Off The Bench

• 1,880 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted December 11, 2012 - 10:33 PM

Kobe Stinks.

So does Dwight.
The Lakers FO knows more than you. Sorry.

#22 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,769 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted December 11, 2012 - 11:16 PM

The whole "the Lakers are 1-9 when Kobe scores 30+" is seriously the most ignorant, flawed rip against Kobe I've ever heard.

As Real Deal already pointed out, Kobe's 30 point games more often then not are occuring in games where the team is down big & Kobe needs to bail them out.

Also, if you look at each of Kobe's 30 point games this year you'll see a couple of things that stand out in most of them: Lakers committing too many TO's & playing horrid D.

Kobe putting up 30+ points isn't the reason the Lakers are losing those games, far from it...

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#23 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,212 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 11:20 PM

http://www.basketbal...9802040UTA.html

Dat selfish MJ how dare he take 37 shots and score only 40 points!?

Listen you idiots. Be glad that we have a 34 year old guy averaging 29.2 point per game shooting 49 percent. Kobe can't do everything for this team. Neither did Jordan, Magic, Bird or any other big time names when they were past their primes. Be glad that a 5 time champion is willing to play with flu even after 17 seasons. You could have had someone like Allen Iverson, instead of Kobe. Is that what you want? Try using that brain once in a while instead of blaming this guy for everything going wrong in the world.

#24 211275

Rookie

• 190 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 11:31 PM

All I can say if Kobe didn't play selfish we would be losing by 15+ pts. He had to be selfish because none of em couldnt make squat when he facilitates.

Exactly. You guys want MWP jacking up more 3s a game? You want Morris shooting jumpers? You want to let Duhon start jacking up shots? Please.

#25 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted December 11, 2012 - 11:35 PM

This is by far the best troll thread ever.

#26 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,851 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 12, 2012 - 12:34 AM

This people are crazy

all those 20 points came from BLOW OUT WIN by Los Anges Lakers

how can Kobe supposed to play if the lakers lead by 20+ points already

Coach won't allow kobe to play more if the lakers are leading by 20+ points

20 or less points = LESS minutes of Kobe Bryant

Kobe score 30 or more just to save the facking job of his coach.

Kobe shoots over 50% FG percentage and the rest of the team are playing horrible less than 50%

lakers fan should realize if Kobe wasn't doing this were down by 20 or more

33bkfif.jpg

#27 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 2,001 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 12:38 AM

Your point is clearly correct but technically the team is not scoring, he had to do what he had to do ...

if you miss shots , and some are easy and open, you cant just pass the ball ..

Would you think LeBron will pass the ball if the team struggles ?

But still kobe has to find a way ..

#28 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 39,992 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 12, 2012 - 12:49 AM

Look at the numbers when Kobe has having these large scoring games. Do you see any statistics of someone that is "on fire" that he should have passed the ball to. Case in point Kobe brings out the large scoring games because no one else is.

You say go to Dwight but he was 3 for 9 tonight and a majority of his points came from the free throw line and he didn't take offensive initiative when Kobe was sitting down. Metta and Kobe were the only Lakers doing anything for us in the 4th quarter aside from Dwight hitting free throws. in a scenario like that you can't blame Kobe for shooting. He even TRIED to get Duhon involved in a play later on after screens that Duhon should have taken initiative on. But Duhon passed it back to Kobe almost immediately while Kobe was being guarded closely and then Kobe had to force up a bad shot. That's why Kobe was screaming at him after the play "(Bleep)ING GO!!"

Maybe you should count the amount of times Kobe tries to involve his teammates and how often the ball winds up back in his hands. Case in point, the only Laker brave enough to search for his own shot when Kobe is guarded is Artest. And that shouldn't be the case with the looks some of them get from passes.

Think please.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#29 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,609 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted December 12, 2012 - 01:46 AM

tis not all kobe fault!!! at least he is the one who kicks his ass for everything

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#30 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,737 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted December 12, 2012 - 02:05 AM

Look at his percentages. They are the best of his long career. But then look at Dwight, the so-called best big man in the NBA who can't dominate the paint against crappy teams. Then look at the "defensive stopper" MWP who can't even slow down a 50-year-old veteran. This team is overrated and full of washed-up players, the only worthy guy on this roster is Kobe Bean Bryant.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#31 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,867 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 12, 2012 - 03:53 AM

Great players find a way to win the game...scoring 40 is good but there are times when trust is in order. There are times when losing a game while establishing a rhythm is a victory. There are times when getting your teammates the best shots available is best for the team, even if they aren't hitting them.

We have talent.

We need someone to distribute the darn ball. We need Kobe, at this stage in his career, to sacrifice individual stats to do what's best for the team.

If you guys can't see that, I feel sorry for you.

And unless Kobe's going off for 81, his big games usually come with the price tag of a LOSS.

At some point, you've got to look at yourself in the mirror and ask the hard question:

Am I a LAKERS fan?

OR

Am I a KOBE fan?

I know the answer for some...the rest of you need to figure that out. Most coaches will tell you that this is not what they would want from their star player with the injuries we've had, the record we've had and the changes in the offense and coaching staff.

But go right ahead and bleat with the rest of the sheep..."Kobe can do no wrong"...good luck with that.

Mamba OUT.

Edited by GCMD, December 12, 2012 - 03:53 AM.

#32 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,447 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted December 12, 2012 - 04:13 AM

Look at his percentages. They are the best of his long career. But then look at Dwight, the so-called best big man in the NBA who can't dominate the paint against crappy teams. Then look at the "defensive stopper" MWP who can't even slow down a 50-year-old veteran. This team is overrated and full of washed-up players, the only worthy guy on this roster is Kobe Bean Bryant.

and Jordan Hill

#33 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,447 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 04:19 AM

Great players find a way to win the game...scoring 40 is good but there are times when trust is in order. There are times when losing a game while establishing a rhythm is a victory. There are times when getting your teammates the best shots available is best for the team, even if they aren't hitting them.

We have talent.

We need someone to distribute the darn ball. We need Kobe, at this stage in his career, to sacrifice individual stats to do what's best for the team.

And unless Kobe's going off for 81, his big games usually come with the price tag of a LOSS.

At some point, you've got to look at yourself in the mirror and ask the hard question:

Am I a LAKERS fan?

OR

Am I a KOBE fan?

I know the answer for some...the rest of you need to figure that out. Most coaches will tell you that this is not what they would want from their star player with the injuries we've had, the record we've had and the changes in the offense and coaching staff.

But go right ahead and bleat with the rest of the sheep..."Kobe can do no wrong"...good luck with that.

Mamba OUT.

Indiviaidual Stats?? The only stat he cares about is matching Jordans 6. Everyone has flaws but in this Case Kobe believes him shooting the ball is the best chance for it to go in th basket. Do you disagree?? It's up to D'Antoni to give someone else the Green Light

#34 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,867 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 04:19 AM

There are times and places for heroics.

I can't say it any better than this:

The Kobe we're getting is not the Kobe we need.

Mamba OUT.

#35 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,851 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted December 12, 2012 - 04:21 AM

We have talent.

Am I a LAKERS fan?

OR

Am I a KOBE fan?

Mamba OUT.

Lakers fan or Kobe Fan?

Both

I am a fan of Rubio, Griffin, and Rondo but I prefer seeing the lakers winning a lot

I Bet a lot of MONEY for THIS FACKING TEAM

TALENTED TEAM yet Lacking ENERGY and WILL TO WIN

Talented TEAM WHO's NOT ASKING FOR THE BALL to WIN the GAME

WTF is that?????????

Look at the game they are just watching how kobe facilitate the offense

Can't you see the body language of the LAKERS by that time?

They are just waiting for the rebound for god sake.

How come kobe can share the stats

IF THE WHOLE Lakers CAN't FACKING CONTRIBUTE OPEN YOUR EYES !!

YOU ARE THE ONE WHO CAN'T SEE IT

Lakers are DOWN without HIM !

If you want Kobe to Trust you, YOU HAVE TO BE DESERVING

That's how Kobe Trust Gasol and Shaq before

They deserved it

33bkfif.jpg

#36 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,867 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 04:29 AM

Indiviaidual Stats?? The only stat he cares about is matching Jordans 6.

Jordan was ONLY able to be "Jordan" because he had Pippen. Until Kobe finds his "Pippen", he has no chance at beating Jordan at "his own game". I wish he could/would see that.

Everyone has flaws but in this Case Kobe believes him shooting the ball is the best chance for it to go in th basket.

Lack.
Of.
Trust.

Do you disagree??

Obviously. The best chance for the ball to go in is to get the best shot. How often a shot is taken is entirely independent of who's taking it. The best shot for Duhon maybe the 3. The best shot for Dwight maybe hook going to his left. The best shot for MWP maybe on the block. This is a team game. If you feel like you have to do it all on you own, "team" has gone out of the window. I HATE playing with people like that.

It's up to D'Antoni to give someone else the Green Light

D'Antoni has never given any one person the greenlight. A good shot is a good shot, no matter who's taking it. Once the ball finds energy, it will put the team in position to take good shots. And in this offense, scoring comes from whomever is in the right place at the right time.

Kobe has to give up control. It didn't work for Melo under MDA and it's not going to work for Kobe. If he really wants to take matters in his own hands, get his teammates involved no matter how many times they miss. In the long run, it will pay more dividends than the rest of the team standing, watching him go "Kobe".

#37 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 39,992 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 12, 2012 - 04:37 AM

Jordan was ONLY able to be "Jordan" because he had Pippen. Until Kobe finds his "Pippen", he has no chance at beating Jordan at "his own game". I wish he could/would see that.

Lack.
Of.
Trust.

Obviously. The best chance for the ball to go in is to get the best shot. How often a shot is taken is entirely independent of who's taking it. The best shot for Duhon maybe the 3. The best shot for Dwight maybe hook going to his left. The best shot for MWP maybe on the block. This is a team game. If you feel like you have to do it all on you own, "team" has gone out of the window. I HATE playing with people like that.

D'Antoni has never given any one person the greenlight. A good shot is a good shot, no matter who's taking it. Once the ball finds energy, it will put the team in position to take good shots. And in this offense, scoring comes from whomever is in the right place at the right time.

Kobe has to give up control. It didn't work for Melo under MDA and it's not going to work for Kobe. If he really wants to take matters in his own hands, get his teammates involved no matter how many times they miss. In the long run, it will pay more dividends than the rest of the team standing, watching him go "Kobe".

if Kobe was the type of guy that said "I'm just gonna keep passing to my teammates even if they can't hit anything this quarter no matter how much we fall behind by because it will help us in the future"

He'd never have won any championships, and neither would have Jordan.

if Kobe passes the ball 10 times and his teammates knockdown all 10 shots he has 10 assists and he's being unselfish and facilitating.

If Kobe passes the ball 10 times and his teammates all miss or only hit 2 shots and our team is falling behind and because Kobe has a responsibility as our main scorer to take care of situations like that. Then Kobe ends with only 2 assists and he's called selfish....

It's a double edged sword.

Maybe you should make a video of how often Kobe passes the ball to his teammates and how many assists he SHOULD have had. AS in they miss the wide open shot or throw it back to him at the end of the shot clock. I think you'll find Kobe would average 8 or 9 assists a game when his teammates are knocking down shots. Actually he had a string of games where he was.

But it's Kobe's responsibility to push this team over the hump when people aren't scoring or don't have it that night, that's the job of the SUPERSTAR on the team.

That's the responsibility you take.

If Kobe just went "screw it, we're down by 10 but I'm just gonna keep passing cause it will help the team more" he'd never have won a championship.

Kobe says "Screw it, I tried, no one is on right now so I gotta take this into my own hands" Because THAT is the responsibility he has. If he didn't think that way we'd have not won championships at all.

Edited by Majesty, December 12, 2012 - 04:41 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#38 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,867 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 04:42 AM

Lakers fan or Kobe Fan?

Both

Well, when the Lakers lose and Kobe scores 40, why is that a good thing?

I am a fan of Rubio, Griffin, and Rondo but I prefer seeing the lakers winning a lot

Not sure what I'm supposed to say here but thanks for the info?

I Bet a lot of MONEY for THIS FACKING TEAM

No comment.

TALENTED TEAM yet Lacking ENERGY and WILL TO WIN

That's what you see? Wow.

Talented TEAM WHO's NOT ASKING FOR THE BALL to WIN the GAME

Again, not seeing that.

WTF is that?????????

That's your version of events...not sure what your basketball background is but I'm concerned you've missed some vital points in Basketball 101.

Look at the game they are just watching how kobe facilitate the offense

Can't you see the body language of the LAKERS by that time?

More like "not sure what Kobe's going to do on any given play except not pass the ball"...and shoot.

They are just waiting for the rebound for god sake.

That's the only thing you CAN do if he's not going to pass you the ball.

How come kobe can share the stats

IF THE WHOLE Lakers CAN't FACKING CONTRIBUTE OPEN YOUR EYES !!

YOU ARE THE ONE WHO CAN'T SEE IT

Agree to disagree.

Lakers are DOWN without HIM !

If you want Kobe to Trust you, YOU HAVE TO BE DESERVING

That's how Kobe Trust Gasol and Shaq before

They deserved it

Both of those guys were traded...after their usefulness to Kobe went away.

Great players find a way to win. That doesn't mean he does it all on his own. His team has to believe in him. They have to believe that HE believes in them.

At this point, nobody knows what's going thru Kobe's mind except "it's not my fault".

Your best player can't accept the praise in a win and point the finger in a loss...no matter what the rest of the team does or doesn't do.

He has to find a way to win...right now, the most obvious way is to get his teammates involved, early and often. We are down our 2 best PGs so it's not Rocket Science what we are lacking...especially in a PG driven offense.

Why is it so hard for everyone to see that?

#39 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,447 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 04:47 AM

if Kobe was the type of guy that said "I'm just gonna keep passing to my teammates even if they can't hit anything this quarter no matter how much we fall behind by because it will help us in the future"

if Kobe passes the ball 10 times and his teammates knockdown all 10 shots he has 10 assists and he's being unselfish and facilitating.

If Kobe passes the ball 10 times and his teammates all miss or only hit 2 shots and our team is falling behind and because Kobe has a responsibility as our main scorer to take care of situations like that. Then Kobe ends with only 2 assists and he's called selfish....

Maybe you should make a video of how often Kobe passes the ball to his teammates and how many assists he SHOULD have had. AS in they miss the wide open shot or throw it back to him at the end of the shot clock. I think you'll find Kobe would average 8 or 9 assists a game when his teammates are knocking down shots. Actually he had a string of games where he was.

But it's Kobe's responsibility to push this team over the hump when people aren't scoring or don't have it that night, that's the job of the SUPERSTAR on the team.

If Kobe just went "screw it, we're down by 10 but I'm just gonna keep passing cause it will help the team more" he'd never have won a championship.

Kobe says "Screw it, I tried, no one is on right now so I gotta take this into my own hands" Because THAT is the responsibility he has. If he didn't think that way we'd have not won championships at all.

I remember when Kobe tried to pass on every possession in the semi finals against Pheonix. The media and fans ripped him apart for not shooting. WTF??

#40 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,867 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 04:51 AM

You're still not getting it!

Nash played 1 game for us.
Dumped Brown, hired D'Antoni.
Installed a PG driven offense.

This isn't the NBA Finals. We HAVE to build the offense UP, not depend on Kobe to carry the load. We have to get players in a rhythm...their will be no chemistry without it.

No pain, no gain.

This team will be better off with Kobe passing the ball 30 times a night and shooting 15 times a night REGARDLESS of the score in any ONE game!!!!

This TEAM needs to come together for the LONG HAUL, not a meaningless regular season game against the CAVS!!!!

You guys lack any sense of patience, development, continuity, progression, growth or team building.

This TEAM can't play one way, one night and switch it up to Kobe Ball when times get rough on the next night. We will NOT win it all like that.

If all you care about is right now, fine...Kobe should shoot as much as he wants.
If you care about what this TEAM will look like in a month, you want the ball moving as much as possible, make or miss.

The most important thing about this offense is sharing the ball. Let that sink in. That's the MOST IMPORTANT THING. Makes and misses take care of themselves over the LONG RUN.

Myopia must be contagious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users