE'S VERSION)

Thanks !

33bkfif.jpg

#16 RayRay