• 2,476 posts
  • Name:Maor
  • Fan Since:4 years old
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted December 12, 2012 - 10:59 AM

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=axo292e

This

jpg2mw.jpg

"Dante Exum will be an NBA All Star by the 2018 NBA Season" - Supermaor23 3/10/14

#142 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,588 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted December 12, 2012 - 11:02 AM

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=axo292e

This

Unrealistic. Hawks would never do that.

#143 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,693 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 11:02 AM

^ Pretty sure I just read recently that Josh Smith seems like he'd be more open to re-signing with the Hawks. They're doing well at the moment and can sign a big name next season.

#144 SuPeRmAoR

SuPeRmAoR

TLN's ballerist

• 2,476 posts
  • Name:Maor
  • Fan Since:4 years old
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted December 12, 2012 - 11:05 AM

I was under the impression Smith wanted out, guess he doesnt.

jpg2mw.jpg

"Dante Exum will be an NBA All Star by the 2018 NBA Season" - Supermaor23 3/10/14

#145 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,881 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 12, 2012 - 11:22 AM

There are handful of PGs in the league who are both good defenders AND true floor generals...and all of them are franchise players.

Forget about getting them for the vet's minimum...Barbosa was the closest thing to that which we could have had, realistically.

You crush Delonte West for being a bad floor general, and a two-guard in a PG's body...but then you say Barbosa's name?

Barbosa is a two-guard in a point guard's body, and he's a horrid defensive player. What has Barbosa brought to a team better than most sixth-man guards in years? Scoring. He comes in, drops 15, leaves. He doesn't facilitate, sure the hell doesn't defend (basically gambles on everything using his speed, which he has lost over the years)...and you're seriously putting Delonte in the gutter for what again?

:facepalm:

#146 MysticBlu~

MysticBlu~

Rookie

• 974 posts
  • Name:Jennie
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted December 12, 2012 - 12:00 PM

Just get West!

#147 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,422 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 12, 2012 - 12:39 PM

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

People still on this Barbosa PG thing?! Wow.

#148 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,435 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted December 12, 2012 - 01:03 PM

Damn thought he would be signed by now being that last game was so bad

#149 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,898 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 12, 2012 - 01:08 PM

Well the Lakers were interested in Delonte for a while. This off-season especially but he decided to resign with the Mavs. He probably has a change of heart now.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#150 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted December 12, 2012 - 01:12 PM

It's a band aid. The Lakers are so awful though, that it might make a significant impact. Out of Delonte or Pargo, the Lakers should get Delonte. He has a better skill set, even if his personality is a risk. You have to wonder about that because Mavs cut him because of it, and their PG position got so bad afterward that they signed Derek Fisher.

It's deeply disturbing that the Lakers aren't thinking big time change though. That's really what this team needs. They have to know by now that even a 100% Nash isn't going to help this team enough. And, the Lakers might not even have that all season.

Posted Image

#151 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,898 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 01:20 PM

It's a band aid. The Lakers are so awful though, that it might make a significant impact. Out of Delonte or Pargo, the Lakers should get Delonte. He has a better skill set, even if his personality is a risk. You have to wonder about that because Mavs cut him because of it, and their PG position got so bad afterward that they signed Derek Fisher.

It's deeply disturbing that the Lakers aren't thinking big time change though. That's really what this team needs. They have to know by now that even a 100% Nash isn't going to help this team enough. And, the Lakers might not even have that all season.

Nash eliminates turnovers

Delonte eliminates offensively challenged point guards that aren't aggressive when they have plays given to them by Kobe as well as a few turnover problems caused by overpassing due to not being offensively aggressive despite shooting ability(Duhon). Or being offensively aggressive and either being too out of control or not being able to finish(Morris).

Also Delonte is a better defender than both of them, so that's a plus as well.

#152 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 01:25 PM

Nash eliminates turnovers

Delonte eliminates offensively challenged point guards that aren't aggressive when they have plays given to them by Kobe as well as a few turnover problems caused by overpassing due to not being offensively aggressive despite shooting ability(Duhon). Or being offensively aggressive and either being too out of control or not being able to finish(Morris).

Also Delonte is a better defender than both of them, so that's a plus as well.

Those aren't the only problems the Lakers have.

Like I said though, the Lakers are so awful that it might actually make a big impact. Maybe it can at least get them close to being a playoff team again.

Posted Image

#153 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,646 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted December 12, 2012 - 01:26 PM

Delonte West is better than half the players we have under contract.

...Why is this taking so long?
iyjywo.jpg

#154 leebo508

leebo508

Rookie

• 47 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 12, 2012 - 01:35 PM

That's all the Lakers need, a PG that can defend. They have enough players that can score, with Kobe, Dwight, etc. They need to stop players like Chris Paul, Tony Parker, Russell Westbrook. Quick PGs that can break up our defense, forcing switches and pick and roll us to death. Delonte West is your best bet.
We tested. We battle tested. We battle tested baby! We know what we gotta do.

#155 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,309 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted December 12, 2012 - 01:38 PM

Welp. Mike Bibby is available also. idk if he he's still good tho

#156 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,898 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 01:39 PM

Those aren't the only problems the Lakers have.

Like I said though, the Lakers are so awful that it might actually make a big impact. Maybe it can at least get them close to being a playoff team again.

No, but those problems have been the most costly in terms of every close loss.

If we looked at every close loss we've had if you eliminate even 5 of our turnovers we win the game and I'd rather we start ironing out the other issues on the team while not having the turnover issue. Because we could fix all other problems but the turnovers will forever cost us games. So I think that's the biggest issue to tackle and then we can iron out everything else as the season progresses.

Delonte's defense at the 1 is a good addition to put in while Nash(when he comes back) is on the bench.

Edited by Majesty, December 12, 2012 - 01:40 PM.

#157 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,764 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 12, 2012 - 01:40 PM

Delonte is a good backup...problem is we are looking for someone to take over STARTING duties for the vet's min?...good luck with that...

And Delonte is not a PG, no matter what people may want to say. I don't care about his stats or his highlight videos. He's a scoring guard who has yet to successfully run an offense as a starter at the college level (Jameer was their point at St. Joe's) or the NBA (hence the unemployed state of being).

Can he help us? Yes.
Will he run this offense? Not a chance in heck.

West is not a point guard type?

PEOPLE CHANGE

33bkfif.jpg

#158 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 01:45 PM

No, but those problems have been the most costly in terms of every close loss.

If we looked at every close loss we've had if you eliminate even 5 of our turnovers we win the game and I'd rather we start ironing out the other issues on the team while not having the turnover issue. Because we could fix all other problems but the turnovers will forever cost us games. So I think that's the biggest issue to tackle and then we can iron out everything else as the season progresses.

Delonte's defense at the 1 is a good addition to put in while Nash(when he comes back) is on the bench.

I'm only gonna say this once since we've argued over this over and over again.

I agree turnovers are a big issue and the Lakers aren't going to win without cutting down turnovers. But, the Lakers won't win with their perimeter D. Wing players are having a field day against the Lakers, even in the half court. The Lakers need an athletic wing defender to replace Metta.

Posted Image

#159 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,309 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted December 12, 2012 - 01:49 PM

West is not a point guard type?

PEOPLE CHANGE

That doesn't make any sense

#160 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,898 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 01:56 PM

I'm only gonna say this once since we've argued over this over and over again.

I agree turnovers are a big issue and the Lakers aren't going to win without cutting down turnovers. But, the Lakers won't win with their perimeter D. Wing players are having a field day against the Lakers, even in the half court. The Lakers need an athletic wing defender to replace Metta.

And I'll say this once.

Take away 5 of our turnovers per game and our opponents rarely if ever score above the 80-90 points range,

We lose on an average of 5 points a game because we're a top ranked defensive and offensive team but the PROBLEM is that the turnovers cost us. Our halfcourt defense isn't what's costing us games.

This is the point I'm trying to make with you.

You talk about the importance of wing defenders and defense in the halfcourt but the fact of the matter is we were one of FOUR teams in the NBA that were top 10 offense and defense and we had a sub 500 record because of our turnovers.

So all the issues you complain about mean diddily squat if fixed if our turnover problem still remains.

That's why it's more important than the things you complain about currently and is what will net us the most victories this season over the things you want fixed. That is my point.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users