2799 replies to this topic

#501 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,567 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted September 28, 2013 - 03:25 PM

Kobe stans were hating Lebron before the Decision. 

you seem to hate kobe bryant

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#502 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 489 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted September 28, 2013 - 04:10 PM

I thought people hated Lebron for disloyalty. 

Thats what I don't understand. People say he betrayed Cleveland because he moved to Miami. He gave Cleveland 7 years and the best supporting cast they gave him was Mo Williams.

If LeBron leaving Cleveland is considered a disloyal move then any working person who decided to switch company or quit their job to try  something else should also be considered a traitor.

#503 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,245 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 04:11 PM

I do not hate LeBron. I just hate the Heat and all the media hype he gets.

Edited by Admiral General Aladeen, September 28, 2013 - 04:12 PM.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#504 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,046 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted September 28, 2013 - 04:37 PM

Thats what I don't understand. People say he betrayed Cleveland because he moved to Miami. He gave Cleveland 7 years and the best supporting cast they gave him was Mo Williams.

If LeBron leaving Cleveland is considered a disloyal move then any working person who decided to switch company or quit their job to try  something else should also be considered a traitor.

Well a majority were simply put off by "the Decision" being aired, simple as that. The people that disliked his actual leaving where the immediate Cleveland base mostly.

To be fair your leaving a company argument is a little flawed, nowadays loyalty is rare but it exists in certain companies. If your boss or recruiting staff has helped you along the way, and you leave for a higher paying job before actually 'paying off your dues' then yes I'd say you betrayed the company that lifted you up, whether it be through education or financially.

#505 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,824 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 28, 2013 - 06:05 PM

Sigh.......nevermind

you seem to hate kobe bryant

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#506 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,482 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted September 28, 2013 - 06:16 PM

Kobe fans don't like LeBron bc they remind him of the anti Kobe.

He gets tons of credit for passing and averages 1.5 more dimes.

All that size but 2.5 more boards.

And froze in a ton of clutch situations. Scared to join the Dunk Contest. Go back to their regular lives comment. Etc.

#507 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted September 28, 2013 - 06:27 PM

Lebron is fine

Now Lebron fans...

Pau Gasol is GONE

• 40,603 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 11:00 PM

Cons
Media hype
Pressure to win more than ever
Athletic game on back end of athletic prime
Big strong guys can break down earlier

How could you forget flopping?

That's the biggest gripe I have with him by far. It is simply embarrassing for anyone to flop, but especially the face of the league and a man of his size & strength even having done it before with smaller players. It's a disgrace to the game of basketball.

yo.

#509 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,567 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 11:32 PM

Lebron is fine

Now Lebron fans...

This. Can't stand them.

Knicks fans are really bad too

Edited by Ham, September 28, 2013 - 11:32 PM.

#510 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,482 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted September 29, 2013 - 06:59 AM

Flopping is okay, when used in small doses.

It's a game. Habitual flopping is the worst.
Chris Paul and Harden are horrible. Blake G is bad and so is Bron.
I like when players like Noah flop though. Or Sasha. Or Rodman. Even Artesf. I like craftiness from certain types of defenders.

#511 LakersAllDay77

LakersAllDay77

Rookie

• 1,006 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Fisher

Posted September 29, 2013 - 07:03 AM

Lebron stans are the worst, just go look at insidehoops, it's disgusting.

#512 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,824 posts

Posted September 29, 2013 - 09:47 AM

Anybody that is a stan of ANY player is annoying.  Im a Lakers and Kobe fan and a fan first of the game of basketball so I enjoy Lebron but not really a fan sort of speak.  I mean I don't care much about any of them outside of the hardwood so I may not even really be a fan of anyone TBH.

Lebron stans are the worst, just go look at insidehoops, it's disgusting.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#513 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,225 posts
  • Name:Juan
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 29, 2013 - 09:58 AM

Kobe has never been praised by the media like lebron has. That is annoying. But you can't knock lebron he's one of the all time greats.

#514 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,883 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 29, 2013 - 10:26 AM

Come on anybody but not lebron, lakers would be a bandwagon nation or flopnation if that gorilla came here, beating lebrick was a great accomplish. If he came here, there's no more challenging game in this game.

I hate lebrick but I love beating him with this team !

33bkfif.jpg

#515 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

King of Hearts

• 1,462 posts
  • Name:Dilan
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted September 29, 2013 - 11:51 AM

Come on anybody but not lebron, lakers would be a bandwagon nation or flopnation if that gorilla came here, beating lebrick was a great accomplish. If he came here, there's no more challenging game in this game.

I hate lebrick but I love beating him with this team !

You're just as bad as LeBron stans  :clap2:

Edited by Harry Styles, September 29, 2013 - 11:51 AM.

#516 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,352 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Swaggy P, J-Chill, K-Butta

Posted September 29, 2013 - 12:00 PM

There is a ton of Laker fans who don't want him lol

EyMlHkX.jpg

#517 LakersAllDay77

LakersAllDay77

Rookie

• 1,006 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Fisher

Posted September 29, 2013 - 03:25 PM

Anybody that is a stan of ANY player is annoying. Im a Lakers and Kobe fan and a fan first of the game of basketball so I enjoy Lebron but not really a fan sort of speak. I mean I don't care much about any of them outside of the hardwood so I may not even really be a fan of anyone TBH.

I'm a fan of basketball as well, I watch a lot of it when it's on and play pretty much every other day, so I can recognize greatness when I see it. I know lebron is great, but I do not appreciate how many calls he gets and how much he flops when he is so athletically gifted.

I also appreciate Kobe very much because I first really got into bball when he was just getting into the league. So I kinda feel like I've grown up watching him evolve into the ball player he is today. I feel like sports media wants to phase out Kobe in favor of lebron because they followed him since he was in high school and they have storylines to fufill and he is the latest and greatest.

So in closing, I know lebron is great, but I would like Kobe to get some shine, as his star dims in these last years and fades out as one of the greatest ever to lace them up.

Edited by LakersAllDay77, September 29, 2013 - 03:28 PM.

#518 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,824 posts

Posted September 29, 2013 - 08:35 PM

Kobe gets and has had plenty of shine.  I don't get this whole thing about Kobe not being appreciated.  When Kobe was dropping 81 pts and putting up crazy numbers and even up to the point they won the 2nd Finals b2b the media was all on his jock.  Its when they lost horribly in Dallas and the Big 3 emerged is when the shift really happened. 

#519 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,567 posts

Posted September 29, 2013 - 08:42 PM

lol not really that was like 2-3 years/17?

Half of his career the media pointed him as a shadow of shaq, 2004 rape drama, then he went haywire in 2006 and people started respecting him, then he couldn't win without shaq and he was getting too old, now he's too old.

The media has went at Kobe with everything.

Lebron had hype in the media all of his years in Cleveland and post Dallas championship. There was one year where he had all the hate and that was pretty short.

Edited by Ham, September 29, 2013 - 08:43 PM.

#520 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,824 posts

Posted September 29, 2013 - 09:23 PM

Ok and? What is the media supposed to do?  I feel Kobe was robbed of an MVP in 06 but still he's gotten his recognition.  Does it bother you that much that the media dick rides Lebron?  If so then maybe you take this sports thing to serious.  Kobe's place in history is set and its pretty high.  He ranges from #2 to 10 on the all time list depending on who you talk to.  What more does he need?

It's all about PERCEPTION.  This is how it works.  If you are a Kobe fan you feel the hate from people if you hate him you think everyone dickrides him and he's overrated.  Don't even think about being objective about him.  Both sides hate you then.  Kobe is probably the most loved and hated on player.  Lebron is up there as well.  Some people just choose to love bball and have their favs like me. 

lol not really that was like 2-3 years/17?

Half of his career the media pointed him as a shadow of shaq, 2004 rape drama, then he went haywire in 2006 and people started respecting him, then he couldn't win without shaq and he was getting too old, now he's too old.

The media has went at Kobe with everything.

Lebron had hype in the media all of his years in Cleveland and post Dallas championship. There was one year where he had all the hate and that was pretty short.

Edited by Jody Smokes, September 29, 2013 - 09:25 PM.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1), Ace