317 replies to this topic

#301 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,030 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted December 17, 2012 - 07:58 PM

There not stupid there in a bind. Remeber if we get delonte they have to get rid of one of the pg's most likely. Thats gonna cost about 1 mill min then they will have to pay delonte another 1+ mill.

Next delonte was cut for a reason. His mental problem may be worst than we know. Last thing this team needs is locker room problems with him getting mad at coaches and players.

Also trading pau would be nice but when the best offer was that raptor deal then why do it.

delonte would be happy getting 20 mins a game... and we should cut DJO(non garunteed),cuz we need to win now

#302 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,054 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 17, 2012 - 09:26 PM

There not stupid there in a bind. Remeber if we get delonte they have to get rid of one of the pg's most likely. Thats gonna cost about 1 mill min then they will have to pay delonte another 1+ mill.

Next delonte was cut for a reason. His mental problem may be worst than we know. Last thing this team needs is locker room problems with him getting mad at coaches and players.

Also trading pau would be nice but when the best offer was that raptor deal then why do it.

Delonte would probably be getting multiple 10 day contracts and if he doesn't cause drama by the time Blake gets back he'll probably be signed.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#303 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted December 18, 2012 - 03:50 AM

Why talk down to this?

Because the once mighty Lakers are now so desperate to get any kind of help the thinking is that Delonte West, a mental incompetent and a complete disaster off the court wherever he goes is now looked upon as a big help. The Lakers used to be above this kind of junk. now they're below it.

That's why I'm talking down about it.

Thank You!!! If Delonte was able to help a team when a championship, he'd be employed right now. He's probably busy asking that other Superstars MOM for a second chance

#304 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,350 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted December 18, 2012 - 12:27 PM

Ramona Shelburne@ramonashelburne

With Nash's return looking close and two wins at end of the trip, Lakers have taken a breath in terms of changing roster (backcourt)

Ramona Shelburne@ramonashelburne

Delonte West seems to have faded from Lakers immediate consideration. But obviously, Lakers are still weighing their options

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#305 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted December 18, 2012 - 12:29 PM

Ugh we should still sign him. When Nash gets back we need a quality backup for him.
htCCl0m.png

#306 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,736 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 18, 2012 - 01:43 PM

just waive djo and sign him. blake is terrible

• 40,603 posts

Posted December 18, 2012 - 03:07 PM

That's too bad. Delonte could seriously help us.

Edited by    , December 18, 2012 - 03:08 PM.

yo.

#308 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,030 posts

Posted December 18, 2012 - 04:27 PM

so disapointed about delonte,,,,i guess nothing can be that easy(a championship) ,,,(our bench will be our downfall)

#309 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,967 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted December 18, 2012 - 04:46 PM

They may be thinking duhon is doing well enough that they dont need him. Duhon is doing good shooting but thats about it. Delonte could have caused problems

#310 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,030 posts

Posted December 18, 2012 - 04:49 PM

duhon is doing well shooting the ball,very well. but, the 2nd unit needs someone who can create off the dribble, no unit in the nba should be without that element. and i think delonte would be happy with around 20 mins of playing time....

its still possible that we sign him tho, once our bench shows how bad they are, and the magnitute of their inabilities, the effect it has on this team..

Edited by GMTradePau4aBench, December 18, 2012 - 04:51 PM.

#311 NasWutangKB24

NasWutangKB24

KUSH

• 867 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 18, 2012 - 09:03 PM

From espn...

"The Lakers had been considering adding to their backcourt last week --considering, among others, free-agent guard Delonte West -- a source told ESPNLosAngeles.com. But after winning the past two games of their road trip and with Nash's return now imminent, they are more likely to wait a bit and see how the team performs with both Nash and Gasol back in the lineup before making any moves."

#312 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts

Posted December 18, 2012 - 10:15 PM

dammit, I want him here.

#313 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,274 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted December 18, 2012 - 10:21 PM

Lakers win a few games against bad teams, and all of s sudden we are set with our roster?

This lakers team is CHEAP!!!

#314 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,967 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted December 18, 2012 - 10:22 PM

Lakers win a few games against bad teams, and all of s sudden we are set with our roster?

This lakers team is CHEAP!!!

I think overly spent is the better word lol. 100+ mill payroll isnt really cheap

#315 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,030 posts

Posted December 19, 2012 - 06:17 AM

The Bulls signed the veteran guard to a deal that doesn't become fully guaranteed until Jan. 10. That means they can waive Robinson with no penalty any time before that date, an option that always has been under consideration internally. Teague's development, not to mention Derrick Rose's expected return, could make Robinson expendable. Chicago Tribune -HH

In theory, sure. In practice, I'm not so sure. I've yet to hear the scenario that makes this deal palatable for the Lakers. The Timberwolves want (Pau Gasol), but I'm not sure Derrick Williams is the answer to L.A.'s problems. Adding Nikola Pekovic would make it much more interesting, but it's just unclear how he and Dwight Howard would coexist on the same team. The Hawks aren't giving up Josh Smith for him. Could a Bucks deal of Ersan Ilyasova (who can't be traded until Jan. 15) and Beno Udrih get it done? ESPN.com

-HH

ive always thought that ilyasova and udrih was our best(realistic) potential deal... itd be a homerun if we could somehow get another wing tho,too. i already think its a great deal for us ,tho , we get a stretch 4 who can hit 3s for nash and dwight, and we get offense off the dribble for the 2nd unit - perfectttttt trade

but maybe,if hill still isnt getting any minutes by that time(jan 15 when ilysova and hill can be traded)
LAL get - udrih,ilyasova,barbosa

Bucks get - pau

Celtics get - Jordan hill ,,,the Cs have been shopping for a big,rumour has it theyre willing to give up Green and Bass for a big(dont think for Hill tho,,although hed surely help their rebounding woes)

starting unit - lots of 3 point shooters, great for nash and dwight
Nash
Meeks
kobe
Ilyasova - Nash's new channing frye, dwights new ryan anderson
Dwight

bench mob(that would rival the clippers)
udrih
barbosa
mwp/ebanks
jamison/mwp
Dwight/ilyasova

#316 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,865 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted December 19, 2012 - 06:20 AM

HELL NO! Ilysova and beno udrith wow [expletive] no! lol!!

add in 3 first draft picks and we can maybe talk

but udrith and ilysova for pau no!

#317 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,054 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 19, 2012 - 07:25 AM

I would take Nate Robinson before any of those guys.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#318 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted December 19, 2012 - 01:43 PM

I would take Nate Robinson before any of those guys.

Pretty sure D'Antoni would take any other point guard not named "Nate Robinson"

Edited by alec613, December 19, 2012 - 01:44 PM.

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users