fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,910 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 12, 2012 - 06:39 PM

Why talk down to this?

Because the once mighty Lakers are now so desperate to get any kind of help the thinking is that Delonte West, a mental incompetent and a complete disaster off the court wherever he goes is now looked upon as a big help. The Lakers used to be above this kind of junk. now they're below it.

That's why I'm talking down about it.

#203 muncher

muncher

Rookie

• 536 posts
  • Name:Simon
  • Fav. Laker:Gary Vitti

Posted December 12, 2012 - 06:42 PM

I'm expecting a lot from this guy I hope he exceed my expectation

We haven't signed anyone yet!

#204 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 12, 2012 - 06:52 PM

Why talk down to this?

Because the once mighty Lakers are now so desperate to get any kind of help the thinking is that Delonte West, a mental incompetent and a complete disaster off the court wherever he goes is now looked upon as a big help. The Lakers used to be above this kind of junk. now they're below it.

What do you expect from a FA signing in the middle of the season though? Most of the good names are signed in the offseason. Unless the Lakers decide to make a trade, there's absolutely nothing else the Lakers can do right now.

It's laughable that he's a savior, but he can certainly help the Lakers right now. The Lakers are terrible.

Posted Image

#205 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,925 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted December 12, 2012 - 06:54 PM

Why talk down to this?

Well, honestly, even if Nash wasn't hurt, I'd want Delonte over Duhon, Blake and Morris. This could be a blessing in disguise.

#206 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,737 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 12, 2012 - 07:21 PM

Any updates? We need him asap. don't know what the wait is.

#207 The Hound

The Hound

3rd Eye Vision

• 1,080 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, Ron Artest, Magic

Posted December 12, 2012 - 07:25 PM

Yea we should of got him earlier today so he can practice already with the team and be there for the Knicks game. If it even matters to FO....

Edited by The Hound, December 12, 2012 - 07:26 PM.

"Any man dies with a clean sword,  I'LL RAPE HIS [expletive]ING CORPSE!!!!!" - Sandor Clegane

#208 K-Kris

K-Kris

Laker Fan

• 672 posts
  • Name:Kris
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe / Randle

Posted December 12, 2012 - 07:27 PM

^we need to either trade away a player, or waive someone to make room. Sacre & DJO do not have guaranteed contracts, so I'd just cut DJO and sign Delonte soon because, like you said, we need him asap.

#209 The Hound

The Hound

3rd Eye Vision

• 1,080 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, Ron Artest, Magic

Posted December 12, 2012 - 07:36 PM

^we need to either trade away a player, or waive someone to make room. Sacre & DJO do not have guaranteed contracts, so I'd just cut DJO and sign Delonte soon because, like you said, we need him asap.

can we just waive Morris? Or Ebanks? Those guys are such dead weight to me.

"Any man dies with a clean sword,  I'LL RAPE HIS [expletive]ING CORPSE!!!!!" - Sandor Clegane

#210 K-Kris

K-Kris

Laker Fan

• 672 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 07:47 PM

I wish. We might be able to get rid of Ebanks in a trade, but idk who would want him. And morris.... :smug:

#211 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted December 12, 2012 - 08:07 PM

I don't think we have anyone besides Hill (who I don't think we'll trade) that any teams would be interested in.

Waiving DJO would work though. He's not playing any time soon.

#212 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,136 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 12, 2012 - 08:54 PM

Can't cut or trade Ebanks till the 15th which it seems the Lakers want to do. My guess is they are gonna try to trade away Ebanks for picks and then sign Delonte.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#213 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 5,010 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 09:00 PM

Just read on RealGM that Lakers also are considering Jannero Pargo. I almost threw up. Seriously, we have trouble with our PGs and they think Jannero Pargo is going to help?
Just checked Hollingers projection on Pargo from a year ago and a few things stood out: No court vision, Can't play point, can't match up defensively, middling 3-point shooter, a pretty marginal player.

Morris, Ebanks, DJO, Sacre, Duhon, Blake. All of them are expendable IMO and if we can trade one of them - anyone - to a back-up PG, who can actually play basketball, we should pull the trigger. It wouldn't hurt to get a back-up 3 as well.

Delonte West is a good option as a FA.
Trading for someone may be a bit more difficult, but perhaps a deal could be made for an expiring deal.
Billups, Mo Williams, Calderon, Jarrett Jack, Devin Harris and Beno Udrih are all on expiring deals and all would be nice.

Edited by DanishLakerFan, December 12, 2012 - 10:30 PM.

#214 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

I do the walk of life.

• 1,909 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted December 13, 2012 - 01:44 PM

Any updates?
Impossible is nothing.

#215 Thanatos

Thanatos

Rookie

• 1,249 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted December 13, 2012 - 02:22 PM

Any updates?

The Lakers are now looking at Mike Penberthy.
Posted Image

#216 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,371 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted December 13, 2012 - 03:03 PM

we dont need a PG! we need combo guard that is 6'5 or taller that can handle, shoot, finish in paint, & create his own shot at any time. We also need a real 3 that is a spot up shooter. Jamison & MWP are killing this team for the starters. We are better off starting Hill & Ebanks cuz these defecits we create for ourselves are losing gms in 1st halfs.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#217 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,030 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted December 13, 2012 - 03:06 PM

we dont need a PG! we need combo guard that is 6'5 or taller that can handle, shoot, finish in paint, & create his own shot at any time. We also need a real 3 that is a spot up shooter. Jamison & MWP are killing this team for the starters. We are better off starting Hill & Ebanks cuz these defecits we create for ourselves are losing gms in 1st halfs.

6'5 combo gaurd? those are rare as HELL. and we cant be picky! delonte is a 6'3 combo guard,a DAMN good one. take it or leave it

#218 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,371 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted December 13, 2012 - 03:07 PM

^^Delonte is fine I said him b4 the summer ended. If you go smaller than 6'3 he better be an exceptional athlete.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#219 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,136 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 13, 2012 - 03:12 PM

It's down to Delonte or House

Posted Image
Lakers to Sign Eddie House or Delonte West?

By Alex Groberman, Thu, December 13, 2012
Steve Nash is two weeks away from returning to the Los Angeles Lakers. That’s the most recent word on his status from team officials. Of course, he was also two weeks away from returning on Oct. 30, when he initially sustained the broken fibula that has kept him out of action ever since.
The Lakers’ prognosis of their point guard’s condition means very little at this point. Until Nash is actually out there, any suggestion that his return is “imminent” should be taken with a grain of salt. And as if there wasn’t enough evidence out there already to indicate that the Lakers are struggling at point guard, new reports surfaced recently that they are looking to bring in either Delonte West or Eddie House to help out at the position.
Via ESPN:
A source told ESPNLosAngeles.com that the Lakers' options at this point are somewhat limited, but they'll likely consider free agents such as Delonte West, who was cut by the Dallas Mavericks in October, and Eddie House, as well as a trade.
West, 29, averaged 9.6 points and 3.2 assists in 24 minutes per game with the Dallas Mavericks last year. He was released by the Mavericksat the end of this past October after he got into a locker room confrontation and then proceeded to rant about it on Twitter.
House, 34, was waived by the Miami Heat last December. In his final season with the team he averaged 6.5 points (on 40 percent shooting) and 1.1 assists in 17.5 minutes per game.

Edited by Majesty, December 13, 2012 - 03:12 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#220 K-Kris

K-Kris

Laker Fan

• 672 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 03:37 PM

House? No thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users