#182 KjaX24

KjaX24

KjaX24

• 305 posts
  • Name:keith jackson
  • Fan Since:a wee little lad
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 12, 2012 - 03:04 PM

I wouldn't blame them, how long do we have to wait for Ebanks to " develop ". Time to move on. :smug:

#183 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted December 12, 2012 - 03:05 PM

It won't turn them into a championship team.

But take away 3 turnovers from our team and our record only turns out 3 or 4 losses. And that is WITHOUT Nash or Gasol. Like I said you aren't factoring all those things in at all.

And sure break down how many points on average are scored off of turnovers when comparing those teams, I would love to know ;) Then factor that in by our loss margin and see how "little" they mean in terms of everything.

We know it isn't going to last with the Warriors, The Spurs have had to score 130 lately to win games and are deeper as their 3rd and 4th stringers can give Miami a run for their money... that's just something we don't have and it'd be silly to look for. And OKC has two players that can go off for 68 of their teams points. We don't have that either and all have their point guards in tact. Put the 3rd and 4th string point guards and make them the 1st and 2nd pg options on each of those teams and tell me their record. That means factor in the scoring and assists of those point guards in combination with their turnovers. And then compare it to ours because we have 3 to 4 people designated to bring the ball up the court.

I think you'll be quite surprised. I won't be.

The difference is those teams have athletes on defense. They still manage to rank higher in terms of defensive efficiency despite the turnovers. Those teams are better offensively too, but I think it's safer to assume that the Lakers' offense is more likely to improve by itself with the players who are missing and who the coach is. That's why I think it's essential that the Lakers improve defensively on the perimeter.

Like I said, cutting down on turnovers will help. I'm not dismissing that will help. Just don't expect the Lakers to look like a contender with their perimeter defense.

Posted Image

#184 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,020 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted December 12, 2012 - 03:12 PM

Yep not just that but Nash also gets us better shots. So those "more possessions" less are empty, and also allow us to get back on defense in a much better way.

So yeah we get more posessions but we also get more posessions where we get good shots, and getting good shots means less forced opportunities which won't allow other teams to get out on the break against us so often. So yeah we get more possessions but we also get to set up our half court defense more often. Which means a lot more than people give it credit for.

more possessions, better O, better D,,,we will be great,the only thing that scares me is our 2nd unit.. which doesnt scare me half as much with delonte,truth be told

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#185 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,175 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 12, 2012 - 03:19 PM

The difference is those teams have athletes on defense. They still manage to rank higher in terms of defensive efficiency despite the turnovers. Those teams are better offensively too, but I think it's safer to assume that the Lakers' offense is more likely to improve by itself with the players who are missing and who the coach is. That's why I think it's essential that the Lakers improve defensively on the perimeter.

Like I said, cutting down on turnovers will help. I'm not dismissing that will help. Just don't expect the Lakers to look like a contender with their perimeter defense.

Let me show you another little statistic, our starting and bench pg positions. Without Nash and Blake

PPG: 5.9 Last in the NBA
FG Pct: 38.7 27th in the NBA
APG: 3.7 29th in the NBA

wow....

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#186 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,020 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 03:29 PM

100% dwight really helps our D ,man.... and crazy enough to say,so does 100% pau,,, a big body who can board when dwight is attempting to block/change shots. also, id stick delonte on our toughest PG matchups,,hes our best shot

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#187 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 03:34 PM

Let me show you another little statistic, our starting and bench pg positions. Without Nash and Blake

PPG: 5.9 Last in the NBA
FG Pct: 38.7 27th in the NBA
APG: 3.7 29th in the NBA

wow....

Yeah, which is why I don't think anybody is saying that this move is wrong. Delonte West is a huge upgrade over 3 of the Lakers' PGs, and he can also play some SG if needed.

I just think the Lakers need to go further in trying to upgrade the roster.

Posted Image

#188 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,175 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 04:01 PM

Reasons why Lakers are looking at Delonte above all else

The combo guard is a proven shooter. Sure, he's averaged double-figure point totals just three times in eight seasons, but he's also shot less than 35.5 percent from beyond arc just once.

West's shooting, though, is not all that makes him valuable to a surprisingly submissive Lakers team. With Nash and Blake on the sidelines, Morris still being raw and Duhon being the embodiment of ambiguity, Los Angeles is in dire need of an additional playmaker.

While West is averaging just 4.7 assists per 36 minutes for his career, he's an efficient ball-handler who is more than capable of capitalizing off drive-and-kicks. He's never averaged more than two turnovers per game in his career, and he's a much better ball-handler than most people realize.

Only last season he posted a 14.8 PER per 48 minutes when running the point, a mark that far exceeds what Los Angeles' current backups are averaging at this point.

Most of what West does on the defensive side of the ball isn't reflected in the box score. He doesn't grab a jaw-dropping number of steals (1.1 per game for his career) nor does he block shots or rebound more than most guards can.
However, West does remain one of the most suffocating defenders in the league. He's extremely quick which allows him to defend off the dribble, he keeps opposing wings out of the paint and superior anticipation allows him to defend three different positions.

Opposing offenses score less when he's on the floor.

geez I didn't even know all of that. Awesome awesome stuff. Lakers got their eyes on the right guy for the job.

Edited by Majesty, December 12, 2012 - 04:02 PM.

#189 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 04:10 PM

Is Meeks ok at PG? I don't recall enough of it to judge.

If so, the Lakers can just push Duhon and Morris out of the rotation completely and go with West and Meeks at PG.

Edited by Japago, December 12, 2012 - 04:12 PM.

Posted Image

#190 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,020 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 04:14 PM

Is Meeks ok at PG? I don't recall enough of it to judge.

If so, the Lakers can just push Duhon and Morris out of the rotation completely and go with West and Meeks at PG.

no,meeks isnt in control when dribbling, the defender dictates too much when hes dribbling, seconds will be wasted off the clock by him trying to shed his defender,and he'll pick up his dribble to early.. the motto with meeks is, dont dribble, just shoot

#191 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 04:19 PM

no,meeks isnt in control when dribbling, the defender dictates too much when hes dribbling, seconds will be wasted off the clock by him trying to shed his defender,and he'll pick up his dribble to early.. the motto with meeks is, dont dribble, just shoot

Yeah, I think that too based on the what I've seen of it. Kobe does tend to take even more of the ball-handling duties than usual when they've had Meeks in at PG, but that can be bad when he has the big turnover games.

Posted Image

#192 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,175 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 04:43 PM

Yeah, I think that too based on the what I've seen of it. Kobe does tend to take even more of the ball-handling duties than usual when they've had Meeks in at PG, but that can be bad when he has the big turnover games.

yeah I mean Meeks CAN get to the basket but watching him do it you're kind of cringing.

HOWEVER I have noticed that he's done a better job at protecting the ball when he drives for the last few games.

But I don't want him in that role. But Delonte at the 1 and Meeks at the 2 is trouble already for other teams.

#193 The Hound

The Hound

3rd Eye Vision

• 1,063 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, Ron Artest, Magic

Posted December 12, 2012 - 04:44 PM

Please sign Mr. KFC rapper, we really need this nut. Were gonna have the new bash brothers with him and Ron.

"Any man dies with a clean sword,  I'LL RAPE HIS [expletive]ING CORPSE!!!!!" - Sandor Clegane

#194 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,887 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 12, 2012 - 04:48 PM

How far the mighty have fallen when Delonte West is some kind of savior or help.

Damn.

#195 muncher

muncher

Rookie

• 531 posts
  • Name:Simon
  • Fav. Laker:Gary Vitti

Posted December 12, 2012 - 04:53 PM

Another name has surfaced in Lakers' search for PG help: I'm told they're also looking at Jannero Pargo after Pargo started season w/Wiz - Marc Stein

#196 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,887 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 12, 2012 - 04:55 PM

Woohoo, Pargo and West, what a treat for us fans and for the team.

:eh:

#197 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,876 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 12, 2012 - 05:01 PM

The combo guard is a proven shooter. Sure, he's averaged double-figure point totals just three times in eight seasons, but he's also shot less than 35.5 percent from beyond arc just once.

West's shooting, though, is not all that makes him valuable to a surprisingly submissive Lakers team. With Nash and Blake on the sidelines, Morris still being raw and Duhon being the embodiment of ambiguity, Los Angeles is in dire need of an additional playmaker.

While West is averaging just 4.7 assists per 36 minutes for his career, he's an efficient ball-handler who is more than capable of capitalizing off drive-and-kicks. He's never averaged more than two turnovers per game in his career, and he's a much better ball-handler than most people realize.

Only last season he posted a 14.8 PER per 48 minutes when running the point, a mark that far exceeds what Los Angeles' current backups are averaging at this point.

Most of what West does on the defensive side of the ball isn't reflected in the box score. He doesn't grab a jaw-dropping number of steals (1.1 per game for his career) nor does he block shots or rebound more than most guards can.
However, West does remain one of the most suffocating defenders in the league. He's extremely quick which allows him to defend off the dribble, he keeps opposing wings out of the paint and superior anticipation allows him to defend three different positions.

Opposing offenses score less when he's on the floor.

This one kills me now I want him here FAK YEAH !!

33bkfif.jpg

#198 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,175 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 05:01 PM

How far the mighty have fallen when Delonte West is some kind of savior or help.

Damn.

Would you rather stay with Duhon and Morris as our 1 and 2 options till Blake comes back in mid January and till whenever Nash comes back?

Delonte isn't a "savior" he's a better option that's realistically attainable for a position we're significantly dented in with our first and second options on the shelf.

Why talk down about this idea? seriously

#199 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,348 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 05:23 PM

Damn.

well to be fair, if not for his mental issues (which are obviously an issue) he'd be considered an elite backup PG. he's a rare two-way player who can defend 2 positions, shoot, and handle the ball

those guys aren't really in abundance. now the mental issues are where he lands himself without a job, but it's not talent. this guy has everything but playmaking ability and on top of that he's a proven playoff performer.

thats how bad his mental issues are lol
Posted Image

#200 avcpl

avcpl

Rookie

• 803 posts
  • Fan Since:since my dad took me to see "Wilt the Stilt" at the Forum
  • Fav. Laker:whoever wins the next game

Posted December 12, 2012 - 05:47 PM

Reasons why Lakers are looking at Delonte above all else

Hey is anybody following him on twitter or facebook or whatever teh hell you kids do these days? (myspace? lol)

I'm curious if he'll be posting any updates about discussions/workouts/meetings...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users