Klewfish

Reppin' LA on the East Coast

• 1,476 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:Game 4 of 2000 NBA Finals

Posted January 18, 2015 - 11:06 PM

Andrew Wiggins in January is averaging 

22 / 5.7 / 3.1 / 1.4 steals 

on 50% shooting 44% from three and 86% from the free throw line. Almost 50/40/90 on nearly 22/6/3 

First rookie to be putting up numbers that efficient of a month together in quite a while.  Closest has been Carmelo Anthony and Damian Lillard and none of them got to that point as early as January.   Lillard didn't hit that stride till March and Carmelo hit it in February and even then, Wiggins shot a higher percentage than both when they did.   If he can keep on this streak it will be something very worth talking about.    Closest has been Carmelo Anthony's February his rookie year when he put up 27/6/2 on 49% shooting and 42% from three and 805 from the free throw line. 

Just some food for thought. 

I went to a couple of Timberwolves games recently, and it's amazing to think what Wiggins could become. I say that because the thing I noticed most about him when he's on the court is his demeanor, I don't know how to explain it but he just doesn't seem to play with any intensity. He was too willing to let teammates dominate the ball when it should be in his hands, just moves around the court kind of lackadaisically or without purpose. I don't think he is lazy or unpassionate but something about his demeanor leaves you wanting more. But if he's putting up numbers like that, it's scary to think about what he could be if he had the persona to dominate.

Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

#2982 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 6,080 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted January 19, 2015 - 12:54 AM

LeBron has really stepped up on defense this year. It's amazing

iyjywo.jpg

#2983 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 42,459 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 19, 2015 - 01:57 AM

chill mode I guess...  =P 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#2984 stillshining

stillshining

Rookie

• 776 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted January 19, 2015 - 07:06 PM

Well in his defense it is Wesley Johnson, guy has shot more airballs from the corner than anyone I've seen.

Edited by stillshining, January 19, 2015 - 07:07 PM.

#2985 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 5,297 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 19, 2015 - 11:31 PM

He'll still get voted into one of the all-defensive teams. Just wait and see.

#2986 Чад

Чад

Kings

• 3,710 posts

Posted January 21, 2015 - 07:51 AM

I went to a couple of Timberwolves games recently, and it's amazing to think what Wiggins could become. I say that because the thing I noticed most about him when he's on the court is his demeanor, I don't know how to explain it but he just doesn't seem to play with any intensity. He was too willing to let teammates dominate the ball when it should be in his hands, just moves around the court kind of lackadaisically or without purpose. I don't think he is lazy or unpassionate but something about his demeanor leaves you wanting more. But if he's putting up numbers like that, it's scary to think about what he could be if he had the persona to dominate.

I watched them play the Suns, and I noticed the same thing.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#2987 Чад

Чад

Kings

• 3,710 posts

Posted January 21, 2015 - 09:32 PM

Cavs have two hard games coming up, but they are both at home. LeBron is back in beast mode putting this sorry team on his back. Nah, I wouldn't want him on the Lakers. 

#2988 username24

username24

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted January 21, 2015 - 11:45 PM

Cavs have two hard games coming up, but they are both at home. LeBron is back in beast mode putting this sorry team on his back. Nah, I wouldn't want him on the Lakers.

Goes to miami to "rehab" comes back and all of a sudden hes beasting like no tomorrow doing vintage lebron dunks again. Hmmmm something smells fishy and it aint the chicken

#2989 Чад

Чад

Kings

• 3,710 posts

Posted January 23, 2015 - 10:00 AM

Goes to miami to "rehab" comes back and all of a sudden hes beasting like no tomorrow doing vintage lebron dunks again. Hmmmm something smells fishy and it aint the chicken

Maybe Kobe should call for a shipment.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)