ap1.png

#482 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,494 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted September 28, 2013 - 06:33 AM

If they didnt fire him for D12 they sure as hell aint firing him for the likes of Carmelo Anthony

lol i mean he didn't have a reason to be fired last year. after he sucks this year, he'll be gone.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#483 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,369 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 28, 2013 - 08:17 AM

If they didnt fire him for D12 they sure as hell aint firing him for the likes of Carmelo Anthony

Different situation. And unlike Dwight, Melo actually has had issues with D'Antoni in the past. 

#484 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,741 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted September 28, 2013 - 08:23 AM

LeBron a Laker

Pros

Best player on Earth, liked by his peers

Cons
Media hype
Pressure to win more than ever
Athletic game on back end of athletic prime
Big strong guys can break down earlier

#485 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,504 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 28, 2013 - 08:38 AM

Let's address your cons. 

1. Lebron is the most popular player so the media hype is already there. 

2. More pressure?  I can't think of any player that has higher expectations than Lebron.  Kobe's was a bit different.  People doubted Kobe and he overcame.  People EXPECT and REQUIRE Lebron to win 5-6 rings regardless of the team he plays for before he retires.  So being a Laker isn't going to add to any pressure he already has. 

3. Lebron is extremely athletic but he's very skilled, maybe not as skilled as Kobe but overall the dude is more than just some machine that runs up and down the court jumping over people. 

4.  Who are these big strong guys that just break down?  You mean like actual big men like Centers?  Lebron is probably the best mold of the athletic big man and skilled wing.  This is a myth.  If anything athletic wings break down faster than big men.  Lebron will be fine.  Clearly takes care of himself and has expanded his game almost every year.  I expect him to be the best for the next 3-4 years. 

LeBron a Laker

Pros

Best player on Earth, liked by his peers

Cons
Media hype
Pressure to win more than ever
Athletic game on back end of athletic prime
Big strong guys can break down earlier

Edited by Jody Smokes, September 28, 2013 - 08:57 AM.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#486 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,095 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted September 28, 2013 - 09:23 AM

Let's just throw this out of the way, not maybe, he ISN'T as skilled as kobe.

BUT.

Obviously, Lebron is a highly skilled player.

ap1.png

#487 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,044 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 09:38 AM

The only way he is coming here is if he, Melo, and Kobe are planning on doing something "special." Other than that, forget it.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#488 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,494 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 10:56 AM

Just to put it out there. Lebron has loads of work to get to Kobe's skill level. Kobe is pure skill. That's the only reason he is what he is nowadays.

#489 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,504 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 11:33 AM

I don't think its necessary for him to be.  MJ wasnt as skilled as Kobe.  You maximize the gifts you have, try to stay healthy and ball out.  He's doing that obviously. 

Just to put it out there. Lebron has loads of work to get to Kobe's skill level. Kobe is pure skill. That's the only reason he is what he is nowadays.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#490 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,369 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 11:39 AM

I don't think its necessary for him to be.  MJ wasnt as skilled as Kobe.  You maximize the gifts you have, try to stay healthy and ball out.  He's doing that obviously. 

I agree. 

What is necessary though is for his skills to be utilized when he loses athleticism as he gets older.  That's where Kobe has reigned supreme in the league.  Consistent dominance because he continues to improve his craft. 

LeBron is dominant, there's no argument against that.  I've always wondered though what his game would be like as he gets older.  I never had to worry about that with Kobe.

#491 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 1,895 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted September 28, 2013 - 12:15 PM

I agree. 

What is necessary though is for his skills to be utilized when he loses athleticism as he gets older.  That's where Kobe has reigned supreme in the league.  Consistent dominance because he continues to improve his craft. 

LeBron is dominant, there's no argument against that.  I've always wondered though what his game would be like as he gets older.  I never had to worry about that with Kobe.

Well...clearly Lebron 's more likely to be a better rebounder and assist man. And he seems one of the few GREAT players in the league--and league history-- that improves year to year even when already great and winning championships. Very exclusive club--perhaps the most exclusive club, maybe 7 guys in the last 20 years or so?

Edited by kball, September 28, 2013 - 12:17 PM.

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick!, 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!)

#492 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,494 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 12:58 PM

We'll find out in four years. 

#493 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,698 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted September 28, 2013 - 01:14 PM

exactly. people (Laker fans specially!) are so quick to point out that LBJs game is highly predicated on his physical attributes rather then skill... and hate on him for it.

it doesn't make sense considering we had Shaq who, aside from a little jump hook, mostly relied on his physical advantage over people, but of course nobody has a problem with star players on the home team.

i still don't get why Laker fans hate on LBJ, insecurity about Kobe and his legacy maybe? it don't make sense. i say enjoy LBJ and the entertaining as [expletive] form of basketball he plays before he gets too old to appreciate it. 

2div

#494 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,116 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 28, 2013 - 01:18 PM

exactly. people (Laker fans specially!) are so quick to point out that LBJs game is highly predicated on his physical attributes rather then skill... and hate on him for it.

it doesn't make sense considering we had Shaq who, aside from a little jump hook, mostly relied on his physical advantage over people, but of course nobody has a problem with star players on the home team.

i still don't get why Laker fans hate on LBJ, insecurity about Kobe and his legacy maybe? it don't make sense. i say enjoy LBJ and the entertaining as [expletive] form of basketball he plays before he gets too old to appreciate it. 

Yep and eventually we got tired of him relying only on his athleticism and lacking on expanding his game OR coming in shape as he was entering the twilight of his career. 

Shaq's run was probably one of the greatest runs an individual could go on, problem is, it should have been longer.  Shaq could have been the GOAT if he had Kobe's work ethic. 

But he stopped working as hard after that first championship but at the same time didn't want to give the team to Kobe despite the fact it was his and he worked for it.

If LeBron relied solely on his athleticism even in the twilight of his career rather than expanding his game and skills, we'd get tired of it the same way we did with Shaq. 

But one of the reasons it was easier to notice with Shaq was because we had another guy on the squad busting his butt every second and taking over the team at the same time Shaq started slacking ;)

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#495 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,369 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 01:23 PM

That's exactly why fans hate on him.  But it's those same fans that are not fans of the game, just strictly Lakers and Kobe, sometimes just Kobe.

Some see it as "I'm a Lakers fan, we are the best, everyone else sucks."

#496 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,494 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 01:25 PM

I thought people hated Lebron for disloyalty. 

#497 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,741 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted September 28, 2013 - 01:43 PM

Shaq and LeAbron are the same to me.

LeBron is Great as was Shaq

But Shaq in 2000( his best year) was down double digits in the WCF
And fouled out of Game 4 of the Finals.

If he was as great as people remember how did he get in those situations and why did KB bail him out.

Swept in his first Finals.
Like LeBron.
Bailed out by Wade in Game 3 of the 05 Finals.

And the biggest games of the playoffs, who was Miami's heart and soul? On one knee.

After having Kobe and all that encompasses, I don't want LN to be ran by Bron Bron.

#498 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,504 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 01:44 PM

Kobe stans were hating Lebron before the Decision. 

I thought people hated Lebron for disloyalty. 

#499 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,504 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 01:45 PM

Sad to say thats about 95 percent of this board you just described. 

That's exactly why fans hate on him.  But it's those same fans that are not fans of the game, just strictly Lakers and Kobe, sometimes just Kobe.

Some see it as "I'm a Lakers fan, we are the best, everyone else sucks."

#500 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,492 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:Since i was born
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman and Kobe Bryant

Posted September 28, 2013 - 02:39 PM

Then again, if the Lakers get Melo, MDA is gone. *starts doing the oompa loompa*

please please please

Posted Image

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users