#61 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,206 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 07, 2012 - 12:44 PM

Real Deal's argument tactics.... "try to put words in your mouth or twist the meaning your trying to convey and post meaningless stats"
and then everybody eats it up

Kobe's on ball defense has not been as good of late and he hasn't been closing out on shooters....

He lets his man blow by him because he believes Dwight will destroy anything that comes to the paint but in turn he doesn't rotate to Dwight's man which is why they got into an argument last game.. smh

but all your stats will show us that though

CJ... Why do you even look to provoke RD? Lol You know he's going to come in here and then..

#62 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,984 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 07, 2012 - 12:49 PM

I don't believe in stats when I actually SEE something on the court.
and the stats I usually post are just box score stats I don't think I have posted any advanced statistics or anything like that

you can't crunch numbers in basketball like you can in baseball... it doesn't take in account for mental lapses or blown coverages...

That is just an excuse to not want to admit you're wrong.

EVERYONE has mental lapses and blown coverages, all that matters is the frequency with which it happened. If it happened with Kobe as much as your "eyes" try to tell you then the team wouldn't allow less points when Dwight isn't there to back him up.

Your eyes would also tell you that Kobe defends perimeter players which Dwight rarely has to deal with or stop defensively so the fact your "eyes" would tell you something so obvious didn't stop you from trying to make an argument that the only reason Kobe is proficient defensively is because Dwight is backing him up when Dwight rarely has to deal with the guy Kobe is defending. That;s not "statistics" that is obvious to EYES watching a game.

So the argument you even tried to bring up would be the opposite of what you actually SEE.

So all that means is that you just never want to admit you're wrong because I've just torn apart an argument using the EYE logic.

Care to try something else? Or are you going to finally admit you're wrong and just stop talking?

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#63 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted December 07, 2012 - 01:03 PM

Real Deal's argument tactics.... "try to put words in your mouth or twist the meaning your trying to convey and post meaningless stats"
and then everybody eats it up

Kobe's on ball defense has not been as good of late and he hasn't been closing out on shooters....

He lets his man blow by him because he believes Dwight will destroy anything that comes to the paint but in turn he doesn't rotate to Dwight's man which is why they got into an argument last game.. smh

but all your stats will show us that though

I never put words into anyone's mouth. When GCMD implied that I did, I explained how I wasn't. Maybe you should re-read the sentences I pointed out. When I say things like, "You MIGHT AS WELL SAY this and that," that's not putting words into anyone's mouth.

Sounds like you're still sore from the brutal beating you were given in multiple topics in the past. How's Gerald Green doing, by the way? What is E'Twaun Moore's FG% now...is it still over 50%? Did Darius Morris start over Chris Duhon last game? What's Morris' FG% right now? Didn't you tell me that every team will decline Mickael Pietrus, and to just "wait and see" for myself? Oops. Only two times in his career has Pietrus averaged double-digits...and this current season is one of the two. Should I go any further? Haha.

LOL, you're a comedian. I put words into your mouth? I quoted everything you ever said, and showed everyone on this site just how many times you contradicted yourself. I didn't have to assume anything, didn't really have to write a single sentence in my posts to you, lol...you did all of that yourself.

You're one to talk about stats, though, hahaha...the master of the D-League stats. How embarrassing this must be for you. I was almost making the transition from being on the attack...to just kinda feeling sorry for you at this point. Why do people eat it up? Because it's hilariously true. Since I started running message boards in 2005, I've witnessed a lot of flip-floppers, and a lot of posters that have made some ridiculous predictions dealing with unproven second round players...but you, my dearest friend, are top three...and I'm saying that in hopes that you'll improve, but I have my doubts.

Thanks for the mention, though. Glad to know those painful memories are still haunting you. Here's something to refresh your memory even more (or, just for everyone else to go laugh about again):

http://lakernation.c...m/#entry1194331

Oh yeah...watch any Jonny Flynn lately? :laughing:

What a joke. I applaud you for the comedy, though. :clap2:

#64 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 07, 2012 - 01:28 PM

I never put words into anyone's mouth. When GCMD implied that I did, I explained how I wasn't. Maybe you should re-read the sentences I pointed out. When I say things like, "You MIGHT AS WELL SAY this and that," that's not putting words into anyone's mouth.

Sounds like you're still sore from the brutal beating you were given in multiple topics in the past. How's Gerald Green doing, by the way? What is E'Twaun Moore's FG% now...is it still over 50%? Did Darius Morris start over Chris Duhon last game? What's Morris' FG% right now? Didn't you tell me that every team will decline Mickael Pietrus, and to just "wait and see" for myself? Oops. Only two times in his career has Pietrus averaged double-digits...and this current season is one of the two. Should I go any further? Haha.

LOL, you're a comedian. I put words into your mouth? I quoted everything you ever said, and showed everyone on this site just how many times you contradicted yourself. I didn't have to assume anything, didn't really have to write a single sentence in my posts to you, lol...you did all of that yourself.

You're one to talk about stats, though, hahaha...the master of the D-League stats. How embarrassing this must be for you. I was almost making the transition from being on the attack...to just kinda feeling sorry for you at this point. Why do people eat it up? Because it's hilariously true. Since I started running message boards in 2005, I've witnessed a lot of flip-floppers, and a lot of posters that have made some ridiculous predictions dealing with unproven second round players...but you, my dearest friend, are top three...and I'm saying that in hopes that you'll improve, but I have my doubts.

Thanks for the mention, though. Glad to know those painful memories are still haunting you. Here's something to refresh your memory even more (or, just for everyone else to go laugh about again):

http://lakernation.c...m/#entry1194331

Oh yeah...watch any Jonny Flynn lately? :laughing:

What a joke. I applaud you for the comedy, though. :clap2:

E'twaun Moore is shooting 42% from the field and 39% from three I wouldn't call that bad and he had a greatly reduced role now that Jameer is back..

Darius Morris is shooting 36% from within the field and is also shooting 42% from three.. His field goal percentage is bad but he is shooting well from beyond the arc and he is still a more than capable defender than Morris and I could care less about the start that Duhon had... because he single handily cost us the game with his horrible defense on Nelson in the final minutes giving up back to back 3's

Pietrus up to this point has only played three games in which the first 2 he had 25+ minutes and didn't crack 10 points but played well in his last game with 21 points.. and is he starting or not? I wouldn't know but the game he logged 21 points he played 40 minutes so yeah I still don't think he would be good for us with a limited role and minutes.. that's just my opinion and I'm sticking to it

Gerald Green has played horrible for the Pacers it seems like he would have to be set up to score and who would be better than Nash to do that for him? LOL but that's fine though

Jonny Flynn is playing overseas in an Australian league and had a pretty decent couple of games and had 12 points, 8 rebounds, 7 assists and 1 block in one of the games

#65 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,984 posts

Posted December 07, 2012 - 01:34 PM

Darius Morris is shooting 36% from within the field and is also shooting 42% from three.. His field goal percentage is bad but he is shooting well from beyond the arc and he is still a more than capable defender than Morris and I could care less about the start that Duhon had... because he single handily cost us the game with his horrible defense on Nelson in the final minutes giving up back to back 3's

And Morris got lit up by Toney Douglas off the bench for 22 in the Rockets game of Duhon's first start so your point?

#66 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted December 07, 2012 - 01:38 PM

E'twaun Moore is shooting 42% from the field and 39% from three I wouldn't call that bad and he had a greatly reduced role now that Jameer is back..

Pietrus up to this point has only played three games in which the first 2 he had 25+ minutes and didn't crack 10 points but played well in his last game with 21 points.. and is he starting or not? I wouldn't know but the game he logged 21 points he played 40 minutes so yeah I still don't think he would be good for us with a limited role and minutes.. that's just my opinion and I'm sticking to it

Gerald Green has played horrible for the Pacers it seems like he would have to be set up to score and who would be better than Nash to do that for him? LOL but that's fine though

Jonny Flynn is playing overseas in an Australian league and had a pretty decent couple of games and had 12 points, 8 rebounds, 7 assists and 1 block in one of the games

Thanks for the useless analysis. I know what they are all doing. You apparently don't remember what you stated about each one of them, but I digress. You aren't worth the time anymore. We all know what you said would happen with each, no need for me to quote you again and again, while you awkwardly weasel your way out of the discussion.

#67 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 01:58 PM

Mickael Pietrus (left knee tendinitis) will not play against the Clippers on Sunday.

#68 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,984 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 02:06 PM

Mickael Pietrus (left knee tendinitis) will not play against the Clippers on Sunday.

must be contagious neither is Gasol. :laughing: .

#69 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 - 09:32 AM

:clap2:

I'd love to hear your opinion (not really) on Derrick Rose, and the fact that he will be missing nearly an entire year by the time he returns.

And once again, the walking contradiction jumps into the topic with irrelevant information, ignoring the fact that Jonny Flynn (who the walking contradiction supports) has been missing a hell of a lot of games over the course of his short career because of injuries.

#70 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted December 10, 2012 - 09:39 AM

*Reads topic title*

*See's Forum Admin (irony) and other user arguing over something irrelevant to topic title*

*Laughs @ irony*

*Leaves topic*

Edited by Calisupra2nr, December 10, 2012 - 09:39 AM.

#71 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 - 09:56 AM

*Reads topic title*

*See's Forum Admin (irony) and other user arguing over something irrelevant to topic title*

*Laughs @ irony*

*Leaves topic*

Well, the topic title would then have to read: Kobe, a fan in section 331 argue over defensive breakdowns.

#72 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted December 10, 2012 - 10:21 AM

What if we REtitle this thread: CJ breaks down defensively, arguing with Real Deal?

Edited by Calisupra2nr, December 10, 2012 - 10:23 AM.

#73 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 - 10:50 AM

What if we REtitle this thread: CJ breaks down defensively, arguing with Real Deal?

Gotta play defense to break down defensively.

But I'll stop there. Gotta have some fun during the off-seas...uh, I mean, during our pathetic regular season. :(

#74 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 - 11:28 AM

:clap2:

I'd love to hear your opinion (not really) on Derrick Rose, and the fact that he will be missing nearly an entire year by the time he returns.

And once again, the walking contradiction jumps into the topic with irrelevant information, ignoring the fact that Jonny Flynn (who the walking contradiction supports) has been missing a hell of a lot of games over the course of his short career because of injuries.

Are you really comparing Derrick Rose to Pietrus? That makes no sense

#75 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 - 11:30 AM

Are you really comparing Derrick Rose to Pietrus? That makes no sense

Nah, but I gave you a second example, because I knew exactly how you were going to wiggle your way out of that one, lol.

:boxing:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users