Photo

Is the Lakers in bigger trouble than we want to believe?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 epicwolf

epicwolf

Off The Bench

• 2,652 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted December 04, 2012 - 08:25 PM

I am trying to be as positive as I can about this team. The inconsistency kills me. The lack of effort at the end of games kills me. Are we actually hanging on a hope that Steve Nash will come and save the day? And lets say he does, last I check he is 500 years old. We only going to have him for two years max. Is the future of the Lakers a lot worst than we want to believe? I never seen a so called "super team" in the NBA end up being this bad. Even the super team of Kobe, Shaq, Payton and Malone are 10 times better. Atleast we end up going all the way to the NBA finals. It doesn't seem like this team can even make the playoffs. I am trying to understand this but this is a very unique situation Lakers land are dealing with. How many coaching changes do we really need?

Edited by epicwolf, December 05, 2012 - 07:22 AM.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#2 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,266 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 04, 2012 - 08:27 PM

A lot of pressure is on our team to succeed and guys need to figure out how to respond to it and improve from Kobe all the way down to DJO.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#3 HQLLYWQQD

HQLLYWQQD

Rookie

• 336 posts
  • Name:Scott
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted December 04, 2012 - 08:35 PM

I'm upset but not feeling like all is lost.. Yet.

The way this team is losing games like tonight is fixable. What confuses the hell out of me is why it keeps happening. Especially the last two losses to Orlando and Houston.

Howards free throws, lack of defense in the 4th quarter, a gaping hole at PG and tons of turn overs would seem to be fixable.

All is not lost but this team is a mess at the moment..

:huh:

#4 stillshining

stillshining

Rookie

• 176 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted December 04, 2012 - 08:38 PM

The only explanation has to be that the hype is getting to these Lakers, from management to the coaching staff all the way down to the players. I've never seen a year more extreme, as far as the "winning now" mentality, in my entire life watching the Lakers. It just seems like everyone's been affected by it so far other than Kobe.

#5 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

The "D" In Dwight Howard Is Silent

• 6,411 posts
  • Name:Django
  • Fan Since:1860
  • Fav. Laker:Ain't No TV Yet

Posted December 04, 2012 - 08:56 PM

D12s gotta hit his free throws. Period.
Point Blank.End of Discussion

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#6 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,224 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted December 04, 2012 - 09:02 PM

I'm upset on how we are doin right now. but until we get nash back. we cant see our real Offense. since D'antoni's Main guy in offense is PG. we cant make kobe facilitate since he's a scorer....stayin postive :whip:

#7 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 04, 2012 - 09:08 PM

Gotta play D all 48 minutes. We played 40 good minutes of D. Thats not enough.

Posted Image

#8 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 2,857 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted December 05, 2012 - 01:06 AM

YES WE A RE IN [expletive]ING TROUBLE!!!!!!!!

LAKERS FOR LIFE!

BIGGEST LAKERS FAN FROM COLOGNE, GERMANY BABY!!!

#9 Estate

Estate

Rookie

• 235 posts
  • Name:Dennis
  • Fan Since:Since Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic! Kareem!

Posted December 05, 2012 - 06:43 AM

Blame it All on Jim Buss.

#10 epicwolf

epicwolf

Off The Bench

• 2,652 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted December 05, 2012 - 07:24 AM

I'm upset on how we are doin right now. but until we get nash back. we cant see our real Offense. since D'antoni's Main guy in offense is PG. we cant make kobe facilitate since he's a scorer....stayin postive :whip:

But our issue is not offense. We are capable of puting up more than 100 points. You think having steve nash back will solve our defensive issues?

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#11 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted December 05, 2012 - 08:20 AM

Posted Image

#12 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 2,911 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted December 05, 2012 - 09:47 AM

The only explanation has to be that the hype is getting to these Lakers, from management to the coaching staff all the way down to the players. I've never seen a year more extreme, as far as the "winning now" mentality, in my entire life watching the Lakers. It just seems like everyone's been affected by it so far other than Kobe.

That is the only explanation? How about this one, they just aren't good and they don't have the personnel for their system. The good news is the future is bright. They have basically nobody under contract after next season and they are good at rebuilding.

#13 stillshining

stillshining

Rookie

• 176 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted December 05, 2012 - 11:21 AM

That is the only explanation? How about this one, they just aren't good and they don't have the personnel for their system. The good news is the future is bright. They have basically nobody under contract after next season and they are good at rebuilding.

At least seven of the lakers ten losses have been to teams that are not even in the same tier talent-wise. Dallas without Dirk OR Kaman, the Blazers, the Jazz, the Kings, the Pacers without Granger, the Magic and these Rockets. There really is little to no argument when it comes to comparing the talent level of the Lakers and these teams so I can't really say they just aren't good. That's literally 70% of their losses to teams they have no business losing to so just blaming their talent level and the system (this is their third coach already this season) doesn't really click for me

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users