2777 replies to this topic

#2501 JDuggernaut

JDuggernaut

Rookie

• 69 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 12, 2014 - 02:52 PM

Technically LeBron is from Akron. Wonder why he didn't play for the Zips for a couple of seasons before going to the NBA since he's such a homebody.

#2502 Chick Stern

Chick Stern

Rookie

• 330 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Big 4: West/Kareem/Magic/Kobe

Posted July 12, 2014 - 03:13 PM

Don't you forget it :laughing:

So James is taking a two year deal so he could re-up and get a better deal. On top of this sources say he is fully committed long term to Clevland. Just like he was gonna win not one, not two, not three... Yet, he bolted right after they were no longer the best team in the league.

James is putting himself in the best position to win, and there is nothing wrong with that. Just don't parade yourself around as someone loyal and committed to a team. From your career decisions it is obvious you are out for yourself, and again nothing is wrong with that just don't act like your a stand up guy who is committed to something other than yourself.

Kareem's comments are GOLD (as usual)

http://time.com/2977...land-cavaliers/

"You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good."

--Jerry West

#2503 Azazello

Azazello

Sixth Man

• 3,519 posts

Posted July 12, 2014 - 05:10 PM

Lebron's retiring in Cleveland. The salary cap in 2016 could be near $80 million, allowing Lebron to re-sign for a deal averaging $30 million+. It's good business to sign a short term deal. Signing a four year deal would have Lebron playing for one hell of a bargain. 

Edited by Azazello, July 12, 2014 - 05:10 PM.

#2504 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,943 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001

Posted July 12, 2014 - 05:13 PM

^^ Talks of Kobe's contract breaking the bank and ruining a teams cap flexibility, a 30+ mil deal even in a 80 mil salary cap cripples a teams ability to add players.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#2505 Naismith

Naismith

Rookie

• 612 posts
  • Fan Since:1971
  • Fav. Laker:Cap

Posted July 12, 2014 - 05:25 PM

Kareem's comments are GOLD (as usual)

http://time.com/2977...land-cavaliers/

I'm glad to know I am in good company because I posted the same sentiments before Kareem even wrote his essay. It is theater and it is marketing and it is all about a megalomaniac proving that he is only loyal to himself. For those of you that called Me a hater and came up with all of this bs about my sentiments about Lebron. The big guy my favorite Laker said what I Said because it is obvious to more experienced eyes. Booyah!!

#2506 Naismith

Naismith

Rookie

• 612 posts
  • Fan Since:1971
  • Fav. Laker:Cap

Posted July 12, 2014 - 05:33 PM

Phony ass Heat and their fans have been a joke for  a long time. The first Jersey those tools retired was Jordan's. It does not get much cheesier than that move.  Mourning had to play second fiddle to a guy that never even played for the Heat.

Heat band-wagoners are officially leaving...the Heat twitter account has lost nearly 300,000 followers since LeBron's announcement.

#2507 Azazello

Azazello

Sixth Man

• 3,519 posts

Posted July 12, 2014 - 06:16 PM

^^ Talks of Kobe's contract breaking the bank and ruining a teams cap flexibility, a 30+ mil deal even in a 80 mil salary cap cripples a teams ability to add players.

They're positioning Lebron to have the option of signing a mega deal in two years, and maximize his career earnings. That's what a good agent is supposed to do. Lebron has usually traded max money for leverage and flexibility, dating back to his '06 contract extension with Cleveland. 

Edited by Azazello, July 12, 2014 - 06:16 PM.

#2508 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,943 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001

Posted July 12, 2014 - 06:26 PM

They're positioning Lebron to have the option of signing a mega deal in two years, and maximize his career earnings. That's what a good agent is supposed to do. Lebron has usually traded max money for leverage and flexibility, dating back to his '06 contract extension with Cleveland. 

Well considering he can make just as much off the court as he can on the court money really isn't what he is worried about. On top of this his agent is aware that money is not a problem for Bron, but the cut off a 30+ mil contract is a lot higher than one off 20 mil one that is why he is setting Bron up for such a mega deal lol

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#2509 Azazello

Azazello

Sixth Man

• 3,519 posts

Posted July 12, 2014 - 06:35 PM

Well considering he can make just as much off the court as he can on the court money really isn't what he is worried about. On top of this his agent is aware that money is not a problem for Bron, but the cut off a 30+ mil contract is a lot higher than one off 20 mil one that is why he is setting Bron up for such a mega deal lol

Absolutely, that's definitely a factor. My reason for commenting was to say he's not bolting to L.A. or New York once his contract is up, it's just to give him the option of cashing out with his final contract. 

#2510 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,175 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted July 13, 2014 - 06:23 AM

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#2511 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 489 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted July 13, 2014 - 08:11 AM

So do we hate on cleveland now instead of the Heat?

#2512 Julien

Julien

Rookie

• 1,235 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 13, 2014 - 08:43 AM

So do we hate on cleveland now instead of the Heat?

According to the ESPN theorem, only if they acquire another all star player. ^_^

#2513 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,176 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 13, 2014 - 10:21 AM

You know honestly if the Heat land Deng and Bledsoe(which they'll be going after) they would be a tough matchup for Cleveland

Bledsoe / Kyrie

Wade / Wiggins

Deng / LeBron

Bosh / Bennett

Center / Varajao

That's actually not an easy out for Cleveland. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

• 40,556 posts

Posted July 13, 2014 - 10:48 AM

BsYmgEaCAAAEEzU.jpg

yo.

#2515 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 489 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted July 13, 2014 - 04:16 PM

You know honestly if the Heat land Deng and Bledsoe(which they'll be going after) they would be a tough matchup for Cleveland

Bledsoe / Kyrie

Wade / Wiggins

Deng / LeBron

Bosh / Bennett

Center / Varajao

That's actually not an easy out for Cleveland. 

I don't think Bennett will start for Cleveland. Lol. Its probably gonna be Tristan Thompson.

Right now Bulls is the team to beat in East in my opinion. They just got Pau, Mirotic, and resigned hinrich.  Even if Rose can return to at least 80% of his MVP season I think they can beat the Pacers, Cavs, and Heat in 5.

#2516 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 9,056 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted July 14, 2014 - 09:53 PM

Damn dude, Bennet and Wiggins are gonna be on another level with LeBron coaching them. Cleveland has an amazing thing going for them if they find a way to keep everyone put.

#2517 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,815 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted July 14, 2014 - 10:35 PM

AB lost 20 pounds since the end of the season. He looks better.

If I'm Cleveland, I hold onto Wiggins cause playing with LeBron just multiples his potential by 10. He'll be better in Cleveland than he will anywhere else.

He's getting thrown right out into the starting lineup of a championship contender. This guy will be developing through the Eastern conference finals potentially. Can you imagine how wonderfully he could blossom if LeBron truly takes him under his wing?

Edited by Massacre, July 14, 2014 - 10:35 PM.

iyjywo.jpg

#2518 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,176 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 15, 2014 - 11:21 AM

AB lost 20 pounds since the end of the season. He looks better.

If I'm Cleveland, I hold onto Wiggins cause playing with LeBron just multiples his potential by 10. He'll be better in Cleveland than he will anywhere else.

He's getting thrown right out into the starting lineup of a championship contender. This guy will be developing through the Eastern conference finals potentially. Can you imagine how wonderfully he could blossom if LeBron truly takes him under his wing?

Not much Lebron can really teach him.  James game isn't really built around longevity, unless LeBron tells Wiggins he can teach him about weighing 270 pounds.  LeBron's game is a power game, not a lot of finesse which is what Wiggins game would have to be, his post game is effective because he can bulldoze people but its really not refined.

The best thing LeBron could likely teach him is about angles when driving to the basket, that would help him.  But as far as most of what LeBron's game is, it's based around him being that much bigger and that much stronger than who he's playing against and there's not much Wiggins can learn from that as he isn't going to be that.  More athletic yes but not bigger and stronger to the level.  

LeBron working with a guy like Stanley Johnson whom is already a 240 pound small forward coming out of high school and a genetic manchild is someone LeBron could work with or even a Julius Randle.  Wiggins is a completely different player entirely.   But he can instill knowledge on him that's for sure.  

It'd probably be better in terms of Wiggins development if he wound up on the "Hornets" and was tutored by Jordan(if he tutored him).  As that game is closer to what Wiggins can physically do. 

Edited by Majesty, July 15, 2014 - 11:29 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#2519 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,815 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted July 15, 2014 - 11:28 AM

Missed my point.

When I say take him under his wing, I'm referring to LeBron being a mentor for Wiggins, not a skills coach.
iyjywo.jpg

#2520 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,809 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 28, 2014 - 05:22 AM

so bron bron is going back to 23?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users