• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted December 07, 2012 - 11:05 AM

So because Kobe is a star he gets more benefit of the doubt in a situation like this?

That's horrible reasoning.

Yes that would be horrible reasoning but you are making an assumption about me,
that is not my reasoning at all man.

Athletes are targets. No matter what level of stardom they have. Even someone like Ebanks has more money than the normal person has.

Ebanks isn't a vet, this is a young guy we are talking about.

One that has a track record for being impulsive and making poor decisions.

This stuff is all about money. Going through a civil suit just means Ebanks will be forced to pay her unless he wants to go through an entire trial. He'll settle and she'll never be heard from again.

When you have money, EVERYTHING is about money.

The fact he isn't in jail right now has to do with money (I'm sure he hired a good attorney).

Because had this happened in the hood someone would of went to jail, evidence or not.

Ebanks is stupid, ya'll are giving him way too much credit if we are comparing this to Kobe's case.

Darius Morris may suck, but at least we know this kid is smart enough to stay under the radar.

How come we haven't heard anything about him? (hes got money too)

Ebanks is trash and stupid, get over it.

I also want to add the fact that this dude picked the chick up at a night club,
I don't know how many times I've heard drunk chicks at clubs going home
with some random dude end up being raped because they were too
intoxicated to push the guy off or say no.

This really that hard to believe?

Kobe's case in Colorado was a completely different scenario.

Edited by MyJohnsonIsMagic, December 07, 2012 - 11:56 AM.

#42 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 07, 2012 - 11:48 AM

Ebanks just cant stay out of trouble smh

#43 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,366 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 07, 2012 - 12:12 PM

Yes that would be horrible reasoning but you are making an assumption about me,
that is not my reasoning at all man.

Then why say this?

Ebanks could be a different story, this guy isn't a star and barely qualifies as a role player.

Ebanks isn't a vet, this is a young guy we are talking about.

One that has a track record for being impulsive and making poor decisions

Ebanks is 23 right now, Kobe was 24 when he was charged with sexual assault. (Ebanks was 22 at the time of the charges).

Kobe had a track record of being immature and being a loner, not socializing with his teammates, how do we know that the reason for Kobe not hanging out with his teammates was so that he could be out sleeping with any girl that came up to him? We know Kobe cheated on his wife, he admitted to that, how do we know that it wasn't more?

When this happend last year, I had heard nothing negative about Ebanks. Since then, we have the whole DUI thing, but it's not really a 'track record'.

When you have money, EVERYTHING is about money.

The fact he isn't in jail right now has to do with money (I'm sure he hired a good attorney).

Because had this happened in the hood someone would of went to jail, evidence or not.

Ebanks is stupid, ya'll are giving him way too much credit if we are comparing this to Kobe's case.

Darius Morris may suck, but at least we know this kid is smart enough to stay under the radar.

How come we haven't heard anything about him? (hes got money too)

Ebanks is trash and stupid, get over it.

So by your theory about money, we should assume that Kobe told his accuser to back away from the trial so he can settle with her in civil court. I mean the fact he isn't in jail has to do with money so how do we know that Kobe actually didn't rape that girl?

You said:

We all know Kobe didn't rape that woman, she just wanted some $$$$$$$$$$

How do we know that money didn't make it go away? Why does Kobe get pass in a situation like this but Ebanks has the charges dropped against him and it's still okay to assume that he may have actually done it? As far as I'm concerned Kobe's accuser not wanting to testify and the DA not having enough evidence to go forth with a trial is the same exact thing. Both ended up in a civil trial which equals money.

People are giving Ebanks the benefit of the doubt because this is a common thing with athletes.

Darius Morris has his head on straight at the current moment, doesn't mean he can't have a lapse in judgement in the future.

Look, I don't care if Ebanks gets released in the next 5 minutes, he does nothing for this team, but I am not going to say "Oh he raped that girl without a doubt, let him rot in hell he doesn't do anything for this team anyways."

Charges were dropped and as far as i'm concerned that means he's innocent.

For the record, I don't believe Kobe raped that girl either. But both are similar cases where they were accused of sexual assault. I'm just saying you can't give one player a pass and not the other.

#44 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,702 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted December 07, 2012 - 01:26 PM

Always side with the player until proven otherwise.
Posted Image

#45 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted December 07, 2012 - 01:31 PM

Then why say this?

Ebanks is 23 right now, Kobe was 24 when he was charged with sexual assault. (Ebanks was 22 at the time of the charges).

Kobe had a track record of being immature and being a loner, not socializing with his teammates, how do we know that the reason for Kobe not hanging out with his teammates was so that he could be out sleeping with any girl that came up to him? We know Kobe cheated on his wife, he admitted to that, how do we know that it wasn't more?

When this happend last year, I had heard nothing negative about Ebanks. Since then, we have the whole DUI thing, but it's not really a 'track record'.

So by your theory about money, we should assume that Kobe told his accuser to back away from the trial so he can settle with her in civil court. I mean the fact he isn't in jail has to do with money so how do we know that Kobe actually didn't rape that girl?

You said:

How do we know that money didn't make it go away? Why does Kobe get pass in a situation like this but Ebanks has the charges dropped against him and it's still okay to assume that he may have actually done it? As far as I'm concerned Kobe's accuser not wanting to testify and the DA not having enough evidence to go forth with a trial is the same exact thing. Both ended up in a civil trial which equals money.

People are giving Ebanks the benefit of the doubt because this is a common thing with athletes.

Darius Morris has his head on straight at the current moment, doesn't mean he can't have a lapse in judgement in the future.

Look, I don't care if Ebanks gets released in the next 5 minutes, he does nothing for this team, but I am not going to say "Oh he raped that girl without a doubt, let him rot in hell he doesn't do anything for this team anyways."

Charges were dropped and as far as i'm concerned that means he's innocent.

For the record, I don't believe Kobe raped that girl either. But both are similar cases where they were accused of sexual assault. I'm just saying you can't give one player a pass and not the other.

You pretty much just twisted everything I said. :shock:

Its whatever though, I'm over this topic.

#46 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,359 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted December 08, 2012 - 05:27 AM

More than likely another chickenhead that can read the news and saw another vulnerable black athlete.The odd part is that most of you are crucifying this man without evidence or a trial. Sounds just like slavery days. It's amazing how much progress society has made but things are still the same as it was in the 50's and 60's. Thank god you weren't fans of Charles Barkley in his day, you would have had him lynched.

#47 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,359 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted December 08, 2012 - 05:34 AM

By the way, I also think Women who file false calims should be thrown in jail and counter sued if they are found to be lying or extorting. BUT guys who rape should lose BALL priviledges. And I don't mean Basket, Foot or Base

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users