Photo

What is the solution? Are the Lakers just a bad team?

• Please log in to reply
330 replies to this topic

#301 AirTupac

AirTupac

Rookie

• 470 posts
  • Name:Tupac
  • Fan Since:96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 13, 2012 - 08:21 PM

I hate Jamison. I hate his blank expression. Whenever I look into his eyes, I just see confusion and darkness.
To Live and Die in L.A

#302 AirTupac

AirTupac

Rookie

• 470 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 08:21 PM

I also hate Morris almost as much as Steve Blake if not more.
To Live and Die in L.A

#303 Rad

Rad

• 1,628 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 08:24 PM

I hate Jamison. I hate his blank expression. Whenever I look into his eyes, I just see confusion and darkness.

I also hate Morris almost as much as Steve Blake if not more.

Silky Johnson.. is that you?

#304 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,084 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 13, 2012 - 08:28 PM

lol

Pau Gasol is GONE

#305 AirTupac

AirTupac

Rookie

• 470 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 08:34 PM

I'm a turd hater.
To Live and Die in L.A

#306 AirTupac

AirTupac

Rookie

• 470 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 08:36 PM

This is what I see everytime they do a close up of Jamison

Posted Image

Edited by AirTupac, December 13, 2012 - 08:37 PM.

To Live and Die in L.A

#307 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,748 posts
  • Name:Drazard

Posted December 13, 2012 - 08:38 PM

I hate Charles Barkley but this time he has a point, its clearly why the lakers struggle because of the up tempo game which really hurt the Los Angeles Lakers, Steve Nash and Pau Gasol is out sure that is good excuse why the lakers struggle but the Lakers should not be like this worst even without those 2 Star furthermore the reason why the lakers doesn't fit up tempo game it because they are aging and the worst part is Dwight Howard is the only Athletic Member of this roster.

Charles Barkley was right it was not the roster fault it was the system fault, he needs to change it into slower pace which is the Lakers reduce their turnover. When the time Steve Nash is back it might help a little but in the defensive ends not that much or become much worst.

33bkfif.jpg

#308 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,702 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 13, 2012 - 08:39 PM

This is what I see everytime they do a close up of Jamison

Posted Image

The irony of all of this (including the Lakers vs Knicks score in the corner) makes the universe explode.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#309 AirTupac

AirTupac

Rookie

• 470 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 08:40 PM

The irony of all of this (including the Lakers vs Knicks score in the corner) makes the universe explode.

WHOA, I didn't even notice that. Wow lol.
To Live and Die in L.A

#310 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,318 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 08:42 PM

The darkness of the steepest cliffs of the world.There is no light, only darkness. The end of the world is nigh!

Edited by Chad, December 13, 2012 - 08:42 PM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#311 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,553 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted December 13, 2012 - 08:42 PM

Lol

#312 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted December 13, 2012 - 08:51 PM

Let's see who stepped up and who didn't

Kobe 31
Howard 20
MWP 23 at near 50% shooting
Ebanks 15 ...
Meeks 12 but 3 for 11 but the effort was there

And who was crap...

Jamison 3
Duhon 3

just.... sigh...

Well Delonte coming soon anyway so we don't have to worry about Duhon. But Jamison just... how can one fall off so terribly after back to back 30 point games.,

bcuz his shots been off all season,,,,such a disapointment, i pray we trade him, i pray to ghandi that we trade Jamison for a SF and i pray to the basketball gods that we sign Delonte

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#313 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 12:12 PM

I told everyone Jamison wasn't a good signing and we need more defensive players in the off season.. but nobody ever listens

#314 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,239 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted December 14, 2012 - 12:31 PM

I told everyone Jamison wasn't a good signing and we need more defensive players in the off season.. but nobody ever listens

Lol the nerve. I haven't seen you around much, probably because Morris has been playing awful. I also didn't see you around when Jamison was on his hot streak, but when he struggles... *POOF* you appear like a huge, trolling genie..

#315 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,777 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 14, 2012 - 12:32 PM

You guys have to remember that those guys were signed with Nash and Dwight in mind. They weren't meant to carry the load in any way. They were meant to feed off Nash offensively and be hidden by Dwight defensively.

Until our starting lineup is on the floor at the same time and healthy, all of the commentary about role players is moot and exquisitely premature.

#316 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 12:44 PM

Lol the nerve. I haven't seen you around much, probably because Morris has been playing awful. I also didn't see you around when Jamison was on his hot streak, but when he struggles... *POOF* you appear like a huge, trolling genie..

their performances have nothing to do with when I post or when I don't post... it's really just awkward timing

#317 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,702 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 03:21 PM

Kyler puts it perfectly

Steve Kyler:

I think that until you have Steve Nash and Pau Gasol back your talking about a team with two bona fide All-Stars playing with guys that might not start in the D-League.
I have said from the beginning of this… age, durability and Steve Nash… Nash makes this work. I know the response to that is Nash isn’t gonna play defense either, but the Lakers will get better defensively, when they don’t have to work so hard offensively.
When the game is “bucket and get back… bucket and get back” that is when things will get easier. The Lakers are missing their best playmaker and their second best rebounder and post player… that is a ton of what this team is.

There are not many teams that can be missing their starting point guard and power forward and win a ton of games… they are dysfunctional because the bench can not replicate what the starters bring… a mile wide and inch deep.
Until Nash and Gasol are back, you can’t judge this Laker team fairly, they have all their money invested in four all-stars… the bench is either inexperienced or past their prime, save Jodie Meeks and he plays the same spot Kobe does.
Rome was not built in a day and the Lakers still don’t have the team they thought they’d have. Don’t blame Kobe, he's trying to keep his team afloat.

Its easy to second guess coaches from the cheap seats… but you have to play the guys you have and most coaches are going to play the guys they trust and feel can give them the best chance to win.

There was a time when Tracy McGrady had the power to get a coach fired, now he can’t win games in China… when you win you have power, when you lose you don’t.

#318 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted December 14, 2012 - 03:37 PM

Antawn Jamison was brought in for the Princeton offense, not a faster-paced run and gun. This was made clear as day by Eddie Jordan on NBATV before the season started, and it was obvious when we decided to apply the offense.

And every person on LN knew that Jamison is a bad defensive player.

#319 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted December 14, 2012 - 03:42 PM

Jamison still has value as a stretch 4, but he's not going to look that great playing starter minutes. I don't know how much a 39 year old Steve Nash can do for us either, to be honest.

#320 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,702 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 04:23 PM

people forgot the Wizards game is today =p no game day thread hehe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users