Photo

What is the solution? Are the Lakers just a bad team?

• Please log in to reply
330 replies to this topic

#181 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted December 08, 2012 - 05:11 AM

see we just dont view the players similarly,,,our scouting reports would be much,much different on the players you want to trade for.
you said Ariza can be a scorer(hinting he can be a 1st or 2nd option) i dont think he can be that,,,i also dont think derrick williams can be that.. (both ariza and williams have failed time and time again at being a go-to-ish option,and are now demoted,consequently)

once again, let me know when derrick williams is at least as good as michael beasley,,,me and kobe are a bit impacient at the moment, time is of the escence.

all im sayin bruh, is that derrick williams is not a good enough piece for that trade to be even CLOSE to fair. if we traded for Ariza, Barea , and Jordan Crawford - GREAT trade . if we traded for (hypothetically/impossibly) Ariza,Barrea, Beasley - GREAT trade . if we traded for Ariza , Barrea , Karalinko - im with it (havnt seen Karilinko this year ,but im damn sure hes better than Williams).

we could have BEEN traded Gasol for a package centered around Williams, WE DONT WANT THAT , for good reason.(and ariza and barrea are NOT potent enough scorers to package around him)

Edited by GMTradePau4aBench, December 08, 2012 - 05:21 AM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#182 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 40,026 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 08, 2012 - 05:27 AM

see we just dont view the players similarly,,,our scouting reports would be much,much different on the players you want to trade for.
you said Ariza can be a scorer(hinting he can be a 1st or 2nd option) i dont think he can be that,,,i also dont think derrick williams can be that.. (both ariza and williams have failed time and time again at being a go-to-ish option,and are now demoted,consequently)

once again, let me know when derrick williams is at least as good as michael beasley,,,me and kobe are a bit impacient at the moment, time is of the escence.

all im sayin bruh, is that derrick williams is not a good enough piece for that trade to be even CLOSE to fair. if we traded for Ariza, Barea , and Jordan Crawford - GREAT trade . if we traded for (hypothetically/impossibly) Ariza,Barrea, Beasley - GREAT trade . if we traded for Ariza , Barrea , Karalinko - im with it (havnt seen Karilinko this year ,but im damn sure hes better than Williams).

we could have BEEN traded Gasol for a package centered around Williams, WE DONT WANT THAT , for good reason.(and ariza and barrea are NOT potent enough scorers to package around him)

Ariza can be a first or second option off the bench. That's what I was referring to. If we wanted to go to Ariza for scoring with our bench he could do that and can play defense. Williams is potential but he'd be the best "potential" that we've kept around for the "youth" on the team on our bench when it comes to someone to work with.

No team would give us Jordan Crawford. I think you're overreaching.

Getting Barea, Williams and Ariza for our bench while just giving up Pau, Clark and Ebanks isn't a bad trade at all I feel.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#183 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts

Posted December 08, 2012 - 05:40 AM

Ariza can be a first or second option off the bench. That's what I was referring to. If we wanted to go to Ariza for scoring with our bench he could do that and can play defense. Williams is potential but he'd be the best "potential" that we've kept around for the "youth" on the team on our bench when it comes to someone to work with.

No team would give us Jordan Crawford. I think you're overreaching.

Getting Barea, Williams and Ariza for our bench while just giving up Pau, Clark and Ebanks isn't a bad trade at all I feel.

ariza isnt that player bruh, he tried to be that player when he left the lakers ,and hes only shot 40% one time in the 4 years since then(41% last year). hes shooting 35% this year,25% from 3,,,i doubt that his offensive role on THE WIZARDS is small by choice,especially without john wall. ariza is simply best as a 3rd or 4th option, he went to HOU after he left us to be a 2nd option, and now hes been on two more teams since then because his piss poor offense just doesnt allow him to be valuable(EVEN WITH HIS REALLY GOOD DEFENSE) Ariza is most definetely nothing close to a offensive stud.

and i think we can get a jordan crawford/marcus thorton type player for Pau , only from a guard heavy team tho...

Edited by GMTradePau4aBench, December 08, 2012 - 05:44 AM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#184 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,026 posts

Posted December 08, 2012 - 05:46 AM

ariza isnt that player bruh, he tried to be that player when he left the lakers ,and hes only shot 40% one time in the 4 years since then(41% last year). hes shooting 35% this year,25% from 3,,,i doubt that his offensive role on THE WIZARDS is small by choice,especially without john wall. ariza is simply best as a 3rd or 4th option, he went to HOU after he left us to be a 2nd option, and now hes been on two more teams since then because his piss poor offense just doesnt allow him to be valuable(EVEN WITH HIS REALLY GOOD DEFENSE) Ariza is most definetely nothing close to a offensive stud.

and i think we can get a jordan crawford/marcus thorton type player for Pau , only from a guard heavy team tho...

You can't compare the two.

As I already brought up that those other teams asked Ariza to be a starter or to carry the load offensively as the stating player for a team.

His responsibilities would go back down to being a main portion of our BENCH instead.

You can't say "Ariza ain't that player" as the reason why he shouldn't come off our bench. Because we wouldn't be bringing him here giving him the kind of responsibilities the Rockets etc have. He'd be here to provide bench scoring and be the anchor of our BENCH. It's not asking the same.

Get what I'm saying? We aren't asking Ariza to come in be a starter and play great, we're asking him to come off the bench and score and defend, and THAT he can do very easily. Especially when he's coming off our BENCH.

My entire point is based around what he'd do with our BENCH. So what he did with a starting position and ultimate responsibility of a first unit means little to me because we aren't asking him to do that. Get what I mean?

Edited by Majesty, December 08, 2012 - 05:47 AM.

#185 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts

Posted December 08, 2012 - 05:56 AM

You can't compare the two.

As I already brought up that those other teams asked Ariza to be a starter or to carry the load offensively as the stating player for a team.

His responsibilities would go back down to being a main portion of our BENCH instead.

You can't say "Ariza ain't that player" as the reason why he shouldn't come off our bench. Because we wouldn't be bringing him here giving him the kind of responsibilities the Rockets etc have. He'd be here to provide bench scoring and be the anchor of our BENCH. It's not asking the same.

Get what I'm saying? We aren't asking Ariza to come in be a starter and play great, we're asking him to come off the bench and score and defend, and THAT he can do very easily. Especially when he's coming off our BENCH.

My entire point is based around what he'd do with our BENCH. So what he did with a starting position and ultimate responsibility of a first unit means little to me because we aren't asking him to do that. Get what I mean?

i just dont get where this potential u see, is coming from? where do you see it in him? he doesnt have handles, he doesnt get to the rim more than once a game, hes shooting 25% from 3, he doesnt have a dribble pull up ,,, i dont see the skills. he has in no way proven that he can be a scorer in this leauge,,and im not willing to trade Pau and take a blind leap of faith, by any stretch of a leap.

the argument youre making should be made for someone like Michael Beasley,,who has proven he can score in this league but is having a bad year trying to lead a team in scoring in a starting role. Ariza has never proven to even look like a 1st or 2nd option on any unit,bench or starting. Ariza has never been an offensive player,, again ,make this argument for Nick Young(an offensive player) before trevor ariza. im willing to include Ariza in a trade, but no1 other than you has faith in him to be "the offensive piece" we get in the Pau trade, same goes for barrea ! i dont hate barrea and ariza's games, at all tho

Edited by GMTradePau4aBench, December 08, 2012 - 06:03 AM.

#186 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,392 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted December 08, 2012 - 09:35 AM

Ariza was okay on the Lakers and statistically very bad since. There is no way he is the answer.

#187 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 08, 2012 - 12:03 PM

The more different teams I watch the more I realize there really isn't that much talent in the NBA its like majority scrubs and a few good role players and then even less consistent stars....

Like the 76ers starting Lineup... majority of those players that start would be quality bench players for contending teams... the only player that starts on that team that deserves his role is Jrue Holiday and he is even going through a growing pain phase of trying to be from a good role player to a starting caliber PG (which he is one of my favorite PGs)

#188 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 08, 2012 - 07:38 PM

Getting healthy
Nash will cut down on TOs
4-5 less turnovers a game and we would have 4-5 more wins

Bad pass = TO = fast break that cannot be defended

TOs can be fixed

Before we whine and cry about trading anyone .....cut down on TOs
If we can't do that ....it makes no difference

We are playing our 3rd string PG ..... who can't get the ball where D12 or anyone else wants it = TOs
We have our 2G playing PG and small forward because he's the only one that can really facilitate .....AND SCORE
Our Center is 75-80% at best and not anywhere close to being the DPOY that he can be. Our 3rd best passer has bad knees
Our backup PG is out. Forever???
And 6-7 new guys = TOs
These are not excuses. These are facts
A perfect storm of crap
Its easier to tout them as a "bad team" when you don't think about all the variables
Place any other team through these situations AND YOU HAVE THE SAME CRAP!
IMO
The Jerseys Hanging from the Rafters represent LAKER GREATS who are also NBA GREATS

LAKERS NO FAKERS

#189 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted December 09, 2012 - 02:47 PM

With limited options and the only thing being available are unproven kids... there's not much the lakers can do....

#190 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,553 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted December 09, 2012 - 08:56 PM

Were so bad... Nash won't be the answer... we need to make changes

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#191 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted December 09, 2012 - 08:58 PM

to add on Majesty, Ariza's numbers took a dip since no one is spacing the floor for him. In 09, he was our designated spot up shooter. When you have Dwight and Kobe who will attract double teams, Ariza will be wide open. He's not going to force shots like he is doing now since he's not the primary scorer.

#192 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 09:00 PM

Were so bad... Nash won't be the answer... we need to make changes

nash isnt the answer, hes part of it, but the biggest part of the answer is 100% dwight,,,our D is weak and we're weak on the glass.

#193 AirTupac

AirTupac

Rookie

• 470 posts
  • Name:Tupac
  • Fan Since:96

Posted December 09, 2012 - 09:01 PM

We blow.
To Live and Die in L.A

#194 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,394 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted December 09, 2012 - 09:03 PM

we just don't [expletive]in try. it's not a talent issue.. we're careless and act like we don't give a [expletive].

#195 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,026 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 09:05 PM

to add on Majesty, Ariza's numbers took a dip since no one is spacing the floor for him. In 09, he was our designated spot up shooter. When you have Dwight and Kobe who will attract double teams, Ariza will be wide open. He's not going to force shots like he is doing now since he's not the primary scorer.

Does anyone else now want to disagree with me about adding Barea, Williams and Ariza to our bench?

Or are we still gonna wait on Pau or for a team to get stupid and give us a superstar for him....

But again, TURNOVERS!!!!

Nash takes away turnovers.

But like I said, I hate to say it, but tonight our interior defense was terrible.

70% of Utah's offense tonight was either in the paint or off our turnovers. I think it was 79 points by the Utah Jazz tonight were in the paint and off our turnovers.

THAT is the problem right now. But tonight interior defense was AWFUL! and that is on Hill, Dwight and Jamison's shoulders.

Here is the alarming statistic.

Dwight Howard...only had TWO free throws today... TWO!

D'antoni giving it to the team right now deservedly so.

"Guys are waiting till we're down 15 and then going 'oh alright we're gonna play now' no! That's not the way you do it."

Edited by Majesty, December 09, 2012 - 09:13 PM.

#196 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kimagure Orange Road

• 8,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Grant

Posted December 09, 2012 - 09:16 PM

I'll be optimistic and say 4th seed.

"You watch anime?"

- "Yeah, I just got into it! Just recently, I just started watching Attack on Ti-"

"Get away from me, pleb."

#197 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,457 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted December 09, 2012 - 09:17 PM

Said it in the Mike Antoni thread when he got hired bad move and Lakers just gave up their title hopes when he hired their is still time to savage the season though

Posted Image
Posted Image

#198 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,851 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted December 09, 2012 - 09:20 PM

Lakers Fast break defense :smh:

Even nash can't do something about fast break defense he's old already

I don't know how nash would help us in the defense

Lakers are good at offense but lakers are not good defender

remember how Westbrook kills our guards

what if nash is guarding westbrook :turrible:

DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE

33bkfif.jpg

#199 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,026 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 09:21 PM

Lakers Fast break defense :smh:

Even nash can't do something about fast break defense he's old already

I don't know how nash would help us in the defense

Lakers are good at offense but lakers are not good defender

remember how Westbrook kills our guards

what if nash is guarding westbrook :turrible:

DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE

The Jazz gets on the fast break off our turnovers... so cut back on the turnovers you cut back on fast break points.

#200 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,851 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted December 09, 2012 - 09:22 PM

The Jazz gets on the fast break off our turnovers... so cut back on the turnovers you cut back on fast break points.

Other team can stop fast break opportunity but the lakers can't?

I wonder why?

33bkfif.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users