14 replies to this topic

#1 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,372 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted December 09, 2012 - 04:57 AM

Nation; I'd like to get your opinion of players who were good or above average before they came to LA, then after they came, they sucked. ie Troy Murphy. It seemed this happend more when Phil and Kobe were together but go back as many years as you want...This should be interesting

#2 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,732 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 09, 2012 - 05:04 AM

Troy Murphy wasn't that bad. He shot 41.8% from 3-point range last season with the Lakers. He was terrible defensively, we all knew that though.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#3 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,312 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted December 09, 2012 - 06:33 AM

Ron Artest. But he has been playing a lot better ball this season.

#4 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,190 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted December 09, 2012 - 08:26 AM

Bad players can look good on bad teams and worse on good teams and vice versa. You also watch every lakers game. I'm sure if you watched every raptors game you'd notice some huge holes in their players games. Grass is always greener, etc.

#5 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Black Lagoon

• 8,470 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 09:46 AM

Antawn Jamison is picking it up.

I will say Jason Kapono was terrible considering he was a good 3-point shooter before, lol.

MMiRi9s.png

#6 Thanatos

Thanatos

Rookie

• 1,239 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted December 09, 2012 - 11:20 AM

Bad players can look good on bad teams and worse on good teams and vice versa. You also watch every lakers game. I'm sure if you watched every raptors game you'd notice some huge holes in their players games. Grass is always greener, etc.

This. Players don't look as good when you watch them every game and notice their flaws.

Antawn Jamison is picking it up.

I will say Jason Kapono was terrible considering he was a good 3-point shooter before, lol.

At that point Kapono was a shooter in reputation only. The Lakers only picked him up because he was cheap and they desperately needed shooting. But by that time he was like cat food in the discount section at the 33 cent store.
Posted Image

#7 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,520 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted December 09, 2012 - 11:45 AM

You have to realize that it works both ways. Fore example Shannon Brown and Trevor Ariza. Two unknown bench warmers who just couldn't catch a break their entire careers until Phil gave them a chance and they both shined.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#8 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,777 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 09, 2012 - 12:20 PM

Missing the most important part of the offense...an offense which inflates role players values and accentuates their strengths.

Without Steve Nash, none of this matters. This is a POINT GUARD driven offense. Without THE point guard, it might as well be the "Princeton".

Calm down people. The real season starts when Nash returns.

#9 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,520 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted December 09, 2012 - 01:12 PM

Missing the most important part of the offense...an offense which inflates role players values and accentuates their strengths.

Without Steve Nash, none of this matters. This is a POINT GUARD driven offense. Without THE point guard, it might as well be the "Princeton".

Calm down people. The real season starts when Nash returns.

AMEN!!!
Obviously Steve Nash isn't a Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook, or Deron Williams at this point in his career but he is just as important to this team as any of the top PGs are to their respected teams/

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#10 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,372 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 07:35 PM

Vladimir Radmonovic!!!

Isaiah Rider!!

#11 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,372 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 07:39 PM

This. Players don't look as good when you watch them every game and notice their flaws.

At that point Kapono was a shooter in reputation only. The Lakers only picked him up because he was cheap and they desperately needed shooting. But by that time he was like cat food in the discount section at the 33 cent store.

Kapono!! Now that was a good one!! I think he led the league in three point shooting a year or two before he played under Phil in LA

#12 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted December 09, 2012 - 11:27 PM

I think complacency is a huge issue for non-stars that come to LA. They feel that the light on Kobe and others (now Howard) means they can relax a bit and in reality the team needs every bit of the opposite. Also, I do feel like Kobe has the opposite effect Jordan had at times where he brought out the best in players, Kobe tends to bring out the worst sometimes. He is a hard teammate to have for multiple reasons: Ball dominant, extremely critical and scrutinizing. When you combine those with someone who has the talent and skillset Kobe has (not even Jordan has Kobe's array of potency), it can cook up a disaster for role players who get lost dumping the ball to Kobe for fear of being blamed.

Edited by Calisupra2nr, December 09, 2012 - 11:27 PM.

#13 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,372 posts

Posted December 19, 2012 - 04:58 AM

All I have to say is Sessions last night

#14 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted December 19, 2012 - 07:00 AM

he played great for the majority of his regular season stint for us..mike browns system was horrible for him,too. i cant wait to see steve nash play,,,so i can get sessions speed out of my mind(very good passer too,great finisher),,,hed be great for this system..

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#15 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,699 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 19, 2012 - 07:23 AM

Same Sessions he was in LA before deandre jordan jacked up his shoulder.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users