Photo

The Rockets were down by 13 in the 4th. They made up only 2 points of that deficit during the "Hug-A-Howard" stretch

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted December 04, 2012 - 08:52 PM

Topic title says it all. For everyone calling out Howard and D'Antoni instead of correctly looking at our guards and forwards' suspect defense (specifically Kobe)...think about how stupid you sound. Howard went 4-6. They (Rockets) only made up 2 points of 13 pt deficit. Saying that Howards FT caused our D to collapse was Kobe's excuse for his poor play on defense. Also D'Antoni and Howard were spot on in the press conference.

"They haven’t a clue what they’re talking about," D'Antoni said after the Lakers lost 107-105 to the Houston Rockets on Tuesday with Dwight Howard going 8-for-16 from the foul line (including 5-of-10 in the fourth quarter). "Pretty simple. You don’t do that to a guy and he made his foul shots. He’s not the reason that our defense was suspect. He’s not the reason that stuff happens. He’s got to work through this.

"You take him out now and then what are you going to do? Just take him out all the time? You got a player who is going to be your franchise player. You don’t do that. You don’t do that to him and it’s not him that’s causing the problem. It’s not a good thing. It’s a knee-jerk kind of reaction."

Dwight on his free throws: "That didn't lose us the game. Our defense wasn't there in the fourth quarter."

#2 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,333 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 04, 2012 - 08:56 PM

It's a mental thing as much as a tactical thing

Your team feels bad when they miss fts
When Dwight made 2 out of 2 he went down to the other end and made A block shot

You get out of sync on both ends of the floor when the other team starts intentionally fouling one of your players

It is a mental thing
And it psyched the lakers out tonight

#3 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted December 04, 2012 - 09:00 PM

It's a mental thing as much as a tactical thing

Your team feels bad when they miss fts
When Dwight made 2 out of 2 he went down to the other end and made A block shot

You get out of sync on both ends of the floor when the other team starts intentionally fouling one of your players

It is a mental thing
And it psyched the lakers out tonight

Wow. There is so much bogus and assumption in that one post its almost as if you played the game with them tonight or something...

Seriously. No. Stop making excuses. You are like my 10 year old cousin who got caught red handed taking a cookie from the cookie jar. They only made up TWO of the 13 point deficit during that stretch. It was in the last 2 minutes of the game that it all got really bad. And who led us to that path? Kobe.

#4 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 04, 2012 - 09:04 PM

What the Hack a Howard does also is it gives Houston plenty of more opportunities. Add that with their offensive rebounding and our garbage defense, and there's no wonder why they came back.

Posted Image

#5 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Wolf Children

• 8,472 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 09:11 PM

^ Agreed.

Our rebounding tonight was flat out horrible. Defense bearing the end of the game was horrendous as well.

MMiRi9s.png

#6 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 04, 2012 - 09:15 PM

Umm, Dwight went 5-10 in the stretch.

But yes, Kobe's defense had to do with the loss.

In terms of how he plays, I kind of get it. He does need to help a lot on defense because the Lakers just can't prevent the other team from getting in deep on nearly every possession.

If the Lakers can get a good perimeter defender, it will cut down on the need for help. Cut down the need for help, players can stay at home on their guy.

Posted Image

#7 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,924 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted December 04, 2012 - 09:19 PM

Dwight hit both free throws when the game was tied at 100, to put us up 102-100. That's the good news.

Now, how many times did Dwight get the ball after the 2 minute mark?

I don't remember any. It was all Kobe, all the time. Kobe appears to trust Dwight less in late game situations than he trusted Shaq.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#8 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,116 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 09:22 PM

Kobe's defense ? Will you shut the [expletive] up already? I'm sick of reading this bull[expletive]. What the [expletive] do you want from a guy who has logged over 50000 minutes of basketball, playing his 17th season? Be glad he is still dominant offensively every now and then.

#9 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,371 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted December 04, 2012 - 09:25 PM

Then get him some rest
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#10 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 09:26 PM

Kobe's defense ? Will you shut the [expletive] up already? I'm sick of reading this bull[expletive]. What the [expletive] do you want from a guy who has logged over 50000 minutes of basketball, playing his 17th season? Be glad he is still dominant offensively every now and then.

No. He can at least try to defend his man and not roam around. There's no need to create excuses for Kobe just because he's a legend.

Posted Image

#11 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,116 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 09:32 PM

Holy [expletive]! Yeah I'm creating excuses... I'm stating the facts, how about you read it and get it? As much as he makes himself look like Ironman, the dude is still human and he can't deal with both ends of the floor at his age, and playing time. This is supposed to be obvious. Kobe should log only 30-32 minutes a game, yet do you know what is his average so far? 37 MPG!!! He doesn't have anything left in tank, it is not that he roams because he wants to, it's because he has to so that he can save that enery for all that facilitating, and pushing the ball.

#12 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 09:36 PM

Holy [expletive]! Yeah I'm creating excuses... I'm stating the facts, how about you read it and get it? As much as he makes himself look like Ironman, the dude is still human and he can't deal with both ends of the floor at his age, and playing time. This is supposed to be obvious. Kobe should log only 30-32 minutes a game, yet do you know what is his average so far? 37 MPG!!! He doesn't have anything left in tank, it is not that he roams because he wants to, it's because he has to so that he can save that enery for all that facilitating, and pushing the ball.

Roaming around the court uses up more energy than defending a guy just sitting in the corner. Plus Kobe tries to play the passing lanes. That expends energy. Ur excuse is invalid.

Edited by Notorious Arab, December 04, 2012 - 09:37 PM.

Posted Image

#13 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,116 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 09:41 PM

I'm sure they were sitting in corner :facepalm:

It seems Kobe is the Greatest Scapegoat of all time, why not load him with more bull[expletive] accusations.

#14 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted December 04, 2012 - 09:42 PM

I remember PG11 used to make threads like these.

#15 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 09:42 PM

Kobe was defending Parsons and Douglas tonight. Who kept hitting big shots? Douglas. He was wide open multiple times.

Posted Image

#16 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,340 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 10:11 PM

If you watched the game, you would see that those free throws cost us the game. Momentum was totally killed.

#17 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 10:12 PM

http://sulia.com/med...9c-6401bf681780

Rockets coach Kelvin Sampson details his strategy on "Hack a Dwight"
"It has to be circumstantial. That was the right time to do it for a couple reasons. One, it gets the ball out of Kobe's hands. There's not a better 4th quarter player in this league than Kobe. They set the rhythm. It was hard for us to get them out of that rhythm. I thought our defense the last 16 minutes of the game was better. They're such a rhythm team. It [Hack a Dwight] comes under the caegory 'you do what you have to do to win the game."

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#18 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,448 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 10:16 PM

If you watched the game, you would see that those free throws cost us the game. Momentum was totally killed.

Yep. Like I get the argument that it was our poor defense at the end, but I think that may have been because of what you just said. Them slowing us down and making us watch Dwight miss free throws completely stops our momentum and we don't try as hard.

If we played D after they hacked-a-Dwight, we would have won.

#19 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,136 posts
  • Fan Since:Lakers traded for Kobe

Posted December 04, 2012 - 10:17 PM

Kobe has been struggling on defense all season long it's been obvious and I think it's because he's trying to save energy for the offense. Then you have Morris and Duhon who suck defensively... our problem is the defense its been very clear throughout the whole season especially these last 2 games where we allowed 30+ points in the 4th. Mike D'Antoni needs to do something about it things are falling apart faster than the titanic here.

Posted Image

#20 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 10:18 PM

https://twitter.com/...208043505618944

This is now the SIXTH game the Lakers have lost where the # of missed FTs exceeds the margin of defeat. Hmmmm

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users