Photo

The Rockets were down by 13 in the 4th. They made up only 2 points of that deficit during the "Hug-A-Howard" stretch

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 04, 2012 - 10:23 PM

Topic title says it all. For everyone calling out Howard and D'Antoni instead of correctly looking at our guards and forwards' suspect defense (specifically Kobe)...think about how stupid you sound. Howard went 4-6. They (Rockets) only made up 2 points of 13 pt deficit. Saying that Howards FT caused our D to collapse was Kobe's excuse for his poor play on defense. Also D'Antoni and Howard were spot on in the press conference.

I don't give a [expletive] what D'Antoni says. He's stupid in that he didn't take Dwight out. He doesn't have the balls to take out the worst free throw shooter in the NBA when his team NEEDS TO WIN. Tkain is right, it's a mental thing as well as a tactical thing. And no one is defending Kobe here, we all have said his defense was suspect tonight. Stop making dumbass posts and get a brain

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#22 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,418 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted December 04, 2012 - 10:30 PM

Yet again, Kobe stopped playing defense at the end of the game. Someone need to call his ass out on it.

#23 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted December 04, 2012 - 10:37 PM

I don't give a [expletive] what D'Antoni says. He's stupid in that he didn't take Dwight out. He doesn't have the balls to take out the worst free throw shooter in the NBA when his team NEEDS TO WIN. Tkain is right, it's a mental thing as well as a tactical thing. And no one is defending Kobe here, we all have said his defense was suspect tonight. Stop making dumbass posts and get a brain

And yet you do whatever you do for a living and not coach...hmmm interesting...

#24 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,737 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 10:37 PM

I didn't like Kobe on neither end.. Kobe has to know its a team sport .. No matter how many shots you make ..

Today he was a liability on both ends ..

Don't get me wrong, he was the guy in terms of scoring , but common show leadership , integrate others , and do what you do ..

Missed three of his last four shots ..

Kobe has to try to lift his team more, make calls encourage others .. Have faith,, i can count like 5 shots where Jamison meeks were open... How do you want to play +65 games when you are burning yourself ! this is not playoffs and not even close, 34 is different than 24. Age betrays you.

#25 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted December 04, 2012 - 10:39 PM

I'm sure they were sitting in corner :facepalm:

It seems Kobe is the Greatest Scapegoat of all time, why not load him with more bull[expletive] accusations.

*Clearly did not watch game*

*Clearly some loud mouthed ignoranus*

*Clearly did not see Douglas alone in the corner waiting for pass because Kobe left him*

*Clearly*

#26 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 04, 2012 - 10:41 PM

And yet you do whatever you do for a living and not coach...hmmm interesting...

That doesn't mean it's the right decision. We need to win NOW. We are losing ground in the West. He didn't have the nuts to take out Dwight because he didn't wanna hurt his feelings. [expletive]ing stupid. Phil would have taken him out immediately. Should we side with Phil who has 11 rings or D'Antoni who has never been to the finals? You choose.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#27 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,283 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted December 05, 2012 - 01:06 AM

we led by 15 or 18 points and gave away a [expletive]ing big lead

i just want to kill myself

oit sucks soo much!!!!!

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#28 tsidebotham

tsidebotham

Rookie

• 104 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 05, 2012 - 08:14 AM

hacking him every play down takes all the momentum, rhythm, and energy out of the team as well. the confidience of the lakers team drops, while it gives life to the opponent.

#29 stillshining

stillshining

Rookie

• 277 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted December 05, 2012 - 09:10 AM

Dwight hit both free throws when the game was tied at 100, to put us up 102-100. That's the good news.

Now, how many times did Dwight get the ball after the 2 minute mark?

I don't remember any. It was all Kobe, all the time. Kobe appears to trust Dwight less in late game situations than he trusted Shaq.

It definitely is true that Kobe barely trusts anybody on this team, he must really believe he's the first, second and third option in crunch time. But anyone watching Dwight under the two minute mark execute the pick and roll with Kobe could tell that he wanted NO part of the play, he rolled with litte desire of going hard to the rim because he knew that he would have been fouled the second he caught the ball. Dwight's free throw woes have so much more impact than just missed opportunities on that particular possession.

One of the roles that I can't wait for Nash to assume is crunch time offense, the Lakers crunch time offense has become the most predictable in the league and its caught up to them. Having the defense try to focus on Kobe OFF the ball with Nash running a pick and roll with Howard and shooters flanking them is just too much to ask. Nash's style of leadership is almost the exact opposite of Kobe and that might just even things out, in times of struggle Kobe's the kind of guy that will initially try to get you to contribute but has no problem of taking all the responsibility on himself if you can't get it done. Nash will not stop UNTIL you get it done

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users