Photo

What is the solution? Are the Lakers just a bad team?

• Please log in to reply
330 replies to this topic

#321 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 14, 2012 - 04:24 PM

I know right ^.... if we lose today I am goign to hang myself ...
Laker fan for life.

#322 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,054 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 14, 2012 - 04:29 PM

The game is on right now halfway through the first

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#323 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,054 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 04:46 PM

Seems like Jordan Hill has back spasms and that's why D'antoni didn't play him yesterday against New York

#324 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,350 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted December 14, 2012 - 07:17 PM

this win wont stop the bleeding fully, its just a band aid

and why are we ignoring Howard in the post

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#325 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,054 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 07:45 PM

because when he gets doubled and triple teamed when he's in the post and if we mistime it it's poked away? He gets a lot of touches in the post, we just play inside out and he passes to a wide open three point shooter because of the attention he gets.

Dwight has addressed this

"When I get the ball they double me. So I'm gonna pass it out and if we start hitting threes off of that they're gonna have to do something else."

#326 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,371 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted December 15, 2012 - 08:55 AM

Kobe is putting up 29 a night on his highest FG% ever, at 34 years old, leading the league in scoring (something only Mike has done).

Dwight is matching his career averages of 18 PPG and 12 RPG, on 58% FG, despite not being 100%.

Everyone else on this roster is doing exactly what we thought they would do, in their roles. If you thought otherwise, your expectations were far, far too high...and if you are pissed off at Kobe and Howard for not having much energy to defend at the end of games, you aren't paying attention to how much basketball they are playing + their increased roles in an offense that is asking them to run (something neither of them have done in the primes of their careers).

Whatever you believe, I guess.

^^^^I agree except for Ebanks. If Ebanks is giving more time like I have been begging for it helps the team out on both sides of the ball. He has to get meaningful mins alongside the starters. His last 2 gms vs NY & Wiz he gave some solid production & effort on the court. NY gm was better than Wiz gm especially him on defense. I thought above all the other reserves he would take a dramatic step forward. the dui & coaching changed messed everything up at beginning cuz he got absolutely no burn. but now Coach D is so desperate to find other lineups & game changing tempo lineups Ebanks is finally working himself into the roster. lets just hope it continues.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#327 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,054 posts

Posted December 15, 2012 - 09:54 AM

^^^^I agree except for Ebanks. If Ebanks is giving more time like I have been begging for it helps the team out on both sides of the ball. He has to get meaningful mins alongside the starters. His last 2 gms vs NY & Wiz he gave some solid production & effort on the court. NY gm was better than Wiz gm especially him on defense. I thought above all the other reserves he would take a dramatic step forward. the dui & coaching changed messed everything up at beginning cuz he got absolutely no burn. but now Coach D is so desperate to find other lineups & game changing tempo lineups Ebanks is finally working himself into the roster. lets just hope it continues.

A lot of it has to do with Jamison playing like absolute crap. Let's see if Ebanks makes it three in a row against Philly. Hopefully.

#328 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,924 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 18, 2012 - 09:20 PM

This team sucks.

Adding to that...we need to SLOW DOWN. We have to play through Kobe and Dwight, in a slow halfcourt game that benefits THEM, as if they are superstars (because, uh, they ARE superstars), and that will give us more energy back on the defensive end.

We can't play Nash basketball. We can't play like we're 25 years old. Kobe and Dwight have to be on the attack, so it frees up our shooters. This idea that they should be different players, anything different from what they have been as successful superstars, is asinine.

We need:

1) Delonte West to come in and defend at the point. Doesn't matter if he can't run an offense like Steve Nash...we need him at the point, starting until Nash is healthy, and then playing solid minutes BEHIND Nash. Duhon, Morris, Blake...see ya later.

2) Kobe attacks, facilitates when Dwight Howard isn't. The whole idea is to force doubles on one OR the other. If they won't double Dwight, force them to. If they won't double Kobe, force it. That's how we benefit from two superstars, and in turn, that's how guys like Gasol and Jamison can rake in 15-point games.

We don't need Kobe to throw over five assists a night. Same with Dwight. Same with Gasol. We just need shooters to spread the floor and actually make their shots. If they can't hit, if they aren't playing the right way...if they aren't a threat...then it becomes easier to defend our two superstars.

3) Less offensive struggles = more defensive energy. Obvious.

4) Funnel ALL players into the middle of the paint OR baseline, for Dwight and Gasol, but don't do both (in other words, have a defensive strategy). If Dwight (defensive anchor) and Kobe (defensive helper) can't get on the same page with the other three players on the court, whoever they may be, our defense will continue to slide. It's a guarantee.

5) STOP giving Ron Artest 12+ shots a night. Stop. We aren't Phoenix. He's not Raja Bell or Leandro Barbosa. He shouldn't be launching shots, and he shouldn't be trying to take his man off the dribble and attempting any kind of a layup.

----------

This team's play is laughable right now. It's also depressing. Maybe we should just run faster, for fun, play Kobe 45 minutes a night as if he was Wilt back in the 60s, and land a lottery pick.

EDIT: Oops, no pick.

#329 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted December 18, 2012 - 10:12 PM

Agreed, Real Deal.

This team needs a lot of changes, and we are still [expletive]ing terrible.

#330 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 5,002 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted December 18, 2012 - 11:55 PM

Agree with Real Deal, mostly.

A few ideas from an idiot abroad...
1. I'm not sure, why Mitch is trying to save pocketmoney (by Laker standards) by keeping end-of-the-bench guys around.
I'd say Mitch should do whatever is necessary to move Ebanks, Clark, Duhon, Morris or Blake (preferrably all of them) for an overpaid wing on a tolerable contract (Ariza?) or future draft picks or cash or anything...
Sacre, Duhon, Ebanks for Ariza?

2. Start playing a bit of pick-and-roll with Howard! He is the best roll-man in the league and yet they prefer to make him post up.

3. Stagger their minutes a lot more so that Pau get as many minutes as possible as the C. Pau isn't a good fit and neither is Jordan Hill and i expect them to be traded soon, but as long as they're here they should play where they're most effective.

#331 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,054 posts

Posted December 19, 2012 - 12:39 AM

I'm glad we came back and won the game and went on that 30-4 run.

Edited by Majesty, December 19, 2012 - 12:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users