#201 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,079 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 11, 2013 - 03:20 PM

The way Melo plays and Kobe plays might not coinside with one another.

That's because of the position they're in on the teams they play for.

Kobe and Carmelo already took it upon themselves to prove they COULD play together in the Olympics and have done it in 2008 and 2012.   They know how to play together.  Both Kobe and Carmelo acknowledged there would be differences when they play together if it happened.   The way Carmelo plays on the Knicks isn't the way he'd play in LA.  It's been acknowledged by both of them so I think the greatest misconception is that Carmelo would play the same way here he did in New York.  Him and Kobe have already formulated how they'd play together.

First of all Kobe said he'd put Carmelo at the 4.  That was 2 years ago, and the Knicks still don't get it.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#202 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,293 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 12, 2013 - 06:12 AM

Don't worry guys/girls...I got this. I'll try my best recruiting LeBron. :) 

Broussard is a horrible source.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#203 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,325 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted July 12, 2013 - 06:27 AM

Why would any real Lakers fans want Lebron to join the team?

Wheres the pride in that?

Regardless yall are out of your damn minds if you think hes going anywhere.

Hes now a 2x Champ. Probably gonna be a 3x Champ before hes a FA.

Hes finally fulfilled and became his self created moniker of being "The King". And he didnt do it in a bucket city. Hes doing it on South Beach....lol. The publicity and endorsements havnt even begun yet. And hes everywhere...all the time. To the extreme where some LAL's fans want him to join. smh. Why the [expletive] would he leave that for even a slight risk of failure somewhere else?

#204 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,184 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted July 12, 2013 - 06:33 AM

Why would any real Lakers fans want Lebron to join the team?

Wheres the pride in that?

Regardless yall are out of your damn minds if you think hes going anywhere.

Hes now a 2x Champ. Probably gonna be a 3x Champ before hes a FA.

Hes finally fulfilled and became his self created moniker of being "The King". And he didnt do it in a bucket city. Hes doing it on South Beach....lol. The publicity and endorsements havnt even begun yet. And hes everywhere...all the time. To the extreme where some LAL's fans want him to join. smh. Why the [expletive] would he leave that for even a slight risk of failure somewhere else?

Because he is the best player in the league and the Lakers have a long tradition of stock piling championships by having the best player in the league play for their team.  Pretty basic.

#205 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,293 posts

Posted July 12, 2013 - 07:31 AM

So, we can't have LeBron, but you would take Durant?

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#206 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,280 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted July 12, 2013 - 07:38 AM

Because he is the best player in the league and the Lakers have a long tradition of stock piling championships by having the best player in the league play for their team.  Pretty basic.

Exactly this. Hate all the people saying, I don't want lebron in a lakers uni.

#207 JasonWll

JasonWll

Rookie

• 234 posts
  • Fan Since:Ever
  • Fav. Laker:Earvin Magic Johnson

Posted July 12, 2013 - 07:43 AM

I'd rather have Paul George or Melo.

Posted Image

#208 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 12, 2013 - 08:23 AM

If youre Lebron why would you leave Miami with Pat Riley at the helm to go join the Lakers to help Kobe pad his ring total lol makes no sense

Edited by MDI, July 12, 2013 - 08:24 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#209 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,325 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted July 12, 2013 - 09:19 AM

so basically the answer is "because were the Lakers".

smhidb

#210 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,103 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 12, 2013 - 09:32 AM

The man will opt.out to get another max deal. He will court other offers. See how next season goes and end up. Resigning because Pat Riley will bring in more pieces.to.keep the party going in Miami.
Posted Image

#211 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,477 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted July 12, 2013 - 09:34 AM

Anybody that wouldnt want the best player by far in Lebron in the game today on the Lakers or says something uber idiotic like "Id take Melo or PG over him" has pretty much exposed themselves as a Kobe stan and nothing else.  When did Lebron become a Laker nemesis? The Lakers have never ever faced a team Lebron was on for anything meaningful.

Some Kobe stans hate Lebron so much they wanted the Celtics to succeed in beating his team.  Exposed!!!

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#212 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,490 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted July 12, 2013 - 09:37 AM

as "real" laker fans we want the lakers to succeed. Lebron brings that... Smh. It's common sense...

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#213 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,477 posts

Posted July 12, 2013 - 09:38 AM

Thoughts like this are so crazy to me lol.  OKC washed the Lakers in the playoffs when we were our healthiest, but these fake Laker Kobe stans dont care about that they just dont want Lebron to prosper.  Even at the expense of the Lakers not getting him. 

So, we can't have LeBron, but you would take Durant?

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#214 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,325 posts

Posted July 12, 2013 - 10:29 AM

If your entire reasoning is because "were the Lakers" and your main rebuttal is "because of Kobe stans" then you lack any ability to even understand completed practical reasoning.

"​I don't want someone else's successful product on my store shelves. I want to develop, stock and sell my own product." ~James Naismith

Thats not complicated to understand is it?

#215 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,490 posts

Posted July 12, 2013 - 10:46 AM

If your entire reasoning is because "were the Lakers" and your main rebuttal is "because of Kobe stans" then you lack any ability to even understand completed practical reasoning.

"​I don't want someone else's successful product on my store shelves. I want to develop, stock and sell my own product." ~James Naismith

Yeah build your own product with no picks yeah makes so much sense. We're not done selling our "product" yet.

We have cleared up cap space for 2014 for a reason. The championship is the goal lol. Get off your high horse.

#216 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,477 posts

Posted July 12, 2013 - 10:50 AM

Your whole logic is nonsense.  Shaq wasnt already a boss before coming to the Lakers, Dwight was potentially one here.  Unless the Lakers are going to tank this next year and get a new franchise player then the statement you posted won't happen.  Even then you are looking at half a decade at least for them to build a team around a 19 year phenom. 

It's easier just to admit you don't like Lebron and don't want his legacy to compete or surpass Kobe's than to use irrational reasons why you wouldn't want him to sign in LA. 

#217 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,325 posts

Posted July 12, 2013 - 11:34 AM

Yeah build your own product with no picks yeah makes so much sense. We're not done selling our "product" yet.

We have cleared up cap space for 2014 for a reason. The championship is the goal lol. Get off your high horse.

Now I'm a hater, Kobe Stan on a high horse....lol. CMON MAAAAAN!

Your whole logic is nonsense.  Shaq wasnt already a boss before coming to the Lakers, Dwight was potentially one here.  Unless the Lakers are going to tank this next year and get a new franchise player then the statement you posted won't happen.  Even then you are looking at half a decade at least for them to build a team around a 19 year phenom. 

It's easier just to admit you don't like Lebron and don't want his legacy to compete or surpass Kobe's than to use irrational reasons why you wouldn't want him to sign in LA. 

BINGO. If you read my other posts thats what we should do.
http://lakernation.c...6-reset-button/
And Ive been suggesting it since Kobes injury. Thats the process we should follow. Not half hearted attempts to keep a sinking ship (current roster) afloat.
We wouldn't actually be competing. We'd be pretending. We'd be avoiding inevitable mediocrity.
Usually you need to take a few steps back before you move forward. This is now. Im willing to trade the next 4-5 years for our next franchise player.

#218 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,490 posts

Posted July 12, 2013 - 02:07 PM

Now I'm a hater, Kobe Stan on a high horse....lol. CMON MAAAAAN!

BINGO. If you read my other posts thats what we should do.
http://lakernation.c...6-reset-button/
And Ive been suggesting it since Kobes injury. Thats the process we should follow. Not half hearted attempts to keep a sinking ship (current roster) afloat.
We wouldn't actually be competing. We'd be pretending. We'd be avoiding inevitable mediocrity.
Usually you need to take a few steps back before you move forward. This is now. Im willing to trade the next 4-5 years for our next franchise player.

I'm not a kobe stan lmfao stop assuming [expletive]. i've loved this team. there's a difference from supporting a player and being a "stan." If I was such a Kobe stan as you assume, i wouldn't suggest going for lebron as it would shoot up his legacy. but clearly idgaf. i want to see this team win. use your [expletive]ing head. 

If you want a team to tank go watch the raptors or the wizards. You won't get that from the Lakers organization. have fun. 

#219 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,079 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 12, 2013 - 02:15 PM

If youre Lebron why would you leave Miami with Pat Riley at the helm to go join the Lakers to help Kobe pad his ring total lol makes no sense

Lebron would be padding his ring total too. So what if Kobe retired with seven rings and lebron had 4 upon Kobe's retirement? He'd be 2 away from MJ and him and Melo + Wall or such could do that. So it wouldn't be darning. Just means more championships for the Lakers as a whole.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#220 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,325 posts

Posted July 12, 2013 - 03:22 PM

I'm not a kobe stan lmfao stop assuming [expletive]. i've loved this team. there's a difference from supporting a player and being a "stan." If I was such a Kobe stan as you assume, i wouldn't suggest going for lebron as it would shoot up his legacy. but clearly idgaf. i want to see this team win. use your [expletive]ing head. 

If you want a team to tank go watch the raptors or the wizards. You won't get that from the Lakers organization. have fun. 

? I didn't and wouldn't call u or any1 for that matter a "Kobe Stan". Honestly I don't see how being a supporter of the best to play the game deserves insult and names.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users