Photo

What is the solution? Are the Lakers just a bad team?

• Please log in to reply
330 replies to this topic

#81 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 04, 2012 - 10:13 PM

Lakers need to bring in a hustle player and athletic wing players....
This is the most talented team in the NBA but our record says otherwise

#82 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted December 04, 2012 - 10:18 PM

Its wasn't sarcasm.

Well it sounded like u were pissed that I answered ur question.

Posted Image

#83 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,726 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted December 04, 2012 - 10:34 PM

We need an athletic wing.

#84 Estate

Estate

Rookie

• 235 posts
  • Name:Dennis
  • Fan Since:Since Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic! Kareem!

Posted December 04, 2012 - 10:42 PM

We are not a bad team! Wizard & Piston is a bad team. We are just figuring things out.

D12- need work FT & get his back 100%
Paul- need rest his knees, get more lift quickness
Meeks & Jamison need more minutes together. They pair up pretty good.
Hill- need more minute when team Hack D12
MWP- need to drain the 3 consistently, team are inviting him to shoot.
Nash- get his leg healthy, fracture area link to nerves.

I'll be happy Lakers at .500 All Star break. Stay under radar. Then work up to 4th, 5th seat...ok. Peak going into PlayOffs.

C'mon Lakers Fans...have faith. This team is really good.

#85 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 04, 2012 - 10:48 PM

Lakers need to bring in a hustle player and athletic wing players....
This is the most talented team in the NBA but our record says otherwise

I have full trust in Mitch. The guy does not sit around for too long. He's made it clear that it is win now and changes may happen sooner rather than later. The one thing that I look back on from last season is how we almost traded for Beasley a couple of times last season. Beasley was brought into Phoenix to lead the team and isn't anything more than just a strong scorer. They are considering benching him. I still think that if Beasley becomes available they should make a move.

#86 soooobased

soooobased

llama

• 226 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Horry, Fisher

Posted December 04, 2012 - 10:50 PM

I have full trust in Mitch. The guy does not sit around for too long. He's made it clear that it is win now and changes may happen sooner rather than later. The one thing that I look back on from last season is how we almost traded for Beasley a couple of times last season. Beasley was brought into Phoenix to lead the team and isn't anything more than just a strong scorer. They are considering benching him. I still think that if Beasley becomes available they should make a move.

Nah, he's garbage.
Posted Image
Props to fkMikeBrown

#87 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 04, 2012 - 10:55 PM

Nah, he's garbage.

A guy that can give you instant scoring off the bench at the SF position, something that we have don't have.

You're right, Ebanks does a great job.

#88 Rad

Rad

• 1,640 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 11:24 PM

Pau- need rest his knees, get more lift quickness

Personally, I think Pau is done. Every game he simply looks 'lost' out there, lacks effort, production and his confidence is shot.

#89 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted December 04, 2012 - 11:42 PM

Well it sounded like u were pissed that I answered ur question.

Nah.

Just don't have faith in D'antoni @ HC, no reason to even if he never had this much talent in PHX or NY he hasn't won squat.

In PHX he didn't win squat with a squad that suited his system, in NY he did't win squat with a project similar to this team.

I get it, the Phil ship has sailed.

Thing I don't get and can't get over is how they hung Phil out to dry after what hes done for this franchise.

Sure we don't have all the right pieces to run the triangle, and yes I understand we are trying to win now
and I also understand it would be difficult to run the triangle w/o preseason prep and all that jazz.

However bottom line is instead of making the safer choice, the logical choice, uncertainties and doubt
pretty much clouded the mind and the end result is this team is playing horrible.

I understand the blame is being put on the players, they aren't doing this or that but the coach
is the captain of the ship and when the ship goes down it isn't the crew's fault ultimately the
blame goes on the captain.

Isn't that why some people are glad we didn't get Phil Jackson?

The team's past horrible performances were blamed on him during his tenure were they not?

Now the blame is going on the players...so...why did we blame Phil back then?

Make up your [expletive]ing minds.

#90 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,849 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted December 04, 2012 - 11:46 PM

Situation is very similar to NY when the Knicks traded practically their entire team (most important of which was a PG who could shoot and looked to pass in Felton) for Melo, an ISO player. They went from a free flowing offense to an ISO rich game with some picks sprinkled in there.

It looks a little bit better right now cuz Kobe is a better facilitator then Melo, but in the core of his game, he is a scorer. And it shows when he drives and looks to score himself rather then dish, or when rises for the jumper when he's single covered (cuz it's Kobe, you're dead if u single cover him, so that shot is justified)

We looked good when Duhon was facilitating or when Kobe handled the ball, but aside from that completely stagnant (ex. whenever Morris or MWP had the ball. MWP should just stick to hustling, diving to the basket for rebounds whenever shots go up, or sticking to the perimeter for open jumpers, dude does not look good dribbling and SHOULD not be dribbling)

I HATE to keep coming back to this, using it almost as a crutch, but things will be better when Steve Nash gets back. Kobe can attack off the ball (what was he shooting like 51% when nash was around!) and spend less energy facilitating with nash around, we get a facilitator for the bench (Duhon, when nash sits, he'll have Kobe to dish to or Kobe can handle the ball; or Nash passing to whoever the hell be damn well pleases when Kobe sits - depending on MDA's rotations), and turnovers will be greatly reduced.

In the meanwhile, the biggest thing we need to worry about is a consistent effort from our team. Getting 100% from every player for 48 minutes. If we can get that, it'll be nice.

So for the fans who's skies are falling, stick with it, it's frustrating as HELL to watch, but the joy in being a real fan comes from seeing your team improve and play up to its potential!

And to those jumping ship saying "should I just watch when we go on a winning streak...?" Gtfo now, ya bandwagon bishes

Edited by androsays, December 04, 2012 - 11:47 PM.

2div

#91 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts
  • Name:Shamim

Posted December 05, 2012 - 12:09 AM

Nah.

Just don't have faith in D'antoni @ HC, no reason to even if he never had this much talent in PHX or NY he hasn't won squat.

In PHX he didn't win squat with a squad that suited his system, in NY he did't win squat with a project similar to this team.

You can't really blame him for Phoenix's lack of postseason success, that's pretty unfair considering the circumstances.

In '04-05 (D'Antoni's first year) Joe Johnson was playing the best ball of his career averaging 19 ppg while shooting 50+% from the field AND beyond the arc that postseason before he literally broke his face in the 2nd round against the Mavericks. The following season had Amar'e Stoudemire undergo microfracture knee surgery and he only managed to play 3 games the entire year. '06-07 had the infamous Horry hip-check which led to the suspensions of Diaw and Stoudemire for Game 5, a game that they barely lost by 3 at home. Amar'e was killing San Antonio that entire series. The Spurs then closed them out at home in Game 7. And finally '07-08 had the team throw away their system to accommodate Shaq who was almost entirely useless.

And then for the Knicks he was hired '08-09, still saddled with that mess of a roster that Isiah Thomas left behind. He didn't have a legitimate team until the '10-11 season when he was able to pair Amar'e and Felton for the 1st half of the season and keep the in the playoff chase. Then around the deadline they torpedoed their squad for Carmelo who was never a good fit under D'Antoni. The Knicks still managed to make the playoffs for only the 2nd time in since 2001. Of course, he then quit on New York which is the only real blemish I see.

He's done pretty damn well with what he's had to work with to this point. I'm not saying he's perfect and shouldn't be criticized (not a fan of some of the stuff he's done so far), but he needs to be given a fair chance before calling him a failure. Even Mike Brown got that.

#92 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted December 05, 2012 - 12:15 AM

any1 wanna bet me we wont win it all . (health stipulation included) lol , for real

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#93 Rad

Rad

• 1,640 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 12:37 AM

any1 wanna bet me we wont win it all . (health stipulation included) lol , for real

This year, if we do.. it'll be a hell of a lot of work.

#94 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,607 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted December 05, 2012 - 01:05 AM

man im so [expletive]ed up!!!!

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#95 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 01:07 AM

We wont win the championship this year.

Edited by Lakers4Life, December 05, 2012 - 01:07 AM.

Laker fan for life.

#96 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 39,975 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 05, 2012 - 01:14 AM

You can't really blame him for Phoenix's lack of postseason success, that's pretty unfair considering the circumstances.

In '04-05 (D'Antoni's first year) Joe Johnson was playing the best ball of his career averaging 19 ppg while shooting 50+% from the field AND beyond the arc that postseason before he literally broke his face in the 2nd round against the Mavericks. The following season had Amar'e Stoudemire undergo microfracture knee surgery and he only managed to play 3 games the entire year. '06-07 had the infamous Horry hip-check which led to the suspensions of Diaw and Stoudemire for Game 5, a game that they barely lost by 3 at home. Amar'e was killing San Antonio that entire series. The Spurs then closed them out at home in Game 7. And finally '07-08 had the team throw away their system to accommodate Shaq who was almost entirely useless.

And then for the Knicks he was hired '08-09, still saddled with that mess of a roster that Isiah Thomas left behind. He didn't have a legitimate team until the '10-11 season when he was able to pair Amar'e and Felton for the 1st half of the season and keep the in the playoff chase. Then around the deadline they torpedoed their squad for Carmelo who was never a good fit under D'Antoni. The Knicks still managed to make the playoffs for only the 2nd time in since 2001.Of course, he then quit on New York which is the only real blemish I see.

He's done pretty damn well with what he's had to work with to this point. I'm not saying he's perfect and shouldn't be criticized (not a fan of some of the stuff he's done so far), but he needs to be given a fair chance before calling him a failure. Even Mike Brown got that.

LOGIC!!!

But apparently people that say we won't win a championship think that Nash coming back will do nothing for our turnovers.

It is funny how the loudest Laker fans at times are the first to say we won't win a championship when they were probably the same people touting how we'd win a championship. Or even saying we'll need to be patient. Yet we're dealing with injuries, 3rd and 4th stringers in our starting unit and our main bench 4 starting. It equals doom when Nash is back because you know.. he's not gonna help our unforced turnover problems at all =p

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#97 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,607 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted December 05, 2012 - 01:17 AM

there is no parade!!!!

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#98 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted December 05, 2012 - 01:20 AM

This year, if we do(win it).. it'll be a hell of a lot of work.

i fixed ur post a little so it makes sense on its own. but i disagree. i think once we gets dwight to 100% and once we get nash back, we'll be the best team in the nba.. so, in january we wont lose.. my only concern is our 2nd unit, it could use some wing scoring..

Edited by GMTradePau4aBench, December 05, 2012 - 01:22 AM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#99 muncher

muncher

Rookie

• 531 posts
  • Name:Simon
  • Fav. Laker:Gary Vitti

Posted December 05, 2012 - 01:38 AM

I am reserving my judgement until we have our team back 100% healthy. I don't know about you guys but I want to see Pau go off when Nash is back ! Keeping positive!

#100 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 39,975 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 05, 2012 - 01:38 AM

i fixed ur post a little so it makes sense on its own. but i disagree. i think once we gets dwight to 100% and once we get nash back, we'll be the best team in the nba.. so, in january we wont lose.. my only concern is our 2nd unit, it could use some wing scoring..

Honestly it SHOULD be a lot of work.

The heat with a healthy team had HARD WORK. We have a team where the focal point of initiating our offense(Nash) and his backup(Blake) are injured. And a guy who is supposed to be the main cog(Pau Gasol) is physically and mentally out of it and pretty much is going to have to sit out.

Basically all our starting unit is, is a not 100% Dwight Howard and Kobe Bryant having to play every position from 1 to 3. With the only other saving grace besides those 2 in the starting unit being Metta World Peace.

What if I told you to take the Miami Heat. Take Dwayne Wade out of the equation, make Chris Bosh about 70 percent and throw them together and see if their record starts better than 8-9.

Heck even RIGHT NOW as fully established as they are every game is tough and they are escaping a lot of these wins via the skin of their teeth and nearly lost to a team of the Spurs 3rd and 4th stringers.

So panicking about OUR team when all of the above is against us currently and we still do have the talent to blow out good teams says a lot about how dangerous we are when Healthy.

All I'm gonna say is this...

CHRIS DUHON GOT 8 ASSISTS TODAY.....

Steve Nash is going to be on the verge of breaking Magic Johnson's assist record when he comes back and our turnover count is going to drop by at least 5 per game which is a potential 10 points the opposition will not score on us and Nash being main facilitator also makes means less long jump shots at the end of shot clocks that allow another team to get out on the fast break against us.

Little things like this are important to solve.

The things we CAN work on while Nash is gone, are our responsiveness to screens, inside and outside, our help defense and our rebounding.

So these things being solved BEFORE even Nash comes back will help us out tremendously.

I know you guys hate to hear it but you're going to have to be patient.

Miami Heat had the big 3 when they were 8-9. We have yet to play 2 games with our big 4.

People panic way too soon. But it doesn't matter, when we're late in the playoffs and doing well I'm going to be quoting every single person that "gave up" on our team so they can't jump back on the bandwagon and act like they were logical the whole time :P

:)

Edited by Majesty, December 05, 2012 - 01:45 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users