Photo

What is the solution? Are the Lakers just a bad team?

• Please log in to reply
330 replies to this topic

#1 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 04, 2012 - 07:41 PM

So guys, after yet another loss and a horrendous 8-10 start, it seems for the highest paid team in the league we are simply a "bad" team. Im done with teh finger pointing at individual players and what not and it may be time to just point out the fact that this team is just an overall bad team. There just seems to be too many holes in our offence and defence and there is nothing to do to cover them.

I am personally hugely disappointed after the last 2 years were good years but not going far and now this start after acquiring 2 hall of famers in the offseason.

Should we continue to be patient? Would trading Gasol whos trade value atm is horrendous do us any good?

Whats the solution in your mind guys? Is there one? Or should we just accept that were just not a championship contender!?
Laker fan for life.

#2 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,753 posts
  • Name:Drazard

Posted December 04, 2012 - 07:44 PM

Starts with D12 free throw

D12 Free throw kills lakers momentum and confidence to finish the game

D12 Free throws gives the lakers pressure

Lakers are not bad finisher but this year they are bad finisher

33bkfif.jpg

#3 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,341 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 07:45 PM

Lost at least 3 games on Howard's missed free throws alone...Maybe even 4.

#4 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,456 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Simple fire Mike Antoni if Mike Brown can be fired after 5 games so can damn well this pathetic scrub of a head coach Mike Antoni. A great coach adjust to his personal not shove his offensive down a throat of a roster that is not capable of running one. FIRE MIKE ANTONI.
Posted Image

#5 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,490 posts

Well for 1, D'antoni needs to sit Dwight till the 2 minute mark when a Hack-A-Thon comes. That was a [expletive]ty coaching decision and it's why we've lost the last 2 games.

#6 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted December 04, 2012 - 07:48 PM

New coach? New roster? New new new
Posted Image

#7 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,391 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted December 04, 2012 - 07:49 PM

Let's trade Dwight back for Bynum

#8 TheOriginalCZM

TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Brian Scalabrine

Posted December 04, 2012 - 07:49 PM

Lakers playing like they have no heart....they always...ALWAYS especially in the 4th qtr get out hustled by other teams.....lose balls...turnovers...second chance points....all that adds up...you would think by now they see that but they aren't showing any progress on the mistakes they're making. I think all this LA spotlight has gotten to their head thinking they can't beat any team and these games like HOU doesn't matter...at this rate i see them barely making it to the #8th seed....it's a disappointing night in Lakerland.....and you can't blame Pau Gasol because he didn't play.

#9 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,715 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted December 04, 2012 - 07:51 PM

Simple fire Mike Antoni if Mike Brown can be fired after 5 games so can damn well this pathetic scrub of a head coach Mike Antoni. A great coach adjust to his personal not shove his offensive down a throat of a roster that is not capable of running one. FIRE MIKE ANTONI.

lol

#10 AirTupac

AirTupac

Rookie

• 470 posts
  • Name:Tupac
  • Fan Since:96

I'm running out of excuses to use. They just don't have heart.
To Live and Die in L.A

#11 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,715 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Let's trade Dwight back for Bynum

Our bowling team would be awesome

#12 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,753 posts

lol you're thinking about your own happiness do you think the lakers would waste another money to hire another coaching staff for the fans?

Lakers org needs money too and its a business

33bkfif.jpg

#13 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 07:52 PM

I actually expected a blowout near half time. WIth no Pau and a large lead and then that disappointment and impending doom in your heart comes in the 4th quarter makes you just think.. "wtf"?

If we dont beat New Orlenads were looking at a 4 game losing streak, because I can assure you guys. We are NOT beating OKC.

So we might be 8-12 after 20 games. Eww.
Laker fan for life.

#14 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 04, 2012 - 07:52 PM

It comes down to being more athletic on defense. At the end, the Rockets got everything they wanted. If the Lakers had that, nothing else matters. Even Dwight's missed free throws wouldn't have been as much of an issue as it was.

Posted Image

#15 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,105 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 04, 2012 - 07:53 PM

So guys, after yet another loss and a horrendous 8-10 start, it seems for the highest paid team in the league we are simply a "bad" team. Im done with teh finger pointing at individual players and what not and it may be time to just point out the fact that this team is just an overall bad team. There just seems to be too many holes in our offence and defence and there is nothing to do to cover them.

I am personally hugely disappointed after the last 2 years were good years but not going far and now this start after acquiring 2 hall of famers in the offseason.

Should we continue to be patient? Would trading Gasol whos trade value atm is horrendous do us any good?

Whats the solution in your mind guys? Is there one? Or should we just accept that were just not a championship contender!?

I'm gonna make this simple

Unforced Turnovers

Defensive Rebounding

Help Defense(tonight Help defense on screens within the basket was good but the help defense around the perimeter was lacking and allowed a lot of extra threes.

See the thing about Steve Nash returning is this.

It takes the ball out of Kobe's hands to facilitate to everyone while still needing to be an offensive priority. And it takes the ball out of Morris' hands and out of Duhon's hands.

Having Steve Nash cuts back on our turnovers.

But letting the Rockets bench come in and hit 58 points(which is on both Morris and Meeks defense) is a problem.

But I knew we were going to lose when I saw the Rockets outhustling us on defensive rebounding.

As Worthy said

"It's not our offense, it's not our coach, it's the effort of the players and they aren't getting it done."

And we didn't JUST get outhustled in the 4th quarter.

We were GETTING outhustled the entire game, the difference was we were making our shots and stopping them so it didn't seem like as big a deal. But when we started missing late, getting outhustled caught up with us,

I actually expected a blowout near half time. WIth no Pau and a large lead and then that disappointment and impending doom in your heart comes in the 4th quarter makes you just think.. "wtf"?

If we dont beat New Orlenads were looking at a 4 game losing streak, because I can assure you guys. We are NOT beating OKC.

So we might be 8-12 after 20 games. Eww.

I'm gonna quote you on that because yes we are.

Edited by Majesty, December 04, 2012 - 07:55 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#16 lodom7

lodom7

Rookie

• 928 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Kid
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted December 04, 2012 - 07:55 PM

We need to get healthy and have more athleticism on the perimeter.
Posted Image

Lamar Odom 2005-2011

#17 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,105 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 04, 2012 - 07:58 PM

Bright side is having Hill and Clark in prevents a lot of easy inside shots other teams were getting on us. But Morris and Meeks defense tonight was atrocious as well as not enough perimeter switching off screens.

Kobe had to run through two screens and no one switched off which is why Kobe was screaming at them every time, D'antoni touched on this too.

I'm sorry but Kobe isn't gonna fight through two screens and block a guys shot without fouling someone to get out of the way.

And yes, part of that is on Dwight too. Because often it was Dwight's man screening Kobe off the side and Dwight wasn't watching the ball.

But of course it's easier to blame Kobe than to be logical.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#18 TheOriginalCZM

TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Brian Scalabrine

They can't....the Lakers mentality is build your entire team around one person and surround him by overpaid scrubs/non-productive players. WTB OKC's General Manger?

#19 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

I'm gonna quote you on that because yes we are.

So we can beat OKC but we cant beat a mediocre Rockets team?

Mind you this is on the road against a team that is on an absolute tear atm and is clicking on cylinders, OKC found its stride that was missing in their first few games. On the road, with the injuries, heart, and recent play of this team. Its going to be a blowout not just a loss.

Ill gladly eat crow if you call me up on it.
Laker fan for life.

#20 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,753 posts

Lakers are aging not getting younger

and aging kills athleticism we can't do that

the only thing that the lakers can do about defense is effort

33bkfif.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users