#21 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,864 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted December 04, 2012 - 02:56 PM

I don't understand. Kobe and other players have played through injury. I understand that tendonitis hurts, but does anyone know if it is really this debilitating? If not, then this confirmed any discussion of a 'soft' factor.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#22 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,651 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 04, 2012 - 02:58 PM

I don't understand. Kobe and other players have played through injury. I understand that tendonitis hurts, but does anyone know if it is really this debilitating? If not, then this confirmed any discussion of a 'soft' factor.

For whom? You?
Posted Image

#23 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted December 04, 2012 - 02:58 PM

I love Pau, but him sitting out today because of knee tendinitis just further proves his rep as a soft player correct.
htCCl0m.png

#24 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,604 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 04, 2012 - 03:19 PM

So what does that say about metta missing a lay up against the mavs when we got swept . Please

Nerve damage. Yet how did he play when he was healthy? This year is a prime example and he's been throwing it down since the last half of last year and into this year too.

Did Pau have Knee tendonitis back when Phil was coaching? How about last year?

Does it just take it's summer break whenever he plays in the Olympics? Did it wait till last years playoffs to bother him and then stay in LA when he went to the Olympics then?

Trying to compare the two is just silly ;)

Edited by Majesty, December 04, 2012 - 03:20 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#25 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 04, 2012 - 03:25 PM

Tendonitis isn't a pain thing. It's more of a fatigue and soreness issue.

I have it in my left knee and although I'm not active in sports anymore, it's still bothersome from time to time. With Gasol being a 7-footer, I can definitely understand that it's difficult to run up and down the court for a entire game.

Rest MIGHT help, but tendonitis really doesn't go away over a few days. It's a long term issue. If he stays a Laker, he's going to need to suck it up and play through it. I think the Lakers trading him would benefit him and the team going forward.

#26 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,864 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted December 04, 2012 - 03:29 PM

Tendonitis isn't a pain thing. It's more of a fatigue and soreness issue.

I have it in my left knee and although I'm not active in sports anymore, it's still bothersome from time to time. With Gasol being a 7-footer, I can definitely understand that it's difficult to run up and down the court for a entire game.

Rest MIGHT help, but tendonitis really doesn't go away over a few days. It's a long term issue. If he stays a Laker, he's going to need to suck it up and play through it. I think the Lakers trading him would benefit him and the team going forward.

Good lookin', thanks for the input on that.

For whom? You?

Perhaps. But I was generally referring to the countless discussions around here about it by other members.

Edited by -Wade-, December 04, 2012 - 03:34 PM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#27 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,077 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted December 04, 2012 - 03:45 PM

Out for the rest of the roadtrip

KEVIN DING@KevinDing

Pau said an MRI on knees is possible after Lakers return home early Saturday. Safe to say he won't play in NO or OKC.

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#28 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 05:09 PM

Good. Let him heal up and then lets see where we stand when Nash comes back.

The North Remembers

#29 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,309 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted December 04, 2012 - 05:49 PM

kobe supports pau:

"I love Pau like a brother," Bryant told ESPNLosAngeles.com on Tuesday. "I really do. I want him to dominate like I know he can."

"I want him to dig in and be determined, not discouraged," Bryant continued. "We should go to him more on the post because he can dominate from there as he has to the tune of two rings. I'm sure we will adjust and figure out a balance when he comes back healthy."
The Lakers announced Tuesday that Gasol would sit out the team's game against the Houston Rockets with tendinitis in his knees. There is no set timetable for how long Gasol will be out. Antawn Jamison will start in his place.
Bryant and Gasol had a lengthy summit Monday night at the team hotel in Houston.
"I know his knees have been hurting and that can be frustrating because you can't do physically what you are used to," Bryant said Tuesday. "I just don't want him to sulk about the change of things."

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

• 40,395 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 06:12 PM

We're really missing him tonight so far. Team is playing lifeless out there. Miss Pau's intensity and energy.

yo.

#31 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,710 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted December 04, 2012 - 06:50 PM

pau past his prime. trade him until his value his up

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#32 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,063 posts
  • Name:Will

Posted December 05, 2012 - 06:26 AM

lets see where we stand when Nash comes back.

this is the biggest myth going around

Edited by Windu, December 05, 2012 - 02:40 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#33 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 02:03 PM

this is the most biggest myth going around

You don't think Nash will make an impact on the team?

We need to exhaust all options and possibilities, Pau is having knee issues and isn't 100 percent, and a point guard in Steve Nash that's not even playing right now, I think we should wait and see the outcome with both players healthy on the court before deciding on whether to make any moves or not.

Edited by MadSci, December 05, 2012 - 02:14 PM.

The North Remembers

#34 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,063 posts
  • Name:Will

Posted December 05, 2012 - 02:45 PM

You don't think Nash will make an impact on the team?

We need to exhaust all options and possibilities, Pau is having knee issues and isn't 100 percent, and a point guard in Steve Nash that's not even playing right now, I think we should wait and see the outcome with both players healthy on the court before deciding on whether to make any moves or not.

Nash is not some kind of magic elixir that will solve all of our problems. The offense is more than likely going to be more...cohesive but Nash doesn't solve DH's FT problems, Nash doesn't fix Pau, and Nash won't improve the team's defense. And Pau was trash before he had knee problems...that's just another one of his many excuses.

Edited by Windu, December 05, 2012 - 02:45 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#35 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,604 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 04:03 PM

Nash is not some kind of magic elixir that will solve all of our problems. The offense is more than likely going to be more...cohesive but Nash doesn't solve DH's FT problems, Nash doesn't fix Pau, and Nash won't improve the team's defense. And Pau was trash before he had knee problems...that's just another one of his many excuses.

He does fix our turnover problem. That is a huge factor as well.

#36 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,077 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 04:11 PM

He does fix our turnover problem. That is a huge factor as well.

I think that's the cohesive part

#37 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,604 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 04:21 PM

I think that's the cohesive part

A large base of our turnovers come from this. Kobe having to do too much with the ball playing the 1-3 position and our point guards Duhon and Morris not being as proficient as Nash at it. A lot of empty possessions we have get which can cause long jumpers or allow teams to get out and run on us.

With Nash our turnovers go down. Kobe gets to play the position he wants to play at. It cuts back on our empty possessions as well.

This is a really big factor. We lead the league in turnovers and lose by an average of 4-5 points.

It won't solve every problem, but it will solve a lot!

The help defense issues and the bringing intensity every night are things we can and should work on to solve while Nash is out.

#38 lodom7

lodom7

Rookie

• 928 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Kid
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted December 05, 2012 - 07:24 PM

He needs to rest, and in games he should play less minutes. Even though we have been hit really hard with the injury bug it will allow our team to grow and become better suited for the playoffs.
Posted Image

Lamar Odom 2005-2011

#39 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,077 posts

Posted December 07, 2012 - 11:02 AM

Mike Trudell@LakersReporter

As expected, @paugasol isn't playing tonight at OKC (knee tendinitis). He's starting to improve but isn't going to rush it.

#40 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,651 posts
  • Name:Alexi

Posted December 07, 2012 - 11:20 AM

No need to rush him at all.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ESPN

0 user(s) are reading this topic