Photo

Why hasn't anyone thought of trading Dwight?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted December 11, 2012 - 05:47 AM

Why would we trade the best big in the game and our future franchise player? Don't drink and post bro.

What does best Big in the game actually mean?? 22 / 13 and 2.5 when all is said and done? Or does it mean Good midrange game, more than one demension on the offensive end, 70% FT shooter, High BBall IQ. Truth be told; numbers per 48 minutes tells a different story. I beleive Dwight is very very good, but I don't think the gap between D12 and some others is as large as you think. I also believe he's more of a Power Forward in size but he has old school Center skills on offense. D12 is like Alonzo Mourning without the 10 foot jump shot or the ability to shoot 60+% from the FT line. I think a focused Pau and D12 combo is perfect. The only problem is D12 and Dirk is even better so I hope we can lock Dwight up for the next 5 years. Most explosive and athletic big man; YES. Best TRUE center?? Not so sure

Edited by lakersince75, December 11, 2012 - 05:52 AM.

#22 haztronic

haztronic

From Laguna/Love the Lakers

• 336 posts
  • Name:Harry
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted December 11, 2012 - 11:04 AM

I know some ppl look at this thread like wtf but in reality if we fail to make the playoffs or make it and get bounced out early you have to think how will Howard feel after a fail season? I think he might stay but what if he decides he has a better chance to win somewhere else because the other 2 guys in the team are just getting older. Again im about 70-80% sure he'll stay but we really don't know what his thought process is, if by mid season we are still losing and he doesn't give the team some assurance that he will stay no matter what I would think about possibilities.

I am pretty sure Howard is just waiting for Kobe to retire so the Lakers can be his team. He would probably love it if 24 would retire.
DIE HARD LAKER FAN 4 LIFE!

#23 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,888 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted December 11, 2012 - 11:34 AM

What does best Big in the game actually mean?? 22 / 13 and 2.5 when all is said and done? Or does it mean Good midrange game, more than one demension on the offensive end, 70% FT shooter, High BBall IQ. Truth be told; numbers per 48 minutes tells a different story. I beleive Dwight is very very good, but I don't think the gap between D12 and some others is as large as you think. I also believe he's more of a Power Forward in size but he has old school Center skills on offense. D12 is like Alonzo Mourning without the 10 foot jump shot or the ability to shoot 60+% from the FT line. I think a focused Pau and D12 combo is perfect. The only problem is D12 and Dirk is even better so I hope we can lock Dwight up for the next 5 years. Most explosive and athletic big man; YES. Best TRUE center?? Not so sure

I guess Hakeem Olajuwon isn't a center either.....lol you fail

"No Justice. No Peace. Jail the Racist Police!"

#24 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 02:54 PM

I guess Hakeem Olajuwon isn't a center either.....lol you fail

Hakeem the Freak Of Nature?? The once in a lifetime player? Oh he definately was. Not in size but in SKILL. However Dwight nor anyone else was no Hakeem. Know your history without using google young man. So I guess we see 6'8" point guards wearing "32" everyday also. Not to mention 7'4" guys playing small forward (#50) The last time there was a player like Hakeem, he was wearing a Boston uniform 50 years ago. Fail? Never. Don't forget we beat Orlando because Dwight couldn't handle the TRUE 7 foot issues he was having. What did Dwight score like 10 or 11 points the final game vs LA. He couldn't even get shots off due to Gasol and Bynums length. Hakeem would have averaged 30 and 15 against those two. Just for mentioning Dwight and Hakeem in the same breath, YOU FAIL

Edited by lakersince75, December 11, 2012 - 03:03 PM.

#25 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,888 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 03:51 PM

Hakeem the Freak Of Nature?? The once in a lifetime player? Oh he definately was. Not in size but in SKILL.

You don't have to be 7'0 to be center. You are really dumb if you believe that.

The last time there was a player like Hakeem, he was wearing a Boston uniform 50 years ago. Fail? Never.

Lol Bill Russel wasn't Hakeem either. Bill was with him on the defensive end but not on offense. Bill was an average to below average offense player at best.

Don't forget we beat Orlando because Dwight couldn't handle the TRUE 7 foot issues he was having. What did Dwight score like 10 or 11 points the final game vs LA. He couldn't even get shots off due to Gasol and Bynums length. Hakeem would have averaged 30 and 15 against those two. Just for mentioning Dwight and Hakeem in the same breath, YOU FAIL

Dwight was 24 or 25 when he went to the finals. He did not have the supporting cast that Kobe had. It was team defense that stopped Dwight. Not "true 7 footers". He dropped 23/21 on those "true 7 footers" last year.

Hakeem was 30 when he first got to the finals so it is little different. Hakeem had more experience and a better supporting cast.

Dwight may not be a Hakeem but their career stats aren't that far a part and Dwight hasn't even reached his prime yet.

Dwight: 18.4 ppg 13 rpg 1.5apg 2.2bpg on 57% shooting
Hakeem: 21.8 ppg 11rpg 2.5 apg 3.1 bpg on 51% shooting

#26 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 07:05 PM

You don't have to be 7'0 to be center. You are really dumb if you believe that.

Lol Bill Russel wasn't Hakeem either. Bill was with him on the defensive end but not on offense. Bill was an average to below average offense player at best.

Dwight was 24 or 25 when he went to the finals. He did not have the supporting cast that Kobe had. It was team defense that stopped Dwight. Not "true 7 footers". He dropped 23/21 on those "true 7 footers" last year.

Hakeem was 30 when he first got to the finals so it is little different. Hakeem had more experience and a better supporting cast.

Dwight may not be a Hakeem but their career stats aren't that far a part and Dwight hasn't even reached his prime yet.

Dwight: 18.4 ppg 13 rpg 1.5apg 2.2bpg on 57% shooting
Hakeem: 21.8 ppg 11rpg 2.5 apg 3.1 bpg on 51% shooting

Here we go with the career stat crap. Take Hakeems last two or three years when he barley played and was like 100 years old out of that. The real stat is 2 rings and he consistantly kicked Shaq's and everyone elses ass. When it counted Dwight averaged 15 points pg in the finals. No GREAT center choked that bad in the finals at any stage of their career. NOT ONE!! If you want to go to stats, find out what Hakeem averaged in the finals. I guess you believe Dwight was a good as Kareem also because their CAREER stats are similar. And the FG%??? Are you serious?? I guess so, when Dwight never takes a jump shot. Again, Dwight is not even close to Hakeem's class. Like Kobe told Kyrie, "You better watch some tape" By the way, your prime years are between the ages of 24 and 29. By the way Google Boy. I actually watched Wilt play, not YouTube. I know this, you may not have to be 7 Foot to be a great center but it damn sure doesn't hurt. Ewing, Gilmore, Jabbar, Wilt, Robinson, Shaq, Walton, Cartwright, Webster, Sampson, Willis, I think I should stop because it would take you all day to GOOGLE what I know from memory

Edited by lakersince75, December 11, 2012 - 07:15 PM.

#27 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,888 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 02:09 PM

Here we go with the career stat crap. Take Hakeems last two or three years when he barley played and was like 100 years old out of that. The real stat is 2 rings and he consistantly kicked Shaq's and everyone elses ass. When it counted Dwight averaged 15 points pg in the finals. No GREAT center choked that bad in the finals at any stage of their career. NOT ONE!! If you want to go to stats, find out what Hakeem averaged in the finals. I guess you believe Dwight was a good as Kareem also because their CAREER stats are similar. And the FG%??? Are you serious?? I guess so, when Dwight never takes a jump shot. Again, Dwight is not even close to Hakeem's class. Like Kobe told Kyrie, "You better watch some tape" By the way, your prime years are between the ages of 24 and 29. By the way Google Boy. I actually watched Wilt play, not YouTube. I know this, you may not have to be 7 Foot to be a great center but it damn sure doesn't hurt. Ewing, Gilmore, Jabbar, Wilt, Robinson, Shaq, Walton, Cartwright, Webster, Sampson, Willis, I think I should stop because it would take you all day to GOOGLE what I know from memory

I don't really have to google anything. I've watched these player's game or most of them.
Dwight isn't close to Hakeem offensively but he is defensively.
I could care less about Wilt.....it doesn't have to do with anything same as those other centers.

The point is you can be 6'9(bill russel) to 7'6(Yao Ming) and still play center and be "true center". You may have watched more basketball than me but if you believe height makes a player a "true center" than all those games didn't do much to improve your basketball knowledge.

#28 NasWutangKB24

NasWutangKB24

KUSH

• 867 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 14, 2012 - 12:29 AM

I wouldn't consider trading him right now....but if we're still playing awful In Feb and not in the playoff race i'd be ok with trading him if he was dropping hints that he was gonna leave

Maybe a trade built around Rudy Gay + M Gasol

#29 naderade303

naderade303

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Metta World Peace

Posted December 15, 2012 - 10:44 AM

It's actually a good idea OP..

We have no guarantee Dwight is going to stay here next year. And with how we are playing, he isn't going to want to stay.

Dwight isn't as dominant as we all thought.. And it's clear now that Bynum healthy is indeed better then Dwight. Dwight is more a liability then an asset on offense. If he gets low in the paint he gets founded and then misses his free throws.. He can't hit the 15 footer and in a pick and roll offense that's where most his shots would end up. On defense he hasn't shown any more then any 7 footer can do.. In fact he has been overzealous leading to posterizing dunks on teammates.

#30 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,888 posts

Posted December 15, 2012 - 11:18 AM

It's actually a good idea OP..

We have no guarantee Dwight is going to stay here next year. And with how we are playing, he isn't going to want to stay.

Dwight isn't as dominant as we all thought.. And it's clear now that Bynum healthy is indeed better then Dwight. Dwight is more a liability then an asset on offense. If he gets low in the paint he gets founded and then misses his free throws.. He can't hit the 15 footer and in a pick and roll offense that's where most his shots would end up. On defense he hasn't shown any more then any 7 footer can do.. In fact he has been overzealous leading to posterizing dunks on teammates.

Nope not at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users