9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#182 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 08, 2013 - 11:25 AM

2014 plan was supposed to use Dwight to lure in stars. Thats why they gave up all those picks to get him and Nash because they thought they'd have Dwight as the anchor through this. WELP

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#183 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,040 posts

Posted July 08, 2013 - 11:28 AM

2014 plan was supposed to use Dwight to lure in stars. Thats why they gave up all those picks to get him and Nash because they thought they'd have Dwight as the anchor through this. WELP

That's why we need to tank next season. This draft has stars. We need to try to trade all our talent to potential lottery bound teams and hope they suck and get top 10 pick.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#184 DameC24

DameC24

16!

• 535 posts
  • Name:Dame
  • Fan Since:When I seen my first Laker game on CBS
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Magic

Posted July 09, 2013 - 02:44 PM

No tanking. I hate that word when it comes to team sports. Play the games in front of you, and if you win, you win. If you lose, you lose. I seriously doubt the team will tank with Kobe on the roster. That's not like him. While I think this will be the year for a sub .500 record, I seriously think this team will tank it away. 

#185 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,068 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted July 09, 2013 - 05:23 PM

Nice pipe dream thinking Lebron will come to the Lakers.  I don't understand how everybody forgets about the front office of the heat. Last I check Pat Riley is still there. You seriously think Riley will just let Lebron walk away and not do anything of his power to keep him? You guys just think that Miami have no way to finding a way to get better players around Lebron? I think Lebron respects Riley more than Jim buss. Who will recruit Lebron from the Lakers? Kobe? And God help us Mike D Antoni if for some strange reason he is still here?  There are more reasons for Lebron to go back to Cleveland than to the Lakers. I just dont think Lebron will go anywhere. He might do a D12 and work the system just to feed his ego but he will take that option from the heat and Pat Riley will do what it takes to put players around him. 

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#186 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,068 posts

Posted July 09, 2013 - 05:32 PM

0.01% chance of prying Lebron away. Only chance of it happening if Heat really fall apart this coming year which is very unlikely, they have a bigger chance of 3 peating than falling apart really. 

If Miami had lost this year in the Finals I would say our chances had increased to 5-10% but now, back to 0.01% chance. His got 2 championships in 3 years while in Miami, why Leave? 

Even if the Heat lose next year and it is most likely they wont threepeat, Lebron will still stay in South Beach. The west is really strong and the Heat was lucky to win this year.  Yes the lakers will try to recruit Lebron but even the Lakers know they have very little chance to. Lakers fans keep on having this miopic thinking that for some miracle reason Phil Jackson will be coaching the lakers in 2014 and Lebron will just fall in love with Phil.  So is MDA a lamn duck coach? Sorry to break this to you but Jim Buss loves MDA and never think he is a lamn duck coach. Jim Buss preying to keep MDA until his contract is over. Might even give him an extension just to shove it up our asses.  We need to use the cap room and get a bunch of good players and hopefully get Paul George or some good allstars.  We have a better chance of getting Mello than Lebron and the idea of having Melo kind of makes me want to throw up.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#187 citr92

citr92

Rookie

• 447 posts
  • Name:Cody
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted July 09, 2013 - 05:41 PM

no lebron

#188 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,079 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 09, 2013 - 05:58 PM

Even if the Heat lose next year and it is most likely they wont threepeat, Lebron will still stay in South Beach. The west is really strong and the Heat was lucky to win this year.  Yes the lakers will try to recruit Lebron but even the Lakers know they have very little chance to. Lakers fans keep on having this miopic thinking that for some miracle reason Phil Jackson will be coaching the lakers in 2014 and Lebron will just fall in love with Phil.  So is MDA a lamn duck coach? Sorry to break this to you but Jim Buss loves MDA and never think he is a lamn duck coach. Jim Buss preying to keep MDA until his contract is over. Might even give him an extension just to shove it up our asses.  We need to use the cap room and get a bunch of good players and hopefully get Paul George or some good allstars.  We have a better chance of getting Mello than Lebron and the idea of having Melo kind of makes me want to throw up.

Having the best pure scorer in the league off-ball to Kobe Bryant makes you want to throw up?

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#189 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,293 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 09, 2013 - 06:02 PM

If we get Melo...LeBron will come. :)

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#190 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,293 posts

Posted July 11, 2013 - 07:01 AM

7av9.png

:ronflex: I was bored...

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#191 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,040 posts

Posted July 11, 2013 - 12:37 PM

I got this from LG

http://forums.lakers...der=asc&start=0

Update Broussard on SN:

RE: If Lakers want LeBron:

- No doubt LeBron like other free agents will definitely take a hard look at the Lakers.

- LeBron has to be sold that he could win now, not have to wait or start over.

- If the Lakers had someone like a Phil Jackson in the organization making a pitch, it may change the way LeBron sways, much like Pat Riley did for Miami.

Brief summary by Chris Broussard on The Herd:

- Lakers 2014 plan is to get LeBron... but...

- My intel says Lakers are 3rd in LeBron's likeliest destination in 2014.

- Miami and Cleveland are LeBron's top 2 destination.

- If he wins 1 more with Miami, he stays, if he doesn't he'll come home to Cleveland and play with Kyrie Irving to have the storybook ending to his career.

- A longshot for Lakers to land LeBron.

- For Lakers fans wanting Dwight gone and having all this cap space, just look at Dallas = Great owner, no state tax, can't land a superstar.

- With no Dwight, LeBron doesn't want to have to "start over again" if he goes to the Lakers.

- LeBron doesn't want his image to look like a mercenary going from team to team on his 3rd franchise.

Brief comments by Brian Windhorst:

- LeBron has a similar kind of happy personality like Dwight.

- You bet LeBron was keeping an eye on how the Lakers handled the Dwight situation.

SAS: Lakers on possibility using Carmelo as a lure to LeBron?

- Carmelo is not definitive on leaving the Knicks (P.S. Broussard on The Herd mentioned 75% staying in NY), but Carmelo’s going to be keenly interested to come to L.A.

- You got Lala Anthony, Carmelo’s wife with a movie out and going into Hollywood, they live here in Southern California in the offseason, so he’ll be entertaining it.

- Carmelo and LeBron have an interest in playing together, they’re pretty tight.

- Carmelo though is high on being in L.A. but...

- LeBron is not high on being here in L.A. Meaning he’s not into the L.A. lifestyle; Hollywood is not LeBron’s thing. Carmelo spends his offseason in L.A. LeBron spends his offseason in Ohio.

- Staying in Miami is up in LeBron’s list because of Pat Riley, the family type atmosphere with Micky Arison’s organization.

- Cleveland is a very viable shot for returning home and playing with Kyrie Irving and those boys to deliver his home town a championship.

- Every other team, including the Lakers are a way, way distant 3rd for LeBron.

- If Lakers get Carmelo first, would it enhance LeBron coming to L.A.? Potentially, but it really won’t make much of a difference. It’s still a longshot.

- Wherever LeBron stays/goes, it’s going to be his show. But right now it’s Kobe’s team. As long as Kobe’s breathing, the Lakers is his show.

- Miami and Cleveland are too attractive to pass up for LeBron, even in favor of L.A.

SAS: What is the Lakers biggest problem?

- The Lakers organization is not looked upon the way it once was under Dr. Buss, it’s all because of Jim Buss. Right now, the Lakers are now just 2nd fiddle to the Clippers.

- Lakers have a problem when a marquee free agent chooses Houston over a franchise like the Lakers; the Lakers have a problem when they are squeeking into the Playoffs or contemplating if it's better to tank.

- Jim needs an ephinany to realize the errors of his ways and realize that he needs Phil Jackson (P.S. Broussard mentioned that Phil Jackson in a Pat Riley role may enhance LeBron).

- I think Jeanie Buss needs to pull a coup de'tat and get Jim Buss out of here.

- My sources told me, near last season, the Buss family, Jeanie and her other brothers, met with Jim and told him they wanted D'Antoni gone.

-Jim eventually relented and gave them the indication that D'Antoni will indeed be fired...

- But when the Lakers went 28-12, Jim went back and told Jeanie and his other brothers that he "was right all along and D'Antoni will not be fired".

- I have reached out Jim Buss on several occassions and requested a 1-on-1 interview with him, they have always respectfully declined. I will keep asking until they take me up.

http://espn.go.com/e...play?id=9468295

Edited by Admiral General Aladeen, July 11, 2013 - 12:37 PM.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#192 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,068 posts

Posted July 11, 2013 - 12:48 PM

There you go Lakers fans.  Enough with this pipe dream that somehow Lebron will be a laker.  Heck, we might not even get Melo.  So if Lakers can't get Lebron and Melo for the future of this franchise, who will take over when Kobe retires? 

That to me is a very intriguing question.  We will know who will be a true lakers fans when the Lakers end up not having ANY superstars on their team. Oh the glory days of Cedric Ceballos and Sedal Threat.  How I miss it so  LOL.

• 40,383 posts

Posted July 11, 2013 - 12:55 PM

- If the Lakers had someone like a Phil Jackson in the organization making a pitch, it may change the way LeBron sways, much like Pat Riley did for Miami.

Just as I predicted.

yo.

#194 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,477 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted July 11, 2013 - 12:57 PM

Players dont tank mgmt does.  Players will never tank b/c they have their careers and such on the line.  Mgmt tanks the team by making them a team that isnt competitive.  The only way I'd be convinced of a tank is if they trade Pau.

No tanking. I hate that word when it comes to team sports. Play the games in front of you, and if you win, you win. If you lose, you lose. I seriously doubt the team will tank with Kobe on the roster. That's not like him. While I think this will be the year for a sub .500 record, I seriously think this team will tank it away. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#195 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,321 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted July 11, 2013 - 01:06 PM

Cleveland really are a third-rate franchise if they take back Lebron, especially after all that was said from Gilbert.

#196 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,068 posts

Posted July 11, 2013 - 01:23 PM

Having the best pure scorer in the league off-ball to Kobe Bryant makes you want to throw up?

The way Melo plays and Kobe plays might not coinside with one another. One can say they can be a Jordan and Pippen but Pippen is not a volume shooter.  Both Kobe and Melo are volume shooter.  So lets say Phil Jackson end up being he coach and we have Kobe and Melo. How will that work in a triangle? You think Melo will be a Pippen when his game is not even close to resemblance as Pippen?  We only have one ball and unless Melo is willing to not shoot that much and let Kobe shoot most of the time, it might not work.  Lebron and Kobe is a better fit in terms of how they play. 

Edited by epicwolf, July 11, 2013 - 01:24 PM.

#197 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,156 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted July 11, 2013 - 01:51 PM

Just as I predicted.

typical, sees a billion reasons why lebron wouldn't go to LA. Sees one reason he would (not really a reason because we don't even have phil) you cling onto that

• 40,383 posts

Posted July 11, 2013 - 02:15 PM

^ How is that not a reason if it's a more than realistic possibility? Phil's within our grasps with the connection he has with the team currently. He's not very far away and if Phil at least helped our chances to grab LeBron's attention, you'd be stupid to believe the Lakers wouldn't at the very least consider it.

yo.

#199 DameC24

DameC24

16!

• 535 posts
  • Name:Dame
  • Fan Since:When I seen my first Laker game on CBS
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Magic

Posted July 11, 2013 - 03:16 PM

Lebron will stay in Miami, because of Pat. I can't see him going back to Cleveland just for the simple fact on what Gilbert said about him. Melo, may come to LA. I would focus on other FA, but if you can land Lebron and Melo, you do it. 

Ok here is a question, who would play in the middle if you have both Kobe, Lebron, Melo. Who would you get at PG and C? 

#200 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,079 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 11, 2013 - 03:18 PM

What SAS says that I really don't get is that he says LeBron wouldn't come to LA because he doesn't live the LA lifestyle and lives in Cleveland in the off-season cause he really isn't for the Miami lifestyle.

What would stop him from living in Ohio in the off-season while playing for LA too like he does for Miami?

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)