Photo

What is the solution? Are the Lakers just a bad team?

• Please log in to reply
330 replies to this topic

#201 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,170 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 09, 2012 - 09:23 PM

Other team can stop fast break opportunity but the lakers can't?

I wonder why?

Cause we are 2nd in the league in turnovers per game that's why. I just told you that we nearly lead the league in turnovers which is where we give up the most points.

The older teams in the league don't turn over the ball as much as we do, thus they defend the fast break better. Because they don't have to deal with fast breaks off turnovers like we do.

We're one of 4 teams in the league that is top 10 in both offense and defense

We are 5th in the league in 3 point shooting.

But we nearly lead the league in turnovers per game.

TURNOVERS are our main problem.

Edited by Majesty, December 09, 2012 - 09:24 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#202 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,876 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 09, 2012 - 09:30 PM

Cause we are 2nd in the league in turnovers per game that's why. I just told you that we nearly lead the league in turnovers which is where we give up the most points.

The older teams in the league don't turn over the ball as much as we do, thus they defend the fast break better. Because they don't have to deal with fast breaks off turnovers like we do.

We're one of 4 teams in the league that is top 10 in both offense and defense

We are 5th in the league in 3 point shooting.

But we nearly lead the league in turnovers per game.

TURNOVERS are our main problem.

Lakers has almost the same turnover as last year

yet if I'm not mistaken they are not that worst in fast break defense

I wonder what happen to this year LMAO

33bkfif.jpg

#203 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,553 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted December 09, 2012 - 09:33 PM

We just have no effort.
And although many are saying our Defense sucks, our Offense is just as bad in my opinion.
Yeah our 3 point shooting is better than previous years but the Offense seems like it has NO FLOW.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#204 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kimagure Orange Road

• 8,974 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Grant

Posted December 09, 2012 - 09:35 PM

The Lakers can win when they realize they need to bring some bloody effort.

"You watch anime?"

- "Yeah, I just got into it! Just recently, I just started watching Attack on Ti-"

"Get away from me, pleb."

#205 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted December 09, 2012 - 09:37 PM

The solution is to give [expletive]ing effort for 48 minutes.

Posted Image

#206 avcpl

avcpl

Rookie

• 803 posts
  • Fan Since:since my dad took me to see "Wilt the Stilt" at the Forum
  • Fav. Laker:whoever wins the next game

Posted December 09, 2012 - 09:42 PM

Are the Lakers just a bad team?

I'm thinking...yes.

#207 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 09:59 PM

Our defense needs to get better. So far we've fixed one thing at a time

- Bench. Check
- 3 point shooting. Check
- Overall offense. Check

Turnovers will improve once we get Nash back

We need to buckle down and work on defense

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#208 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,170 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 10:03 PM

Our defense needs to get better. So far we've fixed one thing at a time

- Bench. Check
- 3 point shooting. Check
- Overall offense. Check

Turnovers will improve once we get Nash back

We need to buckle down and work on defense

Sad thing is, the moment Meeks finally has found himself and is going on hot streaks Jamison seems to have lost himself again.

Even our Rebounds was alright tonight. Utah had 40 rebounds we had 39.

Turnovers is what got us tonight and the points off turnovers, and the Jazz scoring on the interior so much.

We absolutely need both Jamison AND Meeks scoring if we're gonna be successful. This is the WRONG time for Jamison to suddenly lose himself when Meeks is hitting a hot streak(which comes and goes as we know those familiar with Meeks)

Edited by Majesty, December 09, 2012 - 10:07 PM.

#209 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,623 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted December 09, 2012 - 11:27 PM

DEFENSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#210 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted December 09, 2012 - 11:30 PM

Sad thing is, the moment Meeks finally has found himself and is going on hot streaks Jamison seems to have lost himself again.

Even our Rebounds was alright tonight. Utah had 40 rebounds we had 39.

Turnovers is what got us tonight and the points off turnovers, and the Jazz scoring on the interior so much.

We absolutely need both Jamison AND Meeks scoring if we're gonna be successful. This is the WRONG time for Jamison to suddenly lose himself when Meeks is hitting a hot streak(which comes and goes as we know those familiar with Meeks)

na bruh , we gave up way too many offensive rebounds! 16! dwight at 100% is the solution

DEFENSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

yessir! dwight at 100% helps that alot!

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#211 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,170 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 11:39 PM

na bruh , we gave up way too many offensive rebounds! 16! dwight at 100% is the solution

yessir! dwight at 100% helps that alot!

Know what would also help a lot?

Your forum name :P

#212 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted December 09, 2012 - 11:53 PM

Lmfao you know this whole season has been
1) Wait till Mike Brown is fired - WE WILL BE FINE
2) Wait till Nash is healthy - WE WILL BE FINE
3) Wait till Howard is 100% - WE WILL BE FINE
4) Wait till Pau is 100% -WE WILL BE FINE
5) Trade PAU - then WE WILL BE FINE

this whole damned season i swear we are cursed.
Laker fan for life.

#213 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 - 12:00 AM

Know what would also help a lot?

Your forum name :P

yup! and most of lakernation thinks its gunna happen..

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#214 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 - 12:04 AM

Lmfao you know this whole season has been
1) Wait till Mike Brown is fired - WE WILL BE FINE
2) Wait till Nash is healthy - WE WILL BE FINE
3) Wait till Howard is 100% - WE WILL BE FINE
4) Wait till Pau is 100% -WE WILL BE FINE
5) Trade PAU - then WE WILL BE FINE

this whole damned season i swear we are cursed.

honestly we've had really bad luck,even with the bad cards we've been dealt. we should be .500 right now :( i know for a fact once mid january comes we'll start streaking as the hottest team,,,i just pray we dont dig oursleves such a deep hole that we cant get a top 3 seed in the conference.. you know what tho, in the west, youre gunna have a tuff matchup every round, and when our team is at 100% health ,im not scarred of any team in the league, for real.

Edited by GMTradePau4aBench, December 10, 2012 - 12:05 AM.

#215 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 10, 2012 - 12:49 AM

The Lakers aren't a sure thing to beat any kind of team. That's a big problem. Whatever the excuse is, the Lakers have struggled against every kind of team, bad or good. The Heat never had these kind of problems. At some point, when are the Lakers just a bad team?

Like I said after the OKC game when people were SO impressed with the Lakers' 2nd half, let's see what happens afterward. Sure enough, they get beat by a team nowhere near great.

The Lakers are running out of time to turn their season around. It's still early, but the Lakers aren't a sure thing to even beat bad teams. Who knows how big of a hole the Lakers might dig themselves the way things are going?

It's time to make roster moves.

Posted Image

#216 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 - 01:04 AM

The Lakers aren't a sure thing to beat any kind of team. That's a big problem. Whatever the excuse is, the Lakers have struggled against every kind of team, bad or good. The Heat never had these kind of problems. At some point, when are the Lakers just a bad team?

Like I said after the OKC game when people were SO impressed with the Lakers' 2nd half, let's see what happens afterward. Sure enough, they get beat by a team nowhere near great.

The Lakers are running out of time to turn their season around. It's still early, but the Lakers aren't a sure thing to even beat bad teams. Who knows how big of a hole the Lakers might dig themselves the way things are going?

It's time to make roster moves.

we are a bad team, when we are healthy and still losing.
and the heat started off basically 500% through their first 20 games together...

#217 211275

Rookie

• 190 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 - 01:05 AM

A quarter thru the season now and this team is still pathetic. Losing to garbage teams while they drop 110+ on you is just inexcusable. Especially when you have 2 of the top 5 players in the league!! You think a team with LeBron and Wade would let this happen? This team is a joke.

#218 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 - 01:12 AM

we are a bad team, when we are healthy and still losing.
and the heat started off basically 500% through their first 20 games together...

You don't need to be at full health to project what a team is. Nash isn't going to help every single problem this team does. He'll cut down the turnovers, but they scored 117 points. The Lakers can't defend in the half court either.

The Heat never dipped below .500 this far out and were losing to mostly good teams. They just looked a lot better even at their worst.

The Lakers are running out of time already, even though we're only 1/3 through December. The Lakers are struggling that badly.

Posted Image

#219 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,170 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 - 01:24 AM

You don't need to be at full health to project what a team is. Nash isn't going to help every single problem this team does. He'll cut down the turnovers, but they scored 117 points. The Lakers can't defend in the half court either.

The Heat never dipped below .500 this far out and were losing to mostly good teams. They just looked a lot better even at their worst.

The Lakers are running out of time already, even though we're only 1/3 through December. The Lakers are struggling that badly.

Our problems are turnovers.

And take Bosh and Wade off the Heat and how does that team start? WITH Bosh and Wade they started 9 and 8.
Make Bosh 70% and sit Wade and make LeBron about 70% health wise and tell me if the Heat would have even started 9 and 8. Oh and fire Spoelstra while they were going through the period of trying to find their offense and bring in a brand new coach and system.

Got it? What is the Heat's record in your mind then?

Alright now let's look at ourselves. TURNOVERS are our main issue because of team chemistry new systems and needing Nash to be the main anchor of how we run this offense.

We are ONE OF FOUR teams in the NBA that is top 10 in both OFFENSE and DEFENSE

And we are FIFTH in the league in three point shooting.

Now those factors alone say we should be a top tier team

But then look at the fact that we barely not leading the league in turnovers. We were first, now we're second, only one other team in the entire NBA is worse than us at turning over the ball and a majority of our opponents points come off of turnovers.

Lowering our turnovers is the first major step and Nash fixes a lot of that. Kobe put it pretty perfectly he said "D'antoni's offense is built around a facilitating point guard like Nash and no other point guard runs it as great as he does even though Duhon has done an alright job." And Duhon has, but he is no Nash, there's a lot of decisions Duhon caused turnovers on that Nash just wouldn't have. And that is the main factor, with Nash our turnovers go WAY down and we no longer have 3 to 4 players designated to bring the ball up the court in multiple possessions.

But also what Kobe said was this "But we need to bring urgency on the defensive end every single night and not just when we're down 13." This is also true.

Yet and still Utah scored 25 points on us off of turnovers and a big majority of their fast break points were OFF turnovers which is why they beat us down the court.

Take away 10 points off that and we win this game and MANY others that we've lost. 5 less turnovers a game and we have a winning record.

Seems small but it's very huge. Nash taking away turnovers is a BIG help to us. Till then we'll just have to bring the effort defensively to an extreme amount, and we need to space a little differently. But our halfcourt defense is actually pretty good, we are top 10 in the league in both interior and wing defense. So it seems it all comes down to the points we give off of turnovers.

So thus turnovers is our main problem and honestly our main defensive foil. So THAT needs to be fixed. To me above all else.

Edited by Majesty, December 10, 2012 - 01:32 AM.

#220 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 - 02:48 AM

Our problems are turnovers.

And take Bosh and Wade off the Heat and how does that team start? WITH Bosh and Wade they started 9 and 8.
Make Bosh 70% and sit Wade and make LeBron about 70% health wise and tell me if the Heat would have even started 9 and 8. Oh and fire Spoelstra while they were going through the period of trying to find their offense and bring in a brand new coach and system.

Got it? What is the Heat's record in your mind then?

Alright now let's look at ourselves. TURNOVERS are our main issue because of team chemistry new systems and needing Nash to be the main anchor of how we run this offense.

We are ONE OF FOUR teams in the NBA that is top 10 in both OFFENSE and DEFENSE

And we are FIFTH in the league in three point shooting.

Now those factors alone say we should be a top tier team

But then look at the fact that we barely not leading the league in turnovers. We were first, now we're second, only one other team in the entire NBA is worse than us at turning over the ball and a majority of our opponents points come off of turnovers.

Lowering our turnovers is the first major step and Nash fixes a lot of that. Kobe put it pretty perfectly he said "D'antoni's offense is built around a facilitating point guard like Nash and no other point guard runs it as great as he does even though Duhon has done an alright job." And Duhon has, but he is no Nash, there's a lot of decisions Duhon caused turnovers on that Nash just wouldn't have. And that is the main factor, with Nash our turnovers go WAY down and we no longer have 3 to 4 players designated to bring the ball up the court in multiple possessions.

But also what Kobe said was this "But we need to bring urgency on the defensive end every single night and not just when we're down 13." This is also true.

Yet and still Utah scored 25 points on us off of turnovers and a big majority of their fast break points were OFF turnovers which is why they beat us down the court.

Take away 10 points off that and we win this game and MANY others that we've lost. 5 less turnovers a game and we have a winning record.

Seems small but it's very huge. Nash taking away turnovers is a BIG help to us. Till then we'll just have to bring the effort defensively to an extreme amount, and we need to space a little differently. But our halfcourt defense is actually pretty good, we are top 10 in the league in both interior and wing defense. So it seems it all comes down to the points we give off of turnovers.

So thus turnovers is our main problem and honestly our main defensive foil. So THAT needs to be fixed. To me above all else.

Excuses.

Injuries always have a role in things, and you have to factor them into the equation. The Heat's big 3 are younger and are less prone to injury. At this point, the Lakers need to make sure they can survive without Nash. He's 39 years old. It's likely to happen again.

Most of the Heat's players in 2010-2011 were new, so they all had to learn a new system. And they were able to at remain afloat even at their worst. The Lakers are 3 games under ,500 and have lost to terrible teams.

Cutting down on turnovers will help. But, the rest of the team is just too old to keep up with other teams with or without turnovers. Players always get past the initial defense, and the help defense is always needed because of that. Dwight is great, but he shouldn't need to help every time.

The Lakers are now 15th in defensive efficiency by the way. Without Howard, the Lakers would be much worse. When he has bad games, the Lakers are going to give up 110+ every time.

The Lakers would be so much better if the Lakers could at least defend initially some of the time. The Lakers' defense is all Dwight Howard right now. He's making the numbers look not as bad.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users