Photo

LeBron James Returning To Cleveland

• Please log in to reply
2794 replies to this topic

#441 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,054 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 02, 2013 - 02:42 PM

If you have Pau at the 5, Melo at the 4 and Kobe at the 2.  Where does your interior defense come from?  What caliber PG can they sign at that point?  Lowry maybe but he isnt going to terrorize PGs on in the backcourt.  What defensive guys are at the 3 that will be available? Any team built with Pau and Melo in the interior is going to be a messed defensively.  This isnt fantasy basketball man.  Think about the strategy of putting different types of players on a team does in the NBA not the Olympics.

Oh I dunno... we'd have 19 million to play around with and the very next year Nash is off the books when Rondo is a UFA.

I'm sure we could figure out something ;)

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#442 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,567 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted August 02, 2013 - 02:45 PM

Oh I dunno... we'd have 19 million to play around with and the very next year Nash is off the books when Rondo is a UFA.

:smh: Woah chill he's gonna use statistics to try and prove you wrong.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#443 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,912 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted August 02, 2013 - 02:48 PM

:smh: Woah chill he's gonna use statistics to try and prove you wrong.

:laughing:

Edited by LakeShow805, August 02, 2013 - 02:48 PM.

"No Justice. No Peace. Jail the Racist Police!"

#444 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,822 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 02, 2013 - 02:51 PM

Its a given we would have the flexibility man lol.  The problem is availability of players and how moves can be made.  Some moves are going to negate others.  LA would virtually have 0 assets so making trades will be very limited.  If LA is hellbent on Melo being a 4 then Kevin Love is out.  There aren't any good PGs in the 2014 class except Lowry but signing Lowry takes Rondo out of the picture. Rondo and Love are 2015 options which IMO and are a much better foundation for a team going foward and probably cheaper as well.  More and more you look at the 2014 FA class it looks like LA has to land Lebron to contend again in this era. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#445 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,567 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 02:59 PM

Its a given we would have the flexibility man lol.  The problem is availability of players and how moves can be made.  Some moves are going to negate others.  LA would virtually have 0 assets so making trades will be very limited.  If LA is hellbent on Melo being a 4 then Kevin Love is out.  There aren't any good PGs in the 2014 class except Lowry but signing Lowry takes Rondo out of the picture. Rondo and Love are 2015 options which IMO and are a much better foundation for a team going foward and probably cheaper as well.  More and more you look at the 2014 FA class it looks like LA has to land Lebron to contend again in this era. 

We'd have money for both years..

#446 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,054 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 03:00 PM

That's why Mitch came out and said basically "who says we're gonna use ALL our flexibility on the 2014 off-season? We gotta look beyond that to 2015 too. We don't have to use it all at once."

So I'm sure he has his eyes on Rondo for that scenario.  Dunno about Love, depends on how healthy he is, and in a way it depends on how healthy Rondo is too.

• 40,603 posts

Posted August 04, 2013 - 04:22 PM

yo.

#448 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,245 posts

Posted August 13, 2013 - 11:27 AM

We have the best basketball tool in all of basketball (Phil Jackson), and it pisses me off that we are not using him. If we want to make a splash in 2014 or 215 in free agency, Phil is not an option, it is a MUST. You can put Phil Jackson as the head coach in a losing division-one NCAA basketball school with no history what so ever, and I guarantee you that four and five star recruits will go there. 

It will be interesting to see how Miami will play out. The Pacers got much better by acquiring Scola to bolster their bench, they will get Danny Granger back from injury, and they will have another year of experience under their belt. The Bulls will be healthier, and their biggest star, Rose, will return. Do no sleep on Cleveland man. If they can stay healthy, I personally think they can make it to the second round of the playoffs. You know know with New York. Miami got worse by letting go of Mike Miller, who pretty much was crucial and saved them in the Finals. Will Bosh and Wade opt-out? Bosh has struggled lately, and Wade is banged-up. I personally think that LeBron is making Miami his home, and will recruit stars to join him and stay there.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

• 40,603 posts

Posted September 14, 2013 - 02:04 AM

Report: Lakers Don’t Believe They Can Sign LeBron In Free Agency

“Within the organization there isn’t a single person that believes we can bring LeBron aboard,” one source close to Lakers management said.

“I don’t know if we’ll get a star player,” Mitch Kupchak recently said.

“Ramon Sessions left the Lakers for the Charlotte Bobcats in free agency last offseason and sources with knowledge of his thinking say tricky Laker politics, where the blame tends to fall everywhere but with Bryant, was also on his mind.”

“Pau [Gasol] is a two-time champion and a five-time All-Star and he’s one of the most disrespected players ever,” notes one agent. “He gets bad press all the time.”

Read more at http://blacksportson...HxbiMtO4kl1P.99

yo.

#450 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,054 posts

Posted September 14, 2013 - 03:10 AM

Report: Lakers Don’t Believe They Can Sign LeBron In Free Agency

“Within the organization there isn’t a single person that believes we can bring LeBron aboard,” one source close to Lakers management said.

“I don’t know if we’ll get a star player,” Mitch Kupchak recently said.

“Ramon Sessions left the Lakers for the Charlotte Bobcats in free agency last offseason and sources with knowledge of his thinking say tricky Laker politics, where the blame tends to fall everywhere but with Bryant, was also on his mind.”

“Pau [Gasol] is a two-time champion and a five-time All-Star and he’s one of the most disrespected players ever,” notes one agent. “He gets bad press all the time.”

Read more at http://blacksportson...HxbiMtO4kl1P.99

Stopped right there.

#451 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,912 posts

Posted September 14, 2013 - 08:06 AM

Stopped right there.

obviously...its not pro-laker.

#452 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,736 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted September 14, 2013 - 08:12 AM

Don't think Lakers have a chance now that LeBron repeated.

#453 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

King of Hearts

• 1,462 posts
  • Name:Dilan
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted September 14, 2013 - 10:05 AM

Stopped right there.

You shouldn't have. Most of the things in that article made sense. Pau Gasol is constantly made the villain but Kobe is Jesus and does no wrong, no matter how obvious it is. That's annoying..

#454 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,912 posts

Posted September 14, 2013 - 10:10 AM

You shouldn't have. Most of the things in that article made sense. Pau Gasol is constantly made the villain but Kobe is Jesus and does no wrong, no matter how obvious it is. That's annoying..

look at Gasol's post season numbers that past 3 years and look at Kobe's.

Theres a reason why people hate on Pau....his production has dropped significantly.

#455 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,054 posts

Posted September 14, 2013 - 12:19 PM

The funny thing is.. Jody already posted the same article and had people tear it apart already.

#456 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,567 posts

Posted September 14, 2013 - 01:49 PM

:laughing: Windu attack!

#457 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,054 posts

Posted September 14, 2013 - 02:10 PM

obviously...its not pro-laker.

No, because it's baseless and the arguments it tries to make are moronic.

That article already had a thread here and it was torn apart for the argument being baseless.

Even if people agreed about the Lakers season, the REASONS and argument the guy tried to make were baseless and stupid.

It doesn't have to be pro-Laker as long as the argument has a base and makes sense, but that article is just pulled from the rear.  

That's basically what that article is.

And it was torn apart thoroughly when 'coincidentally'  Jody posted the same thing as Harry..

http://lakernation.c...-lakers-future/

it was thoroughly torn apart here and as you can tell from the knoeledgable posts, most didn't tear it down cause it wasn't "pro-Laker" they tore it down because a badly written and baseless article with terrible arguments or 'facts why'.

Simple as that really.

Edited by Majesty, September 14, 2013 - 02:10 PM.

#458 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

King of Hearts

• 1,462 posts

Posted September 14, 2013 - 02:47 PM

look at Gasol's post season numbers that past 3 years and look at Kobe's.

Theres a reason why people hate on Pau....his production has dropped significantly.

Trust me, Gasol is sucking ass right now. But he's not the only one. That's my problem. 

#459 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

King of Hearts

• 1,462 posts

Posted September 14, 2013 - 02:49 PM

The funny thing is.. Jody already posted the same article and had people tear it apart already.

I've been away awhile so I'm not up to date on things... :eh:

• 40,603 posts

Posted September 14, 2013 - 02:57 PM

:laughing: Windu attack!

Don't get him started. I've put him through enough for today. :laughing:

Just messin' with ya' du'..

yo.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (1)