Photo

What is the solution? Are the Lakers just a bad team?

• Please log in to reply
330 replies to this topic

#61 Estate

Estate

Rookie

• 235 posts
  • Name:Dennis
  • Fan Since:Since Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic! Kareem!

Posted December 04, 2012 - 09:38 PM

Like what MJ said, Magic Johnson said...LOL.

This team doesn't fit Mike D offense. Sure they say Nash is not back yet but you really think we go far playing Suns B-Ball.

1. Mike D must be realistic, if Hack a D12 is coming, sub Hill or Sacre. Putting D12 in backfire on us. Sure you are telling D12 that you must make your FT, but repeatedly again and again is not good for confidence either. Taking him out tell him the same thing, make FT, earn minutes. Or you can go Defense/Offense substitution. Mike D is lost cause he never dealt with Hack a Shaq before.

2. Hiring Mike D over PJ is the worst decision ever. If PJ not in the market, sure Mike D is good choice, but PJ was getting ready,making his run and you pull the carpet out underneath him.

3. Why so many people talk about Pau? Not working with Mike D offense? Are we wanting to break up the big four? Remember how happy we were when Bynum trade, but kept Pau? We got a good damn team but unable to ultilize our personnels, rotation, coaching calls.

I bet you PJ is sad & Sig.....remember lakers FO even said we got a 2 year window. PJ got 2 years left...this would be a final tango together. Instead we got Mike D for 4 years. And would you underestimate PJ abilities to utilize an elite point guard? He'll keep running it until you solve it...

I am really really sad, seriously for my beloved Lakers. When I make time to watch the game, I want it so bad for them to win but when a bad play call, just furious me...

#62 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,329 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted December 04, 2012 - 09:38 PM

I think this team would be a lot better if we weren't lacking talent wise at the SF and PG positions.

When Nash comes back that plugs in one hole, but the giant gaping hole at SF remains for the rest of the season.

This..

We really need a true PG right now. since it's d'antoni offense

#63 Alpha Four

Alpha Four

Fugitive Alien

• 501 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 04, 2012 - 09:41 PM

Why do people still insist that Phil Jackson is the ONLY coach for this team?

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#64 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,413 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 04, 2012 - 09:41 PM

Like what MJ said, Magic Johnson said...LOL.

This team doesn't fit Mike D offense. Sure they say Nash is not back yet but you really think we go far playing Suns B-Ball.

1. Mike D must be realistic, if Hack a D12 is coming, sub Hill or Sacre. Putting D12 in backfire on us. Sure you are telling D12 that you must make your FT, but repeatedly again and again is not good for confidence either. Taking him out tell him the same thing, make FT, earn minutes. Or you can go Defense/Offense substitution. Mike D is lost cause he never dealt with Hack a Shaq before.

2. Hiring Mike D over PJ is the worst decision ever. If PJ not in the market, sure Mike D is good choice, but PJ was getting ready,making his run and you pull the carpet out underneath him.

3. Why so many people talk about Pau? Not working with Mike D offense? Are we wanting to break up the big four? Remember how happy we were when Bynum trade, but kept Pau? We got a good damn team but unable to ultilize our personnels, rotation, coaching calls.

I bet you PJ is sad & Sig.....remember lakers FO even said we got a 2 year window. PJ got 2 years left...this would be a final tango together. Instead we got Mike D for 4 years. And would you underestimate PJ abilities to utilize an elite point guard? He'll keep running it until you solve it...

I am really really sad, seriously for my beloved Lakers. When I make time to watch the game, I want it so bad for them to win but when a bad play call, just furious me...

We're scoring over 100 points a game, just stop trying to act like our offense is the focal point of the problem.

It has nothing to do with running gunning and this team DOES fit the system.

The problem comes down to us A) Not having Nash which forces Kobe to be facilitator as well as main go to guy in the offense. And it also puts the ball in Duhon and Morris' hands.

We weren't built to run an offense through Morris or Duhon it is meant for Nash and the difference will show.

Aside from that our screen and help defense as well as our rebounding have nothing to do with the D'antoni system and is a player problem.

Our problems don't begin with our system or our coach they begin with our players.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#65 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 04, 2012 - 09:43 PM

I agree. What would be the excuse if Phil was the coach and we lost this game?

#66 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted December 04, 2012 - 09:44 PM

Because nobody including me can remember the Lakers playing this bad under Jackson.

#67 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,329 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted December 04, 2012 - 09:46 PM

Laker fans logic.. Phil = Instant ring/ better record

#68 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,740 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted December 04, 2012 - 09:47 PM

we never even considered jerry sloan :/

#69 Estate

Estate

Rookie

• 235 posts
  • Name:Dennis
  • Fan Since:Since Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic! Kareem!

PJ is not the only coach for this team, he was available. For every 2 season, he guarantee 1 chip. Lakers got a 2 year window, meaning PJ will help get 1 chip.

Be realistic! He was available when the Lakers hire Mike D over him. Don't get me wrong, Mike D is and always be a great coach. But you had PJ that won 1/2 the time...seldom does he lose 3 in a row.

If he was retire an not available, understandable...but what been done is done. Just sad though.

Be honest, to whom that understands basketball, you can tell when watching the game down to the wire...when a bad call or bad sub ditto is made...Mike D is better than Mike B, not by much.

#70 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Because nobody including me can remember the Lakers playing this bad under Jackson.

02-03 season? Started 19-23.

Posted Image

#71 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,413 posts

I agree. What would be the excuse if Phil was the coach and we lost this game?

they'd say "he's here for the paycheck" or they'd say "it's our players fault! How can't you win with Phil?!? We just suck!" or they'd say "hey the triangle takes a lot of getting used to."

#72 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 09:49 PM

02-03 season? Started 19-23.

When is the last time D'antoni had a start like that and turned it around, since you are so full of useful info.

#73 Honey Boo Boo

Honey Boo Boo

I <3 Weezy's Lil' Wayne

• 1,486 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Eminem

Posted December 04, 2012 - 09:51 PM

I'm trying to be as patient as possible until Nash is back.
Posted Image

#74 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 04, 2012 - 09:53 PM

they'd say "he's here for the paycheck" or they'd say "it's our players fault! How can't you win with Phil?!? We just suck!" or they'd say "hey the triangle takes a lot of getting used to."

Actually that's probably not far off. I mean I am a HUGE Phil fan and also think that he would have been a better coach for this team, but let's not all forget everybody's thoughts in the 10-11 playoffs. People were saying how Phil was outcoached by Carlisle.

#75 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,740 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted December 04, 2012 - 09:53 PM

seriously what do the previous records have to do with the situation we're in? history doesn't repeat itself.

#76 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 881 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted December 04, 2012 - 09:55 PM

The sad part is it's a combination of alot of things that has led to this point. There is multiple things that need fixing or improving not just one aspect. From the management to the coaching to the players, decisions need to be made and changes made. From players not fitting the system and trades being made to coaching styles and choices and team and individual deficiencies. There is many problems that need attention. I feel some can be fixed but it's going to be tough to address all of them.

#77 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted December 04, 2012 - 10:00 PM

When is the last time D'antoni had a start like that and turned it around, since you are so full of useful info.

Don't get why ur being sarcastic. You asked a question and u got an answer.

Posted Image

#78 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,413 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 10:05 PM

The sad part is it's a combination of alot of things that has led to this point. There is multiple things that need fixing or improving not just one aspect. From the management to the coaching to the players, decisions need to be made and changes made. From players not fitting the system and trades being made to coaching styles and choices and team and individual deficiencies. There is many problems that need attention. I feel some can be fixed but it's going to be tough to address all of them.

what it is, is a gathering of small problems that are creating one bad failure in terms of our losses.

However these are the kinds of small problems that didn't make themselves evident when we went on an 18-1 run at the end of the all-star break that Dallas exploited every one of and swept us in the playoffs.

WE will become a much more complete and ready team by the time we reach the playoffs than we would have been if we were 19-0 right now.

#79 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 10:06 PM

This team is jury rigged like a mofo, that is the biggest problem with this team.

We have two centers on the floor at the same time (Pau and Dwight), a undersized PF playing SF (Ron Artest),
a SG playing a PG facilitator role (Kobe) and our remaining PGs don't belong in any championship caliber
squad's starting lineup (excluding Nash of course).

Not to mention our bench is inconsistent or as some people say "sucks".

This team is swiss cheese baby, got a lot of holes.

Edited by MyJohnsonIsMagic, December 04, 2012 - 10:07 PM.

#80 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 10:06 PM

Don't get why ur being sarcastic. You asked a question and u got an answer.

Its wasn't sarcasm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users