Photo

What is the solution? Are the Lakers just a bad team?

• Please log in to reply
330 replies to this topic

#261 Alpha Four

Alpha Four

Fugitive Alien

• 501 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 11, 2012 - 09:53 PM

I wonder if all these guys that are panicking at the quarter-way mark of the season were around during the post-Shaq era or when we had Smush Parker as our starting PG.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#262 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,552 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted December 11, 2012 - 09:57 PM

I wonder if all these guys that are panicking at the quarter-way mark of the season were around during the post-Shaq era or when we had Smush Parker as our starting PG.

Post-Shaq era we were bound to lose. We are losing with a team that looks amazing on paper. I'm pretty sure it's okay to panic. But all in all were still not healthy so we shouldn't have the panic meter at 10

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#263 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,801 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 11, 2012 - 10:01 PM

Dear Kobe,

It's not baffling. A point Guard driven offense requires playmaking...you're the only real option. Do the math, Mamba.

Thanks,

Common Sense.

#264 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,318 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 11, 2012 - 10:12 PM

Dear Kobe,

It's not baffling. A point Guard driven offense requires playmaking...you're the only real option. Do the math, Mamba.

Thanks,

Common Sense.

Dear GCMD,

Playmaking only appears on the stats sheet when your players make the shots you get them.

You're Welcome,
The Mamba

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#265 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,878 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted December 11, 2012 - 10:19 PM

Lakers stink
The Lakers FO knows more than you. Sorry.

#266 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted December 11, 2012 - 10:39 PM

we'll be fine. i garuntee it. once january comes,this team wont lose another game. (we honestly might have a couple 15 game W streaks,,,they would be needed...)

100% dwight to sure up our defensive rebound issues(and get more possessions of O - offensive boards), dwight will also help our D a good amount.

Nash to stop the turnovers and get every1 easy baskets,,,and hes a shooter

Delonte to save the 2nd unit, that desperately needs a wing who can create offense.

this team will be GREAT,,,ill take on any serious betters saying we wont win the championship this year (health stipulation included,lol)

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#267 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 11, 2012 - 10:50 PM

Dear GCMD,

Playmaking only appears on the stats sheet when your players make the shots you get them.

You're Welcome,
Mamba Out

Fixed.

#268 211275

Rookie

• 189 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 11:18 PM

Go ahead and root for the Clippers. Thanks for jumping off the bandwagon express

Sorry, I am no bandwagon fan. I have been a Lakers fan my entire life. Even thru the awful years with Kwame, the Del Harris years with Sam Bowie etc...I have also been a Clippers fan growing up as that was my uncles team and he used to take me to games since it was always cheaper than Laker games. The difference with those mid 90s Laker teams were they just lacked talented players. This Lakers team has 2 of the top 5 players in the NBA and several all stars on the roster and you are going to let the JAZZ drop 117 on you in your house and lose and then let arguably the worst team in the NBA drop 100 on you and lose to them too? Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. This Laker team has ZERO heart, motivation, pride or character. They are just awful to watch on both ends of the floor. I have seen high school teams play harder and better. They should be ashamed to wear a Lakers uniform.

#269 AirTupac

AirTupac

Rookie

• 470 posts
  • Name:Tupac
  • Fan Since:96

Posted December 11, 2012 - 11:35 PM

Sorry, I am no bandwagon fan. I have been a Lakers fan my entire life. Even thru the awful years with Kwame, the Del Harris years with Sam Bowie etc...I have also been a Clippers fan growing up as that was my uncles team and he used to take me to games since it was always cheaper than Laker games. The difference with those mid 90s Laker teams were they just lacked talented players. This Lakers team has 2 of the top 5 players in the NBA and several all stars on the roster and you are going to let the JAZZ drop 117 on you in your house and lose and then let arguably the worst team in the NBA drop 100 on you and lose to them too? Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. This Laker team has ZERO heart, motivation, pride or character. They are just awful to watch on both ends of the floor. I have seen high school teams play harder and better. They should be ashamed to wear a Lakers uniform.

Cool, go be a Clippers fan. The Laker organization doesn't need flip flopping fans.
To Live and Die in L.A

#270 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,872 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted December 12, 2012 - 12:02 AM

This Lakers team has 2 of the top 5 players in the NBA and several all stars on the roster and you are going to let the JAZZ drop 117 on you in your house and lose and then let arguably the worst team in the NBA drop 100 on you and lose to them too?

Kobe Bryant
Dwight Howard
-----------------------------
Antawn Jamison
Ron Artest
Jodie Meeks
Jordan Hill
Chris Duhon
Devin Ebanks
Darius Morris

You talk about the Jazz game, and the Cavaliers game. Who are the "several all-stars" on our roster?

#271 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,318 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 12:06 AM

Kobe Bryant
Dwight Howard
Antawn Jamison
Ron Artest
Jodie Meeks
Jordan Hill
Chris Duhon
Devin Ebanks
Darius Morris

You talk about the Jazz game, and the Cavaliers game. Who are the "several all-stars" on our roster?

They are injured but people love to forget that and overstate the roster's strengths to make their argument and knowledge seem bigger than it actually is. That entire list only Artest could have been considered Borderline. Our three best players as of right now that are playing are Kobe Dwight and Artest and of those three only Kobe is going to go off for 28-31 a night if we needed him to. But people love to forget that too.

#272 leebo508

leebo508

Rookie

• 47 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted December 12, 2012 - 12:10 AM

Lakers have talent, but no heart. Crappy bench, bad team defense. I would think a team with Dwight Howard, Kobe, and World Peace would be a good defensive team. Apparently not. Huge roster changes need to be made as well. The 2nd unit is pure garbage.

Most of all we need a PG who has speed and can play D. He should be able to stay in front of guards and defend pick and rolls. Dwight can definitely defend the pick and roll with his speed, but if the PG can't do the same, it's gonna be a problem, no matter how good your big man is.
We tested. We battle tested. We battle tested baby! We know what we gotta do.

#273 211275

Rookie

• 189 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 12:13 AM

Kobe Bryant
Dwight Howard
Antawn Jamison
Ron Artest
Jodie Meeks
Jordan Hill
Chris Duhon
Devin Ebanks
Darius Morris

More excuses. It doesnt matter if Nash and Pau are hurt. A team with Kobe and Dwight losing to garbage teams with a few wins and getting dominated at home by crap road teams dropping 117 on you is just pathetic and unacceptable. Anyone who can actually defend the way this pathetic team is playing is the biggest homer in the history of sports. They are soft, pathetic and have no heart. Losers.

Edited by 211275, December 12, 2012 - 12:14 AM.

#274 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,872 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 12:13 AM

They are injured

And even then, Nash's 13/11 barely got him into the ASG last season (I could have picked more-deserving guards, to be honest), while Gasol wasn't an all-star last year (and definitely isn't this season).

So, we have two superstars, an all-star reserve (that played four minutes in the ASG), and a borderline all-star (who isn't playing like that anymore)...and they have played a total of 1.5 games together this season.

But yeah...that's how things go.

#275 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,872 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 12:16 AM

More excuses. It doesnt matter if Nash and Pau are hurt. A team with Kobe and Dwight losing to garbage teams with a few losses is just pathetic and unacceptable. Anyone who can actually defend the way this pathetic team is playing is the biggest homer in the history of sports. They are soft, pathetic and have no heart. Losers.

I was simply pointing out the major flaw in your post.

Did you get to see the Miami Heat lose that game to the 1-13 (at the time) Washington Wizards, by any chance? Now that's a team with two superstars and an all-star actually playing together, and the defending champs, at that...and Washington didn't have John Wall, either.

#276 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,037 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted December 12, 2012 - 12:22 AM

At this point in the season, considering the fact that we'd have to go about 40-20 (as Fido said) to even make the playoffs, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little worried. I have a feeling besides Kobe, Dwight, and sometimes MWP, nobody is really trying to play defense to make use of Dwight. And honestly, even D12's defense is a bit lackadaisical at times. Time is running out, and I think Mitch will have to make some changes. I would strongly be in favor of bringing Delonte back, and also think Pau should be traded for someone that can play defense and hit the open 3 consistently.

I haven't lost hope that the Lakers can win a title. It will be tough not having HC for a few rounds, but it's definitely doable, there just needs to be some work done.

#277 211275

Rookie

• 189 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 12:37 AM

Did you get to see the Miami Heat lose that game to the 1-13 (at the time) Washington Wizards, by any chance? Now that's a team with two superstars and an all-star actually playing together, and the defending champs, at that...and Washington didn't have John Wall, either.

The Heat are also 14-5 and leading their division, they are allowed to have an off night. The Lakers have had pretty much nothing but off nights. Big difference.

#278 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,318 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 12:44 AM

People like to say stuff like "more excuses" when a hole in their logic is pointed out that can't me countered.

But we've played a grand total of 1 and a half games and NONE under D'antoni's system with Nash leading the way at all.

Those that say we're a bad defensive team, a lot of points we give up come from our turnovers, turnovers that won't happen if Nash is playing the point guard position for us.

We wouldn't even get close in these games where we turn the ball over for what feels like 20 times if we couldn't play good defense. The problems which are of many, turnovers are the main catalyst. Those that say Nash would still turnover the ball would have a very hard time trying to argue that we'd turn the ball over 19 times in a half if Nash was our point guard. the fact we even got back into the game is a miracle considering all the turnovers.

Eventually numbers WILL catch up to teams regardless of what they are doing. We aren't going to win many games if we turnover the ball so often and that's just how it is. It's our main defensive problem and the reason teams get out and run on us. We cut down on turnovers in the 2nd half against Cleveland, and how many fast break points did they get then?

Turnovers because Nash isn't our point guard is THE thing that is costing us games more than anything else.

Gasol's help defense sucks, Jamison is inconsistent and makes dumb fouls, Kobe forces shots he shouldn't even though no one else on the team is hitting the broad side of a barn, Dwight goes 3 for 9 or refuses to get out on a jump shooting center like Verejao. ALL these things don't lose us the game or these games if we don't turn the ball over so much. The Cavs got 34+ points off of our turnovers tonight and wound up only scoring 100. That means they only scored 60 or so points via other means.

We're a good defensive team that turns over the ball too darn much. That's pretty much our biggest problem that needs fixing in my opinion. One of many but our biggest.

The Heat are also 14-5 and leading their division, they are allowed to have an off night. The Lakers have had pretty much nothing but off nights. Big difference.

The Heat also have been together for 3 years, had a full training camp to implement a system and don't have to deal with two of their superstars that are still superstars being injured. But they are more allowed to have an "off game" than we are in your opinion and by your logic?

I think I'm starting to find your angle.

Edited by Majesty, December 12, 2012 - 12:45 AM.

#279 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,872 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 12:59 AM

Then let's talk about the 2010-11 Miami Heat, who started their season 9-8 with every contributing player healthy.

The Clippers have always been your second favorite team? For two years, or...? Because most of their time, before last year, they have been one of the worst franchises in the NBA.

In 2010-11, they went 32-50. Did you ditch the Clippers then, and then start liking them again the following season? How does that work?

#280 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,318 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 01:08 AM

Kobe on team problems

"This it the most challenging stretch I've been in in my 17 years, for sure. The most baffling." His point was that he doesn't understand why this team is 9-13 when he expects it to be a championship-level team. The more Kobe talked, the more he said he still has a good feeling about how this will end up, though. He cited turnovers and transition defense as the main ongoing problems but also wants to see more intensity throughout the team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users