LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 09, 2012 - 09:18 PM

Kobe says chemistry isn't bad, they're just not playing very well

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#542 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Black Lagoon

• 8,470 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 09:18 PM

Posted Image

First Kobe, now Jack.

MMiRi9s.png

#543 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,699 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 09, 2012 - 09:19 PM

We had 14 turnovers tonight, below our season average. Our piss-poor defensive effort is what cost us this game. All but two Jazz players shot over 50% tonight, they were getting whatever they wanted. Our perimeter defense gets broken down extremely easily, even with simple high P&Rs, and our interior defense gets compromised as a result. Did you not see the number of times that a perimeter player on the Jazz got right by their man for a drive before dumping it off to a big or just going in for the score themselves? Compromised defense = easy drives = huge point in the paint totals.

Defense is the issue, and Nash is not going to fix that. We'll look smoother on the offensive end, and we won't give the opposition as many run-out opportunities, but if we can't defend in the halfcourt then we're going to struggle every single game.

Like I said, Turnovers.

The Jazz scored 25 points off our turnovers, that's 14 empty possessions for us. We need better defensive balance as well.

If we take away 10 of the Jazz's 25 points off our turnovers we win this game.

So like I said, I think turnovers are our MAIN problem and Nash coming back will fix that. I put a lot on our problems in terms of turnovers.

Floor spacing defensively would help too but to me turnovers trump everything else when we give up about 25 points a game off turnovers and lead the league in turnovers.

WE are top 10 in the league offensively and defensively but are 2nd in the league in turnovers per game.

So TURNOVERS obviously are where we are weakest.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#544 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted December 09, 2012 - 09:23 PM

Like I said, Turnovers.

The Jazz scored 25 points off our turnovers, that's 14 empty possessions for us. We need better defensive balance as well.

If we take away 10 of the Jazz's 25 points off our turnovers we win this game.

So like I said, I think turnovers are our MAIN problem and Nash coming back will fix that. I put a lot on our problems in terms of turnovers.

Floor spacing defensively would help too but to me turnovers trump everything else when we give up about 25 points a game off turnovers and lead the league in turnovers.

WE are top 10 in the league offensively and defensively but are 2nd in the league in turnovers per game.

So TURNOVERS obviously are where we are weakest.

I agree but I think we're lacking some leadership as well. Kobe is a great leader but he's just exhausted from having to play so hard every night. I'm hoping Nash fixes that when he comes back. D12 doesn't look in tune to me he needs to get his [expletive] together. I thought Meeks played well tonight but it's kind of discouraging when one of your bench players and not one of your starters is showing effort.

Edited by LakersChamps243, December 09, 2012 - 09:24 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#545 Lagunero

Lagunero

☑ Nash ☑ Howard - Win Championship ☐

• 1,617 posts
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe, Kareem, Shaq.

Posted December 09, 2012 - 09:25 PM

Posted Image

jack looks disgusted with the team.

Posted Image

#546 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Black Lagoon

• 8,470 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 09:26 PM

^ Rightfully so.

He has to sit court side and watch the piss poor effort the Lakers are showing.

It is horrendous.

Edited by Hey, December 09, 2012 - 09:27 PM.

MMiRi9s.png

#547 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,699 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 09, 2012 - 09:27 PM

I agree but I think we're lacking some leadership as well. Kobe is a great leader but he's just exhausted from having to play so hard every night. I'm hoping Nash fixes that when he comes back. D12 doesn't look in tune to me he needs to get his [expletive] together. I thought Meeks played well tonight but it's kind of discouraging when one of your bench players and not one of your starters is showing effort.

thing is, D'antoni's offense is run best with Nash. Or at least a designated point guard.

We have 3 to 4 people that bring the ball up the court per game and THAT is one of the main causes of our turnovers. Some of the turnovers Duhon had where he was trying to overpass when he had a wide open layup or a wide open three, Nash would have taken and made the right decision on.

But we have the offense initiated by Kobe, by Duhon, by Metta etc

We got so many people bringing the ball up the court turnovers WILL happen.

It's why we miss Nash AND why we miss Blake so much right now.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#548 MysticBlu~

MysticBlu~

Rookie

• 948 posts
  • Name:Jennie
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted December 09, 2012 - 09:35 PM

If we can't work on our defense...we def are going to be losing way more games smh. They need to get it together.

#549 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,732 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted December 09, 2012 - 10:35 PM

9-12, terrible team.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#550 klaasified

klaasified

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted December 10, 2012 - 03:05 AM

I kind of like watching the Lakers struggle. When things go bad, it can only get better. Keep your heads up Lakers fans. :beers2:

#551 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,372 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted December 10, 2012 - 05:16 AM

I saw us get beat up on the inside last night. As good as Jordan Hill played, he was not big enough to handle the Center position.We also had problems with transition defense AGAIN. If we do not become more athletic at the wing positions we will continue to struggle. Steve Nash is only going to help so much when he comes back. Only time, practice, defensive buy-in and health are going to save this season

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users