#461 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,111 posts
  • Name:Juan
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 14, 2013 - 07:42 PM

I'll be happy if they get a luol deng and more bench pieces in 2014 then love and rondo in 2015. So come 2015 you have a team of rondo Kobe deng love Pau. I know it's a stretch. But I'd much rather have that team then Kobe Pau melo. Just my opinion

#462 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,644 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 15, 2013 - 10:47 AM

A team Defensive C (bogut assuming he's healthy), Love, Deng, Kobe (assuming he's healthy and elite) and Rondo would be a good team but not sure how they can win a ring.  I don't dislike the idea of Melo because he can turn up when needed.  Melo is a guy that needs a strong PG to control the offense if not things can get out of hand and a defensive C to cover for him at the 4, backup PF that can play D when he moves to the 3.  

I like Defensive C (Bogut?), Melo, ? , Kobe and Rondo for the 2015 year.  Not sure they can pull Deng into that. 

I'll be happy if they get a luol deng and more bench pieces in 2014 then love and rondo in 2015. So come 2015 you have a team of rondo Kobe deng love Pau. I know it's a stretch. But I'd much rather have that team then Kobe Pau melo. Just my opinion

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#463 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,644 posts

Posted September 15, 2013 - 11:12 AM

For the record I never agreed directly with the baseless assertions the writer made but I do believe the bigger picture is that this giant splash we are going to make is fantasy.  If it happens its going to be purely based on what decisions the players are going to make and very little with the front office "getting it right". 

1.  I do believe prime stars will want to avoid LA if Kobe still feels like he is the best player and leader.  Stars have egos, its only common sense to NOT to want to compete with the celebrity that is Kobe.  Outside of Lebron if you step on a team with Kobe you automatically become the target for why the team isn't winning, and you no longer get the praise for the wins and the crown of the team.  Guys in their prime want what Kobe wants.  If Kobe was willing to WANT to part ways with Shaq for the very reason of being the man and winning as the sole leader then what makes guys think Melo doesn't want that?  Lebron has sort of stepped into that by luck with Wade not being an elite player anymore. 

2.  Ramon Sessions left because of not wanting to be traded if the Lakers had a deal on the horizon from what I believe, but I do believe he left b/c Mike Brown pretty much tried to turn him into Derek Fisher 2.0 and thats just not his game.  Sessions and Barnes put up something like 23ppg between each other the time they let Sesh ride the bench.  That should have been his role.  Could have easily retained him and picked up Nash

3. Pau has played poorly but not all because of his lack of ability.  2011 Pau just [expletive]ed out but 2012 he was completely taken out of the games against OKC specifically, by Mike Brown and Kobe.  In turn his personality and his style of play allows him to retreat into a passive mode.  

4. 2014 is a rebuild year like it or not, and unless guys are plotting to gang up and leave to join LA together (Melo and LBJ) no one guy is going to sign up to play in LA just to look for them to go after guys in 2015 or 16. 

Lakers are going to have to make some hard decisions and so will Kobe and Pau.

No, because it's baseless and the arguments it tries to make are moronic.

That article already had a thread here and it was torn apart for the argument being baseless.

Even if people agreed about the Lakers season, the REASONS and argument the guy tried to make were baseless and stupid.

It doesn't have to be pro-Laker as long as the argument has a base and makes sense, but that article is just pulled from the rear.  

That's basically what that article is.

And it was torn apart thoroughly when 'coincidentally'  Jody posted the same thing as Harry..

http://lakernation.c...-lakers-future/

it was thoroughly torn apart here and as you can tell from the knoeledgable posts, most didn't tear it down cause it wasn't "pro-Laker" they tore it down because a badly written and baseless article with terrible arguments or 'facts why'.

Simple as that really.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#464 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 466 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted September 15, 2013 - 04:29 PM

Carmelo doesn't have an issue in a lesser role.

I've been missing out lately. Can I get the link to this? If Carmelo doesn't have problem playing lesser role then that'd be a great news.

#465 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,694 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 15, 2013 - 05:04 PM

I've been missing out lately. Can I get the link to this? If Carmelo doesn't have problem playing lesser role then that'd be a great news.

Long as he's playing with Kobe.

Kobe and Melo have talked countless times about how they already formulated how to play together and how they'd use one another.  Carmelo and Kobe both find humor in that people don't think they could play together so they set out to prove they could at both Olympics and already know what they'd do if they were on a team together.

I shouldn't say lesser role, but I will say he wouldn't mind having the ball in his hands less and being set up for wide open shots.

At the end of the day Carmelo Anthony is at his best either on the block or as an off-ball scorer, not as an initiator for everyone else when the defense adjusts to him, nor as a team carrier.

Hence why he wouldn't mind playing with Kobe because he'd get open shots all game.

I do find it funny how when Carmelo has been asked if him and Kobe could play together Melo says "yes" but when asked if he and LeBron can play together he goes "um I mean...we did in the Olympics..."

It's getting to the point even his former teammates like Jason Kidd has even been teasing Carmelo about joining the Lakers at this point :laughing:

Here you go

13392660-mmmain.jpg

NEW YORK -- Carmelo Anthony can't avoid free agency talk, even from his friends.

He and Jason Kidd were posing for photographers at a Sept. 11 charity event Wednesday when Kidd, his former teammate and now the Brooklyn Nets' coach, asked Anthony if all the attention was for his announcement that he was going to Los Angeles.

If anyone else wants to bring up Anthony's status beyond this season, they'd better do it soon. Once the New York Knicks start practice, he stops the discussion.

"I'm not. I'm just not going to do it," he said. "I'm going to let everybody know the first day that I'm not going to talk about it. Hopefully you guys and your colleagues respect that, and that's it."

http://blog.syracuse...o_the_lake.html

Of course nothing is set in stone and if the Knicks find success this year or even make the conference finals or NBA finals Melo could stay.  But if they fail in the first or 2nd round again he's likely gone as they are 2 years away from being able to make any moves unfortunately and Melo isn't gonna carry that team to another second round exit after it happens again this year.

Edited by Majesty, September 15, 2013 - 05:05 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#466 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,545 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted September 26, 2013 - 03:02 PM

LeBron Doesn't Want To Go Back To Cold Winters

Sep 26, 2013 5:53 PM EDT

James_LeBron_mia_130731.jpg

“I miss the slower pace back home but have grown used to my new city’s little perks like fresh fish and sweet fruit,” said James. “It will definitely be someplace warm. I don’t want to go back to cold winters.”

The Los Angeles Lakers also could have enough cap space to sign James, though even those within the franchise believe it is a longshot.

Edited by Ham, September 26, 2013 - 03:31 PM.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

• 40,395 posts

Posted September 26, 2013 - 05:29 PM

^ Heard about that. VERY INTERESTING, lol.

yo.

#468 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,545 posts

Posted September 26, 2013 - 05:52 PM

^ Heard about that. VERY INTERESTING, lol.

I thought it sounded pretty stupid LOL

• 40,395 posts

Posted September 26, 2013 - 05:57 PM

^ Well yeah, pretty cheesy indeed, but I was just trying to point how a ton of people will run like crazy with that little info in speculation. I still don't think it means much for now. We're so far away from that time coming around. I don't believe much for now. A lot can happen and or a lot can change from now until then.

yo.

#470 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,545 posts

Posted September 26, 2013 - 06:07 PM

^ Well yeah, pretty cheesy indeed, but I was just trying to point how a ton of people will run like crazy with that little info in speculation. I still don't think it means much for now. We're so far away from that time coming around. I don't believe much for now. A lot can happen and or a lot can change from now until then.

Yeah, i know. I just put anything out on here that's basically Laker.

#471 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,694 posts

Posted September 26, 2013 - 06:35 PM

here let's see

LeBron quotes about a 2014 free agency  +/-
+ He wants to go to a place where winning championships is a tradition(his words)
+ He wants to go to a place of warm weather
-  He would like to stay in Miami..
+ But things happen(as in if we don't win this year and it doesn't look like we will for a few years to come I'll be looking elsewhere)

Edited by Majesty, September 26, 2013 - 06:35 PM.

#472 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,886 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 26, 2013 - 08:00 PM

It be crazy if we get LeBron...Rondo would be cool too....no Thanks to love though.

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#473 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,190 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 26, 2013 - 09:01 PM

Can't see Lebron coming to L.A. It will be fun to read all the "sources" though

Edited by FranklinPeanuts, September 26, 2013 - 09:01 PM.

Posted Image

#474 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,318 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 01:20 PM

lebron_melo_2_576.jpg

tumblr_mpzrm4k3xv1qe1pkvo1_500.gif

Edited by Chad, September 27, 2013 - 01:35 PM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#475 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,190 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 27, 2013 - 02:14 PM

Then again, if the Lakers get Melo, MDA is gone. *starts doing the oompa loompa*
Posted Image

#476 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,545 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 02:47 PM

lebron_melo_2_576.jpg

tumblr_mpzrm4k3xv1qe1pkvo1_500.gif

They look so perfect in Laker's uniforms  :woot: Imagine a team with Nash, Kobe, Melo, Lebron, Pau with a bench of Nick Young, Kaman, Wes Johnson, Blake, and Farmar 

Edited by Ham, September 27, 2013 - 02:49 PM.

#477 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,644 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 04:04 PM

If they didnt fire him for D12 they sure as hell aint firing him for the likes of Carmelo Anthony

Then again, if the Lakers get Melo, MDA is gone. *starts doing the oompa loompa*

#478 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,694 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 04:33 PM

They look so perfect in Laker's uniforms  :woot: Imagine a team with Nash, Kobe, Melo, Lebron, Pau with a bench of Nick Young, Kaman, Wes Johnson, Blake, and Farmar 

and Jordan Hill.

#479 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 466 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted September 27, 2013 - 05:47 PM

It be crazy if we get LeBron...Rondo would be cool too....no Thanks to love though.

I think I would rather have LeBron and Love instead of LeBron and Rondo. Cuz LeBron and Rondo are both ball dominant. I just think it would take more time for them to sync because its hard for 2 players who handles the ball 80% of the time in their career to share that job, but with Love he doesn't need the ball all the time to be effective which makes the development of the chemistry a lot easier.

• 40,395 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 06:57 PM

lebron_melo_2_576.jpg

Not gonna' lie, to me, that looks so weird, but hey, again at the end of the day, if we had those two guys somehow miraculously and won ballgames, that's all that matters man. Winning games for our purple & gold.

yo.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)