Photo

At this point, what is there left to say?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,740 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 10, 2012 - 08:33 AM

all I know about this is too see how the lakers finish the season

cause the more I expect from this team the more frustration it gives to me

33bkfif.jpg

#22 The Next Stig

The Next Stig

Greatest

• 453 posts
  • Name:Jr

Posted December 10, 2012 - 08:39 AM

haha its funny seeing all these people spaz out.
New Team
New System
No Training camp fo dantoni
No Nash or Gasol

i could careless about having the best record in the league,its all bout rings.

templaRS_zpsfc271f2c.jpg

Follow me on Instagram- Socalk1d

#23 TheOriginalCZM

TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Brian Scalabrine

Posted December 10, 2012 - 08:55 AM

Lakers need to do whatever they need to do and do it fast...."THERE IS NO TOMORROW!...THERE IS NO TOMORROW!" In my Apollo voice.

#24 bobekryant

bobekryant

Rookie

• 469 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 - 09:16 AM

haha its funny seeing all these people spaz out.
New Team
New System
No Training camp fo dantoni
No Nash or Gasol

i could careless about having the best record in the league,its all bout rings.

You're assuming Lakers are making the playoffs.

#25 SuPeRmAoR

SuPeRmAoR

TLN's ballerist

• 2,476 posts
  • Name:Maor
  • Fan Since:4 years old
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted December 10, 2012 - 09:42 AM

Funny thing is, i could care less about the win-loss record, its the way we play that kills me. No defense, no hustle, no passion. We don't fight at all, go look at a team like the Spurs, Heat, Grizzlies, even the Clippers, the difference is they fight until the clock says 0.00, This team decides to half heartedly fight when they are down 10 with 3 minutes left, instead of playing hard for 48. It is not a coaching issue, it isnt because nash is injured or because dwight isnt healthy, it isnt even pau. Its lack of focus, energy, intensity and hunger and those are all mental issues. If we keep playing like this wed be fortunate to make the playoffs as a 6 seed, but if we pick up the slack and start playing like we all know we can, we can take the 1st seed as well as the championship.

jpg2mw.jpg

"Dante Exum will be an NBA All Star by the 2018 NBA Season" - Supermaor23 3/10/14

#26 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,239 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted December 10, 2012 - 09:44 AM

right now we arent in the playoff hunt!

and i think its dangerous,..some people say its just december..but think about it..its "JUST" 4 months until the start of the post season!

and our schedule is not getting easier from week to week... there are always incoming teams to staples, who easily can beat etc and we are not so great on the road, so focusing on home games should be our priority..instead of that, we even start to lose games now at home... this cant be our ambition!

i know its surreal but just think of the consequences if this team does not make the playoffs....i know it sounds surreal but just think of finishing the season as 9th or 10th place, because of lack of consistance and lack of defense..

right now i see the warriors and clippers intact more as a team in the pacific than us..you can say what you want but its true and that is so sad...

LAKERS FOR LIFE!

BIGGEST LAKERS FAN FROM COLOGNE, GERMANY BABY!!!

#27 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,135 posts
  • Fan Since:Lakers traded for Kobe

Posted December 10, 2012 - 10:16 AM

Nash isn't fixing but a couple things he will not be a savior and Dwight yea he isn't a 100% but I know damn well hes around 85-90 so dont give that bull[expletive]. The majority of the problems are on the defensive end its been clear all season. So if you bank on Dwight's status and Nash's return then prepare to get upset. Right now with the teams current state we shouldn't be losing against sub par teams and we are and that is not because we don't have Nash or a 100% Dwight. I mean if we need Nash and Dwight to beat teams like the Kings, Rockets, Jazz etc. then we have a serious problem.

Posted Image

#28 Trilapino

Trilapino

Rookie

• 48 posts
  • Fan Since:85
  • Fav. Laker:Magic,Superman,Big Shot Rob

Posted December 10, 2012 - 11:33 AM

Im sure if Gasol played, most people would blame him for the loss like they typically do.

#29 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,239 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 - 11:48 AM

true!

LAKERS FOR LIFE!

#30 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,774 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 10, 2012 - 02:56 PM

Im sure if Gasol played, most people would blame him for the loss like they typically do.

if Gasol played he wouldn't have had the 4 blocks that Hill had off of switches and PnR and would have gotten beaten on every possession that was driven to him in that way and we'd probably had not even been close. Although the way Jamison played last night on both ends Gasol probably would have put up better numbers than him. But the other side of that is that Hill wouldn't have gotten playing time.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#31 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 - 03:24 PM

we aren't a contender right now, but that's not saying they won't be. nash's shooting and creating will be a nice offensive boost in this system. i expect howard to suddenly see more looks at the rim.

i expect kobe to be more rested through the course of games allowing for better defense and more attacks at the basket.
Posted Image

#32 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,308 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted December 10, 2012 - 05:18 PM

We stink. We do. We just gotta hope that Nash's return solves the majority of our teams functional problems. That's all we can do. If that doesn't work then we must assume this entire core idea was a bust. And if so theres nobody to blame. Sometimes things don't work out.

#33 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted December 10, 2012 - 06:52 PM

There's nothing to say... You can only hope things will get better

#34 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,744 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 10, 2012 - 08:14 PM

D'Antoni's system REQUIRES a ball dominant PG.

Until Nash returns, we can't predict what this team is capable of. And YES, Nash will have that big of a difference in THIS offense and on THIS team.

#35 Trilapino

Trilapino

Rookie

• 48 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 06:44 AM

if Gasol played he wouldn't have had the 4 blocks that Hill had off of switches and PnR and would have gotten beaten on every possession that was driven to him in that way and we'd probably had not even been close. Although the way Jamison played last night on both ends Gasol probably would have put up better numbers than him. But the other side of that is that Hill wouldn't have gotten playing time.

Statiscally it doesnt matter right now. Putting up good numbers and still losing? Obviously we got bigger issues than blaming one man for losing. The main point is Gasol is not the reason why we are losing. Hes been out for 3 games and its been silent about how aggressive he needs to be or step it up, now everyones inputting a different excuses why were losing. Im sure when he gets back and we get another loss all the blame will come back to him.

#36 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,728 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted December 11, 2012 - 07:03 AM

The offense is not the problem, once again. We score easily 110 ppg and that is more than enough to outscore any given team in the NBA. The problem is our awful defense, you can't let a crappy team drop 117 points in your home floor. Our perimeter D is terrible, Ron Artest's D is in the books and Howard is overrated defensively, he is very good but he is not that great to suddenly change an average defensive team into a great one.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#37 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,581 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 11, 2012 - 07:44 AM

Statiscally it doesnt matter right now. Putting up good numbers and still losing? Obviously we got bigger issues than blaming one man for losing. The main point is Gasol is not the reason why we are losing. Hes been out for 3 games and its been silent about how aggressive he needs to be or step it up, now everyones inputting a different excuses why were losing. Im sure when he gets back and we get another loss all the blame will come back to him.

He doesn't have to come back to be blamed. He sucks even in the games he hasn't played. ("He would have...")
Posted Image

#38 HQLLYWQQD

HQLLYWQQD

Rookie

• 385 posts
  • Name:Scott
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted December 11, 2012 - 09:04 AM

There is certainly still time to turn this thing around no doubt. But the lack of effort is a concern.

We have, when healthy, one of the better rosters I have seen our Lakers have in a long time. That being said, it is a big deal to see this team even at 60% healthy get beat by teams we should man handle.

I know things will improve once everyone is back but the lack of heart is most discouraging.

The sky is not falling but I am damn sure looking up way more than I thought I would in September.

Go Lakers!

#39 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,239 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 09:12 AM

no time is [expletive] as [expletive]!

LAKERS FOR LIFE!

#40 Trilapino

Trilapino

Rookie

• 48 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 11:40 AM

He doesn't have to come back to be blamed. He sucks even in the games he hasn't played. ("He would have...")

Your clearly missing the point. He is not the main reason why we're losing, we have bigger issues. If he sucks and we're winning, I don't see anything wrong with that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users