#121 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,686 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 12, 2012 - 04:43 AM

The Los Angeles Lakers are considering adding a point guard, according to a source.
Steve Nash and Steve Blake remain out, leaving Chris Duhon and Darius Morris to handle point guard duties.
Nash's return date remains uncertain.

Via Ramona Shelburne/ESPN

http://basketball.re..._Of_Point_Guard

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#122 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,320 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted December 12, 2012 - 04:52 AM

Get West!

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#123 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,369 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted December 12, 2012 - 05:05 AM

Does anyone have a stat that indicates what percentage of our turnovers are PG driven??

#124 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted December 12, 2012 - 05:11 AM

If Delonte West is the answer, we are in deeper ISH than I thought. But I agree with your 2 and 3. Thats what happens with poor draft positions and having a bad scouting staff

delones apart of the answer. once nash is back , delonte will help carry the 2nd unit, and i think he gives the 2nd unit what it lacks, a wing who can create.. and even with nash out, delonte can create,still. the answer to me, since the first preseason game where dwight played, was we need dwight 100% , we need the most dominant player in basketball, hes coming,, 19 and 12 on avg aint it tho, 22 and 16 is,,ill wait as patiently as possible...

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#125 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,686 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 12, 2012 - 05:20 AM

Sources: Lakers interested in Delonte West and Jose Calderon

Posted by Lakerholicz on December 11, 2012 in Featured, Lakers Rumors No comments
The Lakers’ season isn’t exactly going to plan right now. They came into the season with high expectations – sure, we thought they’re struggle a little while they get used to playing with each other…but a 9-13 record? I don’t think anybody saw that coming. Posted Image
However. nobody saw Steve Nash’s injury coming either. Nash fractured his leg in just the second game of the season; as we told you yesterday, he apparently healed well, but a nerve problem is holding him out and there is no real timetable for his return, though it will hopefully be before the end of the month.
The Lakers are growing restless, though. Every game they drop to a lesser team is putting pressure on management to make a move. Before doing anything too big or crazy, it seems they may go after a starting caliber point guard to fill the void in Nash’s absence, and the guy at the top of the list is Delonte West, according to Mark Stein:

Posted Image Marc Stein

@ESPNSteinLine

No firm decisions made yet but Lakers, I'm told, ARE weighing pros and cons of creating roster spot to sign Delonte West to ease PG crisis
11 Dec 12

While I was against the Lakers bringing on West earlier in the season, I would welcome such a move right now. The Lakers are at rock bottom or close. They need a spark to keep them going until Nash and Gasol return at full health. Delonte might just be able to help there, with his outside shooting and defensive abilities.
Stein also notes that the Lakers are still very much interested in acquiring Jose Calderon from Toronto, but the Raptors are holding out for a bigger deal to come along:

Posted Image Marc Stein

@ESPNSteinLine

Lakers' top PG trade target, of course, has long been Pau's pal Jose Calderon. But Raps, to this point, want to attach Jose to a bigger deal
11 Dec 12

Calderon apparently wants out of Toronto and demanded a trade, so the stars could be lining up for a move to Los Angeles.
However, it was rumored by ESPN last week that the Raptors offered Calderon, Andrea Bargnani and Linas Kleiza for Gasol, so you’d imagine Toronto would counter with this offer if the Lakers tried to pry Jose away from them.
I don’t think the Lakers would want to part with Pau just yet, as they still want to hold on until both he and Nash are healthy and have had some time playing together on the floor.
That’s why a smaller move for a guy like West would make sense. However, to sign Delonte, the Lakers would have to either cut or trade a player from their roster as they’re currently at the league maximum of 15.
Players who are probably vulnerable to being cut are Darius Johnson-Odom and Earl Clark. Cutting Johnson-Odom would be the cheapest option, although he has been playing well in the D-League and is still young. If the Lakers cut Clark, they’ll still have to pay him his owed salary – that obviously didn’t stop them sending Mike Brown on his way with over $10 million in his pocket, though.
We’ll see what happens. But, one thing’s for sure, the Lakers won’t just sit back and watch the ship sink. They’ll make moves of some sort to help bail out the water and get the team floating back up the standings.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#126 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,776 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 12, 2012 - 05:26 AM

If Delonte is so good; why does he not have a Job?? Is it the economy???? :laughing:

Delonte is a good backup...problem is we are looking for someone to take over STARTING duties for the vet's min?...good luck with that...

And Delonte is not a PG, no matter what people may want to say. I don't care about his stats or his highlight videos. He's a scoring guard who has yet to successfully run an offense as a starter at the college level (Jameer was their point at St. Joe's) or the NBA (hence the unemployed state of being).

Can he help us? Yes.
Will he run this offense? Not a chance in heck.

#127 avcpl

avcpl

Rookie

• 782 posts
  • Fan Since:since my dad took me to see "Wilt the Stilt" at the Forum
  • Fav. Laker:whoever wins the next game

Posted December 12, 2012 - 06:10 AM

Delonte is a good backup...problem is we are looking for someone to take over STARTING duties for the vet's min?...good luck with that...

And Delonte is not a PG, no matter what people may want to say. I don't care about his stats or his highlight videos. He's a scoring guard who has yet to successfully run an offense as a starter at the college level (Jameer was their point at St. Joe's) or the NBA (hence the unemployed state of being).

Can he help us? Yes.
Will he run this offense? Not a chance in heck.

that doesn't matter, D'Antoni will simply adjust the offense to match Delonte's style of play! :)

#128 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,776 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 12, 2012 - 06:13 AM

that doesn't matter, D'Antoni will simply adjust the offense to match Delonte's style of play! :)

LOL...jokes.

#129 avcpl

avcpl

Rookie

• 782 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 06:32 AM

LOL...jokes.

sorry, just trying to keep from falling into deep depression. :/

#130 TheOriginalCZM

TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Brian Scalabrine

Posted December 12, 2012 - 06:46 AM

this is hilarious.....by the time Nash gets back and is in playing form, the Lakers will be out of contention to even make the playoffs lol.

#131 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,319 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted December 12, 2012 - 08:17 AM

west would be a psycho but he can shoot!!!

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#132 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,089 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted December 12, 2012 - 08:24 AM

West is preferably the best option,

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#133 avcpl

avcpl

Rookie

• 782 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 08:46 AM

West is crazy enough not to give a damn whether Kobe wants the ball or not. I say get 'em; what the hell.

#134 stillshining

stillshining

Rookie

• 343 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted December 12, 2012 - 09:47 AM

If the Lakers thought Ron-Ron was a headcase, they haven't heard about Delonte. I'm just not sure how we thrust a mentally challenged player into this kind of situation and pressure and somehow expect him to hold court until Nash comes. At the end of the day the Lakers have shown they'll take on any kind of risk so I wouldn't push it past them

#135 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,189 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted December 12, 2012 - 09:58 AM

West also just isn't a point guard. Someone might want to mention that small disclaimer.

#136 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,113 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 10:05 AM

Bring Gilbert Arenas :shifty:

#137 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,686 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 12, 2012 - 10:07 AM

Bring Gilbert Arenas :shifty:

He's playing in China with T-Mac I believe.

#138 kobe8

kobe8

Rookie

• 166 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 10:12 AM

Marc Stein's about to come up on 710. Don't know if he has anything new though.

Posted Image

#139 kobe8

kobe8

Rookie

• 166 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 10:36 AM

Stein thinks someone will be brought in this week (unless they completely go away from an addition).

Posted Image

#140 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,100 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 10:56 AM

There are handful of PGs in the league who are both good defenders AND true floor generals...and all of them are franchise players.

Forget about getting them for the vet's minimum...Barbosa was the closest thing to that which we could have had, realistically.

Delonte is NOT a POINT GUARD. Never has been nor will he ever become. He's a scoring guard, lead guard at best. He's a 2 in a 1's body. He would have made a heck of a Triangle PG but in this system, he's no better than Blake...and Duhon will run this offense better.

Is he an upgrade defensively? Yes.
Offensively? No. He can create his own shot...not much more than that.

You start with delonte is not a facilitating pg who also plays defense

Then you suggest Barbosa as the closest thing to a facilitating pg who plays defense as well

Huh? Barbosa has always had tunnel vision and played no defense. Don't know which Barbosa you've watched
Posted Image

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users