Why hasn't anyone thought of trading Dwight?
Posted December 10, 2012 - 12:48 PM
plus picks to LAL
Posted December 10, 2012 - 12:57 PM
Posted December 10, 2012 - 02:07 PM
Posted December 10, 2012 - 03:16 PM
I have thought about it and posted about it.
this is enough to tell you how dumb the idea is
Posted December 10, 2012 - 05:24 PM
Posted December 10, 2012 - 08:19 PM
Posted December 10, 2012 - 08:49 PM
Posted December 10, 2012 - 09:06 PM
But, think about this:
- Dwight will be a FA this summer (and so will CP3 btw).
- Dwight wants to win
- Atlanta and Dallas will both go after Howard very hard this summer and both can offer max deals.
- Dwight will probably sign with the Lakers if he thinks he has a chance of winning
- If the Lakers fall too short in the playoff this summer, he very well could sign elsewhere
- Basically, it comes down to whether the D'Antoni system will work out.
A couple of things are in our favor, though. Mitch will do whatever is needed to keep Dwight. The only thing he wont do, i hope, is use the amnesty on Kobe. Everyone else aren't safe, including Nash, Pau and D'Antoni. Another thing: Mitch is very smart. If he sense, that Dwight isn't going to re-sign, he'll do a sign-and-trade and get back assets. The most compelling reason for Dwight to stay is that we probably will figure everything out and be very dangerous come playofftime. Whether it is with Pau on the team, who knows, but once Kobe-Dwight-Nash is firing on all cylinders, the Lakers will be dagerous despite the early struggles.
2 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users