100 replies to this topic

#81 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 13, 2012 - 03:58 PM

I'm probably going to get banned but I'm at the point where I don't really care. This conversation should not be had between intelligent fans because it's stupid and it makes no sense. I have not said one thing that was defamatory or inaccurate but because it's KOBE, we have to do this dance.

You know entirely too much about basketball to be so stubborn about something so obvious.

The rest of your post points to Kobe being a good scorer and the best facilitator for the championship years yet this post claims that's not possible because his 2nd option can't make free throws?

Ever heard of Shaq? Hack-A-Shaq?

No legitimate threats at 1, 3 or 4? Our first 3 Ch'ips with Phil had a GREAT supporting cast, right?

SMH

Scottie Pippen was the primary scorer for an entire season after being the primary FACILITATOR every previous season...THEN, he had to revert back to facilitator status when MJ returned...thanks.

My point is Kobe doesn't have to become the 2nd option...that's YOUR definition. I'm asking that Kobe, MAKING ~$30M/y, adjust his game and get his teammates involved, as required by the Mike D'Antoni offense.

But for you, that doesn't matter. Why not just let Kobe F-ing shoot every time? Why even have a COACH? Or an OFFENSE?

And he's CLEARLY not running it.
And by your own admission, Kobe CAN run it.
But also, according to you, he shouldn't HAVE to.

I'm only seeing KOBE benefit from that...not his teammates or his team.

Michael was 39...

Seriously? That's your argument?

And he had been retired for how long?

AND, you keep ignoring Pippen. If MJ HAD to pass the ball to win, maybe he WOULDN'T have won as much OR he would have adjusted his game. You can't keep comparing MJ and Kobe without admitting it's apples and oranges WITHOUT discussing PIPPEN.

WE HAVE AN OFFENSE, BRANDON!!!

Spoelstra was in over his head until he took the reigns and gave everyone a role and a purpose...but even then, you ignore the fact that Lebron had WADE, who also averaged an above average APG, though not being a PG...sounds familiar?

"Pippen"?

You just INTENTIONALLY ignore this fact, right? No. I believe you just look at it from one POV because you don't want to believe that Kobe ISN'T doing "what's best for the team"...shocking and life-changing, right? I know!

And who was the PG on those teams?

Exactly.

Saying Kobe was the best playmaker on a team where the PG was a glorified SG is NOT an accomplishment.

And if that's wrong, LIST Kobe's starting backcourt mate and their career APG...it's not like he had competition.

Seriously weak, Brandon. You wouldn't present this type of argument without thinking it thru in a normal discussion.

Now, why should he do that now? We didn't need a real FLOOR GENERAL for the TRIANGLE OFFENSE!!!

This is NOT the TRIANGLE OFFENSE. THIS offense REQUIRES a TRADITIONAL PLAYMAKER. Kobe's the best we have outside of NASH...

It's common sense.

Comparing the Triangle to this offense and it's needs requirements?

SMH

Night and day. This offense REQUIRES playmaking and ball movement.

So why even play the games without Nash?

And if you KNOW what will happen, you must be ASSUMING Kobe will get shut down? Why would you do that? Kobe's one of the smartest basketball players in the league and you think he could not BOTH set his teammates up AND read the defense?

You can't keep listing his greatness at facilitating and claim he shouldn't do it.

Like we have a choice?!

And the other shoe finally drops. It's not Kobe as facilitator that's the problem. It's the OFFENSE itself that's the problem...

At this point, I'm tired of fighting this battle. All I'm going to say is it's not YOUR call. No one is really CONCERNED about YOUR opinion of the offense. It's not up for debate. It's here. It has to be run. If Kobe doesn't want to run it, being the default facilitator while Nash is out, that's about the same as mailing in the loss.

Facilitating is NOT an option.

And the turnovers are a fact of life until the ENTIRE TEAM gets comfortable running the offense. That can't happen without a lead guard facilitating...

Chicken or egg? No...D'Antoni's offense has only been successful with a legit playmaker...NYK played horrible when MELO did the same thing Kobe is doing...

Again, it is what it is. Your opinion of the offense is irrelevant. It works with a legit facilitator. But, wasn't Kobe excited about the offense? And MDA?

I'm tired of this. It makes no sense and you won't listen. You admit Kobe can facilitate but you won't concede that it's what's best for the team...

WRONG.

We aren't successful because we aren't playing as a team. This offense requires ball movement and playmaking. This offense is about equal opportunity and free flowing energy.

This team COULD play better with Kobe setting them up. This team COULD find more scoring when they ran the OFFENSE. This team HAS enough talent to be successful. This team HAS 7 players that COULD put at least 20ppg on any given night.

This offense is about sharing, not blame. This offense is about getting the best shot, not choosing who should and should NOT take those shots.

Kobe can't determine who can and can not do what it takes or step up on a given night.

I'm not sure if you know it or not, but KOBE IS NOT GOD.

Trust the offense.
Do what's best for the team.

If we are still losing after that, you make a change....but you HAVE TO GIVE THE OFFENSE A LEGIT CHANCE.

Kobe Ball does NOT do that.

Playmaking is easier than going 1-on-5. It also gets the team in a flow. It allows us to play MORE PLAYERS, giving our starters more rest. It does NOT depend on each player having the same skills. It can take a player's strengths and maximize them while hiding their deficiencies. This assumes the offense is ran correctly...and that starts with a player who can create shots for others while controlling the flow and tempo of the game.

This team needs to be greater than the sum of it's parts. That's what this offense is capable of doing. That's why it's supposed to be fun. That's why we SHOULD give it a chance. That's why Kobe needs to help us get thru this until Nash returns. Then, he can do whatever he wants.

But as the leader on this team, the franchise player, the $30Million Dollar Man, you can't seriously sit there and say its not only what he SHOULD do, it's his DUTY to his teammates, this team and this franchise, to do whatEVER it takes to win...

And this is what we need from him to give us that chance.

Great players find a way to win games.

I'm not shuffling the blame to anyone. I'm telling you where we need to start to correct what's wrong with the offense and the team. Dwight's turnovers are a known entity...he's never been a guy who didn't get stripped or lose the ball. Kobe's a guy who has lots of experience running a team and an offense. He's our best playmaker and best 1-on-1 player. He is one of the only players on our team who can create a shot for himself and others. He's one of the smartest basketball players in the history of the NBA.

Yet, you continue to claim our team wouldn't be better served by him taking over primary playmaking duties?
You claim we could NOT rejuvenate some of the bench players with Kobe setting the table?
You claim our shooters wouldn't shoot better percentages with Kobe driving and kicking?
You claim the offense wouldn't create easier shots for Dwight with Kobe running the show?

I DON'T understand your "logic".

I may be wrong...but you are incorrigible. You have no desire to listen when it comes to Kobe. Any criticism of him is wrong on it's face.

This discussion is over. You win. I don't care. I care more about the Lakers than Kobe. F(orget) Kobe if it means the Lakers are a better team.

Ban me if you must. It doesn't matter. I will stand by my statements.

your wrong. and you need to be banned, just for insulting other peoples intelligence. sorry to tell you but, you are no enstein. stop trying to make it seem like you are. you are infact, a kobe hater. how are we supposed to take what your saying seriously, putting all the blame on kobe. GTFOHWTBS. then this "urh der great player find a way to win urh der" your spewing is bull and you know it. saying this, as a way to bash a 5 time NBA champion makes it even stupider coming from your mouth. your trying to tell us, that kobe bryant a 5 time nba champion, still playing lights out basketball on both ends( stats prove it, but urh der stats don't mean nothin to you, RIGHT?) isn't a great player that knows how to win. and were just suppose to take your word for it, F stats because the GMCDealer said so, huh?

then to top things off, offense is not our problem. we are good offensively and well be better when we are healthy. but oh yeah, our defense is kobe's fault too let you tell it. not taking into consideration this is new offense where we are turning the ball over.... alot. granted, some of the turnovers are kobe because he is basically our point gaurd/shooting gaurd right now. also not taking into consideration that when nash gets back, he will help our defense( surprised). he will keep our turnover at a managable margin. give us a chance to get back and set up defensively instead of team running the ball down our throat every other play. were not losing these games via blowout. 5 less turnover and you'd be suprised at the results of most of these games we have lost.

you want to put everything on kobe and say, kobe is flawed so we can't win. newsflash, nobodies perfect. i honestly don't know what you want from him, sure you can say kobe has to play better, but to just deflect all resposibility on kobe and claim were losing because of him is plain ridiculous. point blank, it's the teams fault(including kobe). but we are not losing because and only because of kobe and his atrcious(let you tell us) offensive and defensive play. not by a long shot.

YOUR WELCOME!

Edited by Paris, December 13, 2012 - 04:02 PM.

#82 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,810 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 13, 2012 - 06:33 PM

your wrong. and you need to be banned, just for insulting other peoples intelligence. sorry to tell you but, you are no enstein. stop trying to make it seem like you are. you are infact, a kobe hater. how are we supposed to take what your saying seriously, putting all the blame on kobe. GTFOHWTBS. then this "urh der great player find a way to win urh der" your spewing is bull and you know it. saying this, as a way to bash a 5 time NBA champion makes it even stupider coming from your mouth. your trying to tell us, that kobe bryant a 5 time nba champion, still playing lights out basketball on both ends( stats prove it, but urh der stats don't mean nothin to you, RIGHT?) isn't a great player that knows how to win. and were just suppose to take your word for it, F stats because the GMCDealer said so, huh?

then to top things off, offense is not our problem. we are good offensively and well be better when we are healthy. but oh yeah, our defense is kobe's fault too let you tell it. not taking into consideration this is new offense where we are turning the ball over.... alot. granted, some of the turnovers are kobe because he is basically our point gaurd/shooting gaurd right now. also not taking into consideration that when nash gets back, he will help our defense( surprised). he will keep our turnover at a managable margin. give us a chance to get back and set up defensively instead of team running the ball down our throat every other play. were not losing these games via blowout. 5 less turnover and you'd be suprised at the results of most of these games we have lost.

you want to put everything on kobe and say, kobe is flawed so we can't win. newsflash, nobodies perfect. i honestly don't know what you want from him, sure you can say kobe has to play better, but to just deflect all resposibility on kobe and claim were losing because of him is plain ridiculous. point blank, it's the teams fault(including kobe). but we are not losing because and only because of kobe and his atrcious(let you tell us) offensive and defensive play. not by a long shot.

YOUR WELCOME!

agree to disagree.

I respect your opinion and your right to it.

Thank you for your contribution to the discussion.

#83 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,138 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 13, 2012 - 06:52 PM

be cool if kobe had some help

Edited by Windu, December 13, 2012 - 06:52 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#84 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,810 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 06:55 PM

So you're amazed that I support the best player on the Lakers having a historic season despite their record? OK. Anyways what Kobe is doing is not in fact easy seeing as no player in NBA history can say they did what Kobe's doing so far this season, comparing inefficient, one-sided players (except for Wade and now Durant) that were in the PRIME of their careers is just not the same. Wade has had plenty of success in terms of winning in his career and Durant looks like he's headed that way because they had/have a contending team around them. Every year guys want Kobe to be what he's not, he will not average more than five assists because it's not his job to. Asking Kobe to facilitate for his teammates and be the main scoring option makes Duhon absolutely useless and puts extra wear and tear on Kobe that's not necessary, he's already playing in a run and gun offense and is the main help defender after Howard. There is only so much responsibility a 17 year vet can take.

Plus the numbers tell you that the Lakers offense is not the problem right now: they're seventh in scoring, seventh in field goal percentage, 6th in three point shooting, somehow are fifth in offensive rebounding percentage even though they've been pretty efficient and are shooting the most free throws per game by far. Their only problems is that they don't make free throws (second worst in the league) and turn the ball over too much. For the Lakers to be this good offensively despite playing with a core that has barely played together before this year, have had three different coaches so far and a point guard rotation of Duhon and Morris speaks volumes to the Lakers best offensive player.

The problem with the Lakers is their defense and their chemistry, notice how their two biggest weaknesses have to do with areas that require repitition and chemistry (defensive rotations and turnovers)? I just can't imagine taking away the biggest scoring threat for the Lakers (by far now with how bad gasol is struggling and dwight is struggling with free throws) and making him the main facilitator(which would in turn make Duhon useless considering he's not a spot up shooter and defense is a struggle) would make this team any better offensively than they already are...

No one player is greater than the franchise.

Thanks for your comments.

#85 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,988 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 13, 2012 - 07:06 PM

lol Kobe's not being selfish tonight, look at us now. getting blown out by 20. -_-

Edited by Lakersfan1211, December 13, 2012 - 07:06 PM.

#86 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,882 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted December 13, 2012 - 07:25 PM

1) The triangle offense was running through Shaq FAR more than our offense runs through Dwight right now, and it WON'T run through Dwight because of the type of offense. Kobe and Shaq were taking basically the same amount of shots. Dwight is an all-star, but he's not Shaq until the last 2-3 minutes of the game, where they are both usually at the FT line. Don't be that ignorant.

2) Pippen changed? Sure he did, when Jordan left...that wasn't what was asked.

3) Kobe doesn't have to become the second option? You said he should take 15 shots a game. THAT is a second option, because Dwight will end up taking 16+ if Kobe drops from 20+ in this offense. You actually think it's smart for any of our shooters to take MORE than what they are right now? Artest? Maybe Earl Clark? Call up Sacre and stick his big ass at the three-point line?

4) Michael was 39. I also gave you the 34 year old Michael, and pretty much every Michael from 1984-1998. I'd give you more players if you need it, but you'd just find another cop-out...no rings, better supporting cast, whatever you can come up with.

5) Wade? He hasn't averaged five assists since LeBron showed his face in Miami. Don't bring him up.

Kobe, THIS SEASON, is averaging more APG than Wade did in any three seasons with LeBron. Kobe must be playing PG THEN!!!!11

:facepalm:

6) Yeah, he was the facilitator then, and he's the facilitator now. He's doing what he did in those five championships. Different offense? Sure, even though we aren't running it. You didn't notice that yet? All we are doing is pushing the tempo, trying to score fast.

Tell me...what makes you think, for one second, that we are running D'Antoni's offense? What do you see on the court that makes you think this? A two-guard that tries to push the tempo? Darius Morris pushing it?

If you think Kobe is going to do what Nash does, you might as well assume that Nash can do what Kobe does (lol), and that Gasol can play like Dwight, and Dwight can branch out and shoot 18-footers all game long, like Gasol.

You admire Magic Johnson so much...do you think those 80's Lakers would have won many championships with Magic averaging 30 PPG, like Kobe Bryant? Nope...well, who knows, since Magic had more help than most any NBA player that has played in the history of the league. :pinch:

7) This offense requires playmaking and ball movement, but the triangle didn't? LOL. Tex Winter would laugh his ass off reading that. The triangle offense demands five able-bodied passers that can make plays from their positions. I'm pretty sure I'd know that, since I've done a lot with it, coach and player.

Would you like me to find a triangle tutorial for you? It will tell you exactly what I posted above, probably even the part about Tex Winter laughing.

8) The difference is, you think Kobe is still 25 years old, and I know he's 34. You think every player on this team is young enough to run for 48 minutes, and I know they aren't. You should have listened.

9) It's not my call, but you're still running your chops, as if you're sitting right next to MDA and telling him what needs to be done, lol. Okay.

Melo and Kobe are two completely different players. Melo refused to pass the ball. Kobe is passing it. Without looking, I doubt Melo has averaged four assists a night in his career. He refused to get Amare Stouedmire involved. He refused to get shooters involved. You actually think that Kobe is doing that?

Hope you're watching the game tonight. Kobe has been trying to get Dwight involved, kicking out to shooters as well, and they aren't hitting. I really hope you watched that first half.

10) My opinion of the offense is irrelevant as much as your opinion about Kobe's role in it is irrelevant. You aren't lacing them up. You aren't sitting in ice after games. You aren't wearing a wrap around your back against the Knicks. You don't know what it's like to play against a zone defense. You have no idea what it's like to win an NBA championship as a primary scoring option four of five years. You really have room to talk?

Going to quote this next ignorant sentence you wrote:

This offense is about equal opportunity and free flowing energy.

LOL of course, for the 2011 Phoenix Suns. Equal opportunity? No. The truth is, that NEVER makes sense. There is no such thing as "equal opportunity" when you have two superstars who are WINNERS playing a particular way. Ron Artest will not see the attempts Kobe gets. Gasol will not see the attempts Howard gets. Get it through your head. This isn't high school basketball. We don't pull guys out after "x" amount of shot attempts.

Kobe (who is used to an offense where he plays point-forward, NOT PG) and Dwight (who is used to an offense where he establishes post and works inside-out, called the "four out, one in" offense that got him to the NBA Finals), WILL NOT CHANGE FOR THE SAKE OF OTHER PLAYERS who are meant to play particular roles on this team. That is why they are called role players. Why won't they change? Because we don't have the proven scorers to back them up.

Sorry to say it, but nobody wins the argument...you're just going to watch the Lakers fail, and I'm going to see Kobe lose out on another ring (since I supposedly don't give a [expletive] about the rest of the team or the franchise).

I hope you're enjoying the Knicks game, though. Kobe tried taking over, he tried facilitating, he tried everything...and it's not working.

As I conclude this post, I'll quote Steve Kerr, who was agreeing with Charles Barkley: "Kobe has to do everything for this team, and it's just wearing him down."

Everything. That's what you want. Scoring, passing, defense, everything...and we're getting blown out, Kobe has his back wrapped up, and he's thinking about earlier retirement.

:okay:

#87 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,882 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 07:41 PM

Kerr: "I think they [Lakers] have learned something here. They have to play at a slower tempo, minimize turnovers, and switch on the pick and roll."

Kerr: "Lakers have to play slow."

Barkley: "Lakers have to slow the game down."

Barkley: "If you had to carry all that dead weight, your back would hurt too."

EDIT: Post-game comments from...

Shaq: "Only one guy looks like he wants to win." (and then he proceeds to talk about Kobe doing it all)

Webber: "They all look like they're messing around out there, aside from Kobe. Maybe they know something I don't, like they can just turn on the switch whenever they want."

Case closed.

#88 stillshining

stillshining

Rookie

• 524 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted December 13, 2012 - 08:30 PM

No one player is greater than the franchise.

Thanks for your comments.

.... I didn't say that?

#89 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,953 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 13, 2012 - 08:37 PM

Kerr: "I think they [Lakers] have learned something here. They have to play at a slower tempo, minimize turnovers, and switch on the pick and roll."

"Lakers have to play slow."

Barkley: "Lakers have to slow the game down."

Case closed.

Even D'antoni said that. He said he's not going to run the fast paced offense with the Lakers. He'd rather they get a great shot on the 23rd second of the shot clock than taking an early bad shot in the early parts of the shot clock.

So it always annoys me when people or commentators say "You aren't going to run the 7 second offense with this squad"

D'antoni has said that since his entry interview....

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#90 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,953 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 13, 2012 - 08:48 PM

Kobe was 31/10/6 tonight too.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#91 soldier4death

soldier4death

Makaveli Trained GS

• 911 posts
  • Name:Ruben
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Me

Posted December 13, 2012 - 08:51 PM

The second half wasn't any better. We came back mostly because NY shots weren't falling because they basically stopped trying. They started just jacking up shots. The Lakers, aren't rotating the ball, Kobe gets the ball and isolates for 15 seconds then forces a shot. When Dwight gets the ball it's usually too late and is surrounded by two defenders, again, a shot is forced up. There's no ball rotation, no set plays, everybody just standing around and watching.

#92 stillshining

stillshining

Rookie

• 524 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 06:27 PM

Lol somehow we win when Kobe plays one of the most selfish 7 assist games hes ever had

#93 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,159 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 06:54 PM

gtfo. most of the shots were on rhythm or off following the rebounds. give the guy a [expletive]ing break.

#94 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kimagure Orange Road

• 8,764 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 07:07 PM

I love threads like these.

"You watch anime?"

- "Yeah, I just got into it! Just recently, I just started watching Attack on Ti-"

"Get away from me, pleb."

#95 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,882 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 07:10 PM

Kobe had seven assists because Meeks knocked down his shots (three assisted by Kobe), and Morris made his two (both off of Kobe, spoon-fed).

Kobe's other two assists were for Ebanks and Howard.

Simply put, Bryant can pass the ball every play...but with how inconsistent our shooters have been (you never know who will make their shots), KB will have to go back to scoring, like he did tonight.

Without the aggressive Kobe, even though he finally shot poorly, Meeks would not have had his 24 points. He would have been much easier to defend. Common sense.

#96 stillshining

stillshining

Rookie

• 524 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 07:46 PM

gtfo. most of the shots were on rhythm or off following the rebounds. give the guy a [expletive]ing break.

Maybe he wasn't as selfish as I made it seem, he had several hockey assists along with his 7 assists. His shot selection was horrid throughout, I'm not seeing the rhythm shots. He routinely took shots 2-3 feet away from the three point line even though he was 1-8 and really just kept shooting.

#97 Sung

Sung

Rookie

• 83 posts

Posted December 19, 2012 - 12:05 AM

Even Kobe knows that he needs to get others involved regardless whether they make their shots or not. Why can't you guys see that?
I am not blaming Kobe. I am just voicing a concern what Kobe is deviating from what he should do and what he is capable of.
Last two games, we had better flow offensively. Everyone in the locker room even stated, "the ball was moving."

This is called rhythmic offense with flow.
Offense cannot be stagnant, cannot run iso every play down, and cannot just reply on one player.

Kobe knows that. Well, obviously you guys are oblivious of that.

Inspite of this stupid thread, you all think, I believe Kobe is trusting his teammates a lot more, especially Jodie Meeks.
I see the rock move side to side, swing around, post down low, and high post with Kobe. Most importantly, there is a team chemistry building up. Even if Kobe turns over, I love that fact that he is looking for others. lob to DH12, look for Morris in the corner, etc.

That give and go between Pau and MWP was classic.

Once again, I do not blame Kobe at all. I want him to play as he did last two games.
20 points, excluding FT's, 5 rebs, 7 assists, 2 steals. Around 20 shot attempts. that is our winning recipe on the offensive end.
Defense is also a major part of us losing. But role players are playing D with energy and passion when they are involved on offense.

Simply put, I like what I am seeing right now and we can only improve from this.
Defense will pick up.

Hopefully rest until Sat and possible return of Nash should help us.
When we won championships, we had solid contributions from D fish, Rob Horry, MWP, Rick Fox, Glenn Rice, LO, etc... that Kobe trusted. When we did not, we had Smoosh Parker, Kwame Brown, and no one, but Caron Butler.
Needless to say, we need contributions from our role players, and I want Kobe and Nash to get them involved, so come playoff time, we will have Rob Horry rather than Steve Blake.

#98 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,589 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted December 19, 2012 - 12:17 AM

Even Kobe knows that he needs to get others involved regardless whether they make their shots or not. Why can't you guys see that?
I am not blaming Kobe. I am just voicing a concern what Kobe is deviating from what he should do and what he is capable of.
Last two games, we had better flow offensively. Everyone in the locker room even stated, "the ball was moving."

This is called rhythmic offense with flow.
Offense cannot be stagnant, cannot run iso every play down, and cannot just reply on one player.

Kobe knows that. Well, obviously you guys are oblivious of that.

Inspite of this stupid thread, you all think, I believe Kobe is trusting his teammates a lot more, especially Jodie Meeks.
I see the rock move side to side, swing around, post down low, and high post with Kobe. Most importantly, there is a team chemistry building up. Even if Kobe turns over, I love that fact that he is looking for others. lob to DH12, look for Morris in the corner, etc.

That give and go between Pau and MWP was classic.

Once again, I do not blame Kobe at all. I want him to play as he did last two games.
20 points, excluding FT's, 5 rebs, 7 assists, 2 steals. Around 20 shot attempts. that is our winning recipe on the offensive end.
Defense is also a major part of us losing. But role players are playing D with energy and passion when they are involved on offense.

Simply put, I like what I am seeing right now and we can only improve from this.
Defense will pick up.

Hopefully rest until Sat and possible return of Nash should help us.
When we won championships, we had solid contributions from D fish, Rob Horry, MWP, Rick Fox, Glenn Rice, LO, etc... that Kobe trusted. When we did not, we had Smoosh Parker, Kwame Brown, and no one, but Caron Butler.
Needless to say, we need contributions from our role players, and I want Kobe and Nash to get them involved, so come playoff time, we will have Rob Horry rather than Steve Blake.

These losses have not been because of Kobe. Hadn't it been for Kobe it would have been a lot worse. That being said, i agree that ideally Kobe shoots about 20 shots per game rather than 30.
Looking at the Cleveland game Kobe was shooting 57%, the rest of the team around 30%. Had they just shot 40% we would have won the game and Kobe would have had 2-3 more assists.

#99 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,417 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted December 19, 2012 - 07:14 PM

I like Kobe's agressiveness however sometimes you have to give that up to get others involved win or lose. Kobe has the green light to shoot therefore is able to gain a rhythm. Others have to wait their turn or are so surprised when they get the ball it's hard to get a rhythm. That's one of the reasons Kobe says it's hard to play with him. When other players are envolved on the offensive end on a regular basis they feel good and automatically play MORE defense

#100 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts
  • Fan Since:1981

Posted December 19, 2012 - 08:08 PM

I like Kobe's agressiveness however sometimes you have to give that up to get others involved win or lose. Kobe has the green light to shoot therefore is able to gain a rhythm. Others have to wait their turn or are so surprised when they get the ball it's hard to get a rhythm. That's one of the reasons Kobe says it's hard to play with him. When other players are envolved on the offensive end on a regular basis they feel good and automatically play MORE defense

I counted 7 times.....because I made a point of counting the number of missed assists that Kobe had because guys missed shots that he set up for them...AND THAT WAS IN THE 1ST HALF.

He will never keep going back to the same brick layer .....he would rather do that himself. Guys don't move, or take advantafe of matchup situations....... Kobe will.
Stop with Espn talking points
Who else can create his own shot right now other than K24? Have you counted the # of times Meeks, Duhon, Morris, Ebanks and others have defered to Kobe with 5 seconds or less on the clock??
The only other guys that go at it right now are MWP and D12....
"Making his teammates better" is an indecisive, old, misused and useless statement ........ Kobe is our best G, PG, and SF right now....so its up to him to attack.
The Jerseys Hanging from the Rafters represent LAKER GREATS who are also NBA GREATS

LAKERS NO FAKERS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users