2753 replies to this topic

#401 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted August 01, 2013 - 06:55 AM

Damn...if only this thread were still about discussing Lebron and the Lakers...

#402 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,553 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted August 01, 2013 - 09:35 AM

^Jody Smokes wanted to make it a Lebron vs. Kobe thread lmfao

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#403 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,729 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted August 01, 2013 - 09:37 AM

U lost man, its all good.  Nick Young would not make LA a better offense and I'm sticking to that.  Nick Young isnt a good iso player by any means.  Can he iso but so can plenty of guys with a decent handle on the ball.  Its all good.  Hope Young avg 20 this year and we get a top 5 pick.

You lost immediately after saying "Lebron has been a better shooter than Kobe for the last 3 years from almost every part of the floor."

I loled at how dumb that was.

#404 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,470 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 01, 2013 - 10:05 AM

If its so dumb then show me the stats of where it isn't true...

You lost immediately after saying "Lebron has been a better shooter than Kobe for the last 3 years from almost every part of the floor."

I loled at how dumb that was.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#405 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,470 posts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 10:11 AM

Stats are always valid when they prove something is in favor of Kobe, but when there is a stat that proves LBJ > Kobe in some category everyone wants to flame the messenger and act like im a fake Laker fan.  Been a Kobe fan for at least a decade and he will probably be my fav player of all time. 

I just asked for simple facts to be presented to refute the facts.  Maybe I'm dealing with kids I dont know.  Educate me.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#406 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,222 posts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 10:14 AM

0mUytvs.png

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#407 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,553 posts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 10:27 AM

SAS reporting Lebron would love to go to the Knicks in 2015. He also reported the Knicks said Carmelo could choose his own team in 2015, because the Knicks believe they will have everyone off the books. 

IMO, that's ludicrous because they would want to opt out the last year for more money. 

Then theres an idea coming up that if the Laker's somehow get Jabari and Wiggins, Lebron would consider to the Lakers, because they would be offering a present and a future.

Edited by Ham, August 01, 2013 - 10:30 AM.

#408 KSOR24

KSOR24

Rookie

• 747 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 01, 2013 - 10:36 AM

Actually thats not true.  Milwaukee was 21st in offensive efficiency and Jennings only avg 6 apg as a PG that plays 36MPG.  Nothing about Brandon Jennings is good outside of his ball handling skills but thats nothing to brag on when he's a poor floor decision maker.  You keep saying he was on a weak offensive team but exclude his part in why it is weak.  If CP3 had the weapons he had they would be a top 10 offense.  Ilyansova is a great shooter and decent scorer, Dunleavy was same, Ellis was ok but a quagmire on his own, and he had Redick.  The PG is usually the focal point and kick starter of a traditional offense.  Which is what they ran.  Maybe you should take a month out of the season and just watch other teams on a consistent basis.  Plenty of sites to stream from. 
Jennings offense is not ONLY predicated on his efficiency numbers, just like Kobe's isn't or Iverson or a number of players.

Not saying Jennings is Iverson, but he creates offense by penetrating and he's DAMN good at that. he is still on a weak offensive team in my estimation with the structure of the team, but I think you will see better numbers from him with at least having a Josh Smith and monroe to play off of at times.

What is this idiot arguing about? What is the point in saying Kobe had a pool of talent? What finals team that has actually won it didnt? Lol I could go off about your precious Michael Jordan who had just as much talent but I won't. Point is you need talent to win. Kobe needed it, LeBron needed it, I don't see how you're comparing the two in terms of winning. And to whoever was talking about Nick Young, no way in hell he plays alongside Kobe. They signed a guy who could create his own shot to be a 6th man, seeing as how their bench had no one who could create their own shot. It would be stupid to start him if Kobe is back because they both need the ball to be effective.

#409 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,729 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted August 01, 2013 - 10:47 AM

If its so dumb then show me the stats of where it isn't true...

stats can't show defensive pressure and how a defense is designed for certain players. Kobe commands much more defensive attention on his jumpers than LeBron. There is no stat to prove this. Watching the games of both players does though. You should start doing that.

#410 SDLakersfan24

SDLakersfan24

Rookie

• 180 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Worthy

Posted August 01, 2013 - 11:30 AM

Since you guys are talking about Kobe v. Lebron let me throw in my thoughts. Right now, which is Lebron's prime, the league in my opinion is very watered down and weak, whereas when Kobe was in his prime the league was at a higher level in my opinion. I mean just look at the Spurs this past year, the team that took Lebron and the heat to the brink is the same core group that the Lakers competed with 10 years ago in the playoffs, and they are still able to make it to the finals even though they are old and definitely past their prime. I think Lebron has had much easier competition which makes his stats look inflated. And to LakeShow's point I believe their are less defensive minded players in the league at this time.

Edited by SDLakersfan24, August 01, 2013 - 11:32 AM.

#411 Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Rookie

• 393 posts
  • Fan Since:@birth

Posted August 01, 2013 - 11:52 AM

If we're doing the KB vs LBJ argument, go watch that video of Kobe's 08-12 playoff highlights. It showcases a lot of technical skills that LBJ can't match. 

#412 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,222 posts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 12:24 PM

I think we should just rename the title of this thread..........

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#413 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 40,007 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 01, 2013 - 12:48 PM

SAS reporting Lebron would love to go to the Knicks in 2015. He also reported the Knicks said Carmelo could choose his own team in 2015, because the Knicks believe they will have everyone off the books. 

IMO, that's ludicrous because they would want to opt out the last year for more money. 

Then theres an idea coming up that if the Laker's somehow get Jabari and Wiggins, Lebron would consider to the Lakers, because they would be offering a present and a future.

It's ESPN pulling stories out of their butt as always.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#414 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,457 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted August 01, 2013 - 01:33 PM

You have the link to this

Posted Image

#415 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,317 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted August 01, 2013 - 01:52 PM

Hey Jody Smokes. You just embarrassing yourself bro. Just stop.  Your nose is up on Lebron's ass so much you ignore the facts and put your opinion as facts.   Ignoring people who said Lebron is not a great shooter and even get offended by that?. Even NBA analyst people would laugh at you when you say that. Nobody here is saying Lebron is not a better player than Kobe right now. Just because we point out the flaws that lebron has you accused us as a miopic Lakers fan?  Lebron doesn't have a post game.  Oh snap! Did I offend you bro?  I guess I have to say Lebron is the best post player in the world too huh? 

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#416 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,553 posts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 02:06 PM

You have the link to this

It was a radio thing and someone reported it tommy beer i think. the link is in his twitter.

#417 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,470 posts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 03:02 PM

Great way to steer the convo to something else.  I've clearly stated before that Im a Kobe fan to the core.  You can think what you want about Lebron.  It doesnt bother me but I won't argue against facts regardless of how I feel about Kobe.  Thats the difference between me and you. 

Hey Jody Smokes. You just embarrassing yourself bro. Just stop.  Your nose is up on Lebron's ass so much you ignore the facts and put your opinion as facts.   Ignoring people who said Lebron is not a great shooter and even get offended by that?. Even NBA analyst people would laugh at you when you say that. Nobody here is saying Lebron is not a better player than Kobe right now. Just because we point out the flaws that lebron has you accused us as a miopic Lakers fan?  Lebron doesn't have a post game.  Oh snap! Did I offend you bro?  I guess I have to say Lebron is the best post player in the world too huh? 

#418 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,470 posts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 03:08 PM

Pretty much.  Most of these stories are purely fan speculation that anyone can come up with.  It actually makes a lot of sense for guys to wait til 2015 to opt out.  All of their contracts come with player options for the 15-16 season they could decline.  The pressure is on the teams to hope these guys opt out not the players. 

I wouldnt sleep on the idea that Melo would opt out in 15 instead of 2014.  Hell, honestly I wouldnt care.  Melo isn't going to win a ring for LA if he's our best player anyway.

It's ESPN pulling stories out of their butt as always.

#419 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,553 posts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 04:11 PM

Lebron has an opt out in 2014 and 2015.

Melo has an opt out in only 2014. 

http://hoopshype.com...es/new_york.htm

IF lebron wants to team up with melo he wants to opt out in 2014.

Edited by Ham, August 01, 2013 - 04:12 PM.

#420 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,470 posts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 07:26 PM

I just think he has more sense than to team up with Melo.  He'd be better off trying to get guys like Deng and Bogut to ride with him.  Bogut, Bron and Deng is about the same price as Melo and Bron.  More than likely the former is the much better team as well.

Lebron has an opt out in 2014 and 2015.

Melo has an opt out in only 2014. 

http://hoopshype.com...es/new_york.htm

IF lebron wants to team up with melo he wants to opt out in 2014.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 1 anonymous users

Jackson