673 replies to this topic

#661 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,345 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted December 11, 2012 - 07:05 PM

Yall say MWP can still play defense when Miles had a career year.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#662 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,069 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 11, 2012 - 07:10 PM

Nope, you're 100%wrong - this is not on Mitch.

He got a good team together and Metta shows he can still defend, the will is lacking for some reason. And that goes for EVERYONE on the team.

This obsession with age doesn't play. Rings aren't won with kids.

Win as a team, lose as a team.

I always laugh at people that say it's on Mitch. When if Nash is healthy and we're winning games he's a "genius" I'm sure they said when he traded for Howard and Nash "By the way Mitch, Dwight isn't gonna be 100% till around Christmas time, and Nash is gonna be injured and miss 17 games in a row. Still want to do the trade" and he went "YEAH! Sure. Who cares"

That's the mentality people must have by blaming Mitch. He got Jamison and Meeks for our bench. IF Jamison ever finds himself and Meeks is on our bench scores the lights out. The problem is that Jamison has gone back to being docile and Meeks is hot and cold but seems to have found himself.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#663 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,918 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 11, 2012 - 07:12 PM

I still contend that Jamison is a 3 and not a 4, and I thought that when the Lakers acquired him. If you wanna see Jamison shine, he needs more responsibility.

I would start Jamison with a healthy Nash and Pau instead of Metta (and I have no problem with Metta) simply for fluid play's sake. Plus I think Metta off the bench with Hill and Meeks would be perfect.

#664 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,321 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted December 11, 2012 - 07:15 PM

Mitch doesn't owe us a thing. He brought two future HOF's here along with two strong additions to our bench in Meeks and Jamison. Mitch has every right to say "figure it out yourselves, I'm done making moves."

Edited by reryo, December 11, 2012 - 07:16 PM.

#665 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,595 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted December 11, 2012 - 07:16 PM

I still contend that Jamison is a 3 and not a 4, and I thought that when the Lakers acquired him. If you wanna see Jamison shine, he needs more responsibility.

I would start Jamison with a healthy Nash and Pau instead of Metta (and I have no problem with Metta) simply for fluid play's sake. Plus I think Metta off the bench with Hill and Meeks would be perfect.

wouldn't mind that at all.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#666 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,918 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 11, 2012 - 07:18 PM

That's the kind of adjustment a coach in D'Antoni's situation should make - but it won't happen.

He's pig-headed.

#667 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,345 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted December 11, 2012 - 07:20 PM

come on man yall have to stop cutting of people I wanted to hear what kobe had to say

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#668 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,129 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 07:49 PM

I always laugh at people that say it's on Mitch. When if Nash is healthy and we're winning games he's a "genius" I'm sure they said when he traded for Howard and Nash "By the way Mitch, Dwight isn't gonna be 100% till around Christmas time, and Nash is gonna be injured and miss 17 games in a row. Still want to do the trade" and he went "YEAH! Sure. Who cares"

That's the mentality people must have by blaming Mitch. He got Jamison and Meeks for our bench. IF Jamison ever finds himself and Meeks is on our bench scores the lights out. The problem is that Jamison has gone back to being docile and Meeks is hot and cold but seems to have found himself.

I have yet to see someone blame mitch
Posted Image

#669 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 11, 2012 - 08:03 PM

Makes sense to start Jamison at the three for our offense...but against contending teams, we can't do that. Our biggest threats to a championship (Miami/LeBron, OKC/Durant, Memphis/Gay, LA/Butler, Spurs/Leonard, Knicks/Melo) would all eat him alive...not just on speed, but physically as well.

Dwight makes up for that when Jamison is at the four, but when we bring back Nash, and we have Gasol back...suddenly, we're going to need Ron at the three. We can't play teams with three of our starting five being horrible defensive players.

#670 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,129 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 08:18 PM

Makes sense to start Jamison at the three for our offense...but against contending teams, we can't do that. Our biggest threats to a championship (Miami/LeBron, OKC/Durant, Memphis/Gay, LA/Butler, Spurs/Leonard, Knicks/Melo) would all eat him alive...not just on speed, but physically as well.

Dwight makes up for that when Jamison is at the four, but when we bring back Nash, and we have Gasol back...suddenly, we're going to need Ron at the three. We can't play teams with three of our starting five being horrible defensive players.

or find a SF more capable of defending. somehow
Posted Image

#671 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,140 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 08:28 PM

or find a SF more capable of defending. somehow

You cannot guard players such as Rose, CP3, LeBron, Durant one on one for the whole game. They are just too talented. The best thing one can do is play to their weaknesses (eg: Force LeBron to shoot from the outside). You have to make them work for their shots, and trust in help defense.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#672 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 11, 2012 - 08:42 PM

LeBron doesn't have a weakness anymore, sadly. Even his jumpers are falling, and he's shooting 44-45% from beyond the arc, over three shots a night from there.

#673 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,129 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 09:10 PM

lol good thing (not really but works for my point) wade's body decided to crumble or that'd be a dynasty
Posted Image

#674 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,732 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 12, 2012 - 01:56 AM

9-13. Time to push the panic buttom. Even Kobe is panicking right now.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users