#1 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,577 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 04, 2012 - 11:50 AM

Jamison to start

HOUSTON -- Los Angeles Lakers forward Pau Gasol will not play Tuesday against theHouston Rockets because of tendinitis in both knees.

"The biggest thing with him was that he was playing hurt and in this league you just can't do that," Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni said. "I just didn't think he was running fluidly."

D'Antoni said Gasol made the decision to rest after consulting with the coaching and training staff. There is no set timetable for how long Gasol will sit out. Antawn Jamison will start in his place.

"We got to get him healthy," D'Antoni said. "Whatever it takes -- one game, two games, 10 games -- I don't know. It's day to day but he's got to be healthy. It wasn't fair (to him). He's trying to battle through some stuff and in this league, you just can't do that."

Gasol is sitting not because a trade involving the former four-time All-Star is in the works, according to multiple league sources. However, a source told ESPNLosAngeles.com that Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak has recently spoken to Gasol's representatives and the gist of the conversation was that if Gasol is unable to adjust to D'Antoni's system, the team will have no choice but to search for possible trade scenarios...

http://espn.go.com/l...endinitis-knees

Posted Image

#2 Honey Boo Boo

Honey Boo Boo

I <3 Weezy's Lil' Wayne

• 1,486 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Eminem

Posted December 04, 2012 - 11:53 AM

Team is falling apart.
Posted Image

#3 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,063 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 04, 2012 - 11:54 AM

:dance:

Pau Gasol is GONE

#4 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,628 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 04, 2012 - 11:54 AM

Team is falling apart.

No, best thing for the team. Jamison gets to start and Hill finally gets some minutes! Could be a blessing in disguise.

Also

Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak has recently spoken to Gasol's representatives and the gist of the conversation was that if Gasol is unable to adjust to D'Antoni's system, the team will have no choice but to search for possible trade scenarios...

Edited by Majesty, December 04, 2012 - 11:55 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#5 Honey Boo Boo

Honey Boo Boo

I <3 Weezy's Lil' Wayne

• 1,486 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Eminem

Posted December 04, 2012 - 11:57 AM

No, best thing for the team. Jamison gets to start and Hill finally gets some minutes! Could be a blessing in disguise.

Also

[/size][/font][/color]

I guess. But other teams are seeing Pau is hurt and breaking down... So that's bad for us. And it's just injuries on top of injuries which we can't afford.
Posted Image

#6 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,628 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 12:01 PM

I guess. But other teams are seeing Pau is hurt and breaking down... So that's bad for us. And it's just injuries on top of injuries which we can't afford.

Thing is now teams have to worry about the stretch 4 on our team, and eventhough Jamison's defense is nothing to write home about if he plays well he's a good fit for the stretch 4 D'antoni wants to run with a less clogged up lane. Also Hill would be getting some minutes with our bench, the only problem I see is that Sacre is going to cause issues at the 5 position unless D'antoni uses Earl Clark who did used to get minutes for Howard in Orlando so we'll see.

#7 TheOriginalCZM

TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Brian Scalabrine

Posted December 04, 2012 - 12:05 PM

The Lakers just seems so disfunctional right now...i just hope Santa Clause (Nash) is able to deliver by Christmas since that's what everyone is hoping for....

Edited by smoov123y, December 04, 2012 - 12:05 PM.

#8 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,732 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted December 04, 2012 - 12:12 PM

He's getting traded. Good to know, thanks for the memories, Pau.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#9 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,110 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted December 04, 2012 - 12:12 PM

Stu Lantz mentioned resting Pau for a couple games during the last Laker game, and I agreed.

I guess the tendonitis is worse than I thought. He wasn't having a huge impact anyway, so resting him to get him closer to 100% makes sense. Once his knees improve and Nash comes back we'll see him @ 100% and playing with the original starting 5, if we still don't see improvement, then he's gone.

I think that's the aproach Kupchak, D'Antoni and Co. are taking over the next few weeks.

#10 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,314 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted December 04, 2012 - 12:18 PM

Still you have to show him respect and wish him a good recovery from his psycho [expletive]ing problem on court!

I mean of all the Lakers top players Gasol has had the least rest and is caught up to his knees here. I know Kobe is too and he is still producing perfection but every player in his own individuality is different!!! It's a legit issue. Not moving well on the court he missed only 1 game in the past 2 NBA regular seasons (finale against SAC to rest last year) and was memorable for the spanish basketball team...He played all 82 games in 2010-11, 65 of 66 in 2011-12, played every playoff game, then in Olympics.

Edited by manaro90, December 04, 2012 - 12:19 PM.

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#11 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,312 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted December 04, 2012 - 12:51 PM

Gasol's movement on the floor has been awful ever since he's had braces on both of his knees. Good to know he's sitting out & hopefully Kobe's words will make an impact on him when he comes back.

#12 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,628 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 12:53 PM

Stu Lantz mentioned resting Pau for a couple games during the last Laker game, and I agreed.

I guess the tendonitis is worse than I thought. He wasn't having a huge impact anyway, so resting him to get him closer to 100% makes sense. Once his knees improve and Nash comes back we'll see him @ 100% and playing with the original starting 5, if we still don't see improvement, then he's gone.

I think that's the aproach Kupchak, D'Antoni and Co. are taking over the next few weeks.

7 foot 1 and can't dunk means his career likely has 2 years left at most.

#13 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,776 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 04, 2012 - 01:44 PM

He's all but gone....just a matter of when and who for...

#14 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,110 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 01:55 PM

7 foot 1 and can't dunk means his career likely has 2 years left at most.

He's not a high fly act, never has been, so I think his career will continue just fine playing with his back to the basket elsewhere if he's traded. The only thing I see affecting him in coming years is fatigue if he keeps playing for his national team, not greatly though.

Having said all that, it is kinda odd that he only has like 5 or 6 total dunks this year. Probably the bad knees, but more times than not he just lays it up/finger rolls it or goes up soft and gets blocked.

Like Stu says, i don't like bigs going up with any soft stuff, don't try to be cute around the basket. If you can dunk it, dunk it.

When Gasol got stuffed by Big Baby though, that was like a low point for me regarding my thoughts on Gasol. I think he's on a short leash with management, if when he comes back healthier and plays with Nash and he still has these 7 point/8 rebounds in 29 minutes type games, he's gone.

Like I said in another thread, at this point he's just an extremely expensive $20M facilitator and occasional jump shot maker. He says his most his looks are too far from the basket and he'd like more shots inside, but even when Dwight is on the bench, Gasol refuses to go inside and post up. Idk man, we'll see how this plays out over the next month or so.

#15 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,628 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 02:00 PM

He's not a high fly act, never has been, so I think his career will continue just fine playing with his back to the basket elsewhere if he's traded. The only thing I see affecting him in coming years is fatigue if he keeps playing for his national team, not greatly though.

Having said all that, it is kinda odd that he only has like 5 or 6 total dunks this year. Probably the bad knees, but more times than not he just lays it up/finger rolls it or goes up soft and gets blocked.

Like Stu says, i don't like bigs going up with any soft stuff, don't try to be cute around the basket. If you can dunk it, dunk it.

When Gasol got stuffed by Big Baby though, that was like a low point for me regarding my thoughts on Gasol. I think he's on a short leash with management, if when he comes back healthier and plays with Nash and he still has these 7 point/8 rebounds in 29 minutes type games, he's gone.

Like I said in another thread, at this point he's just an extremely expensive $20M facilitator and occasional jump shot maker. He says his most his looks are too far from the basket and he'd like more shots inside, but even when Dwight is on the bench, Gasol refuses to go inside and post up. Idk man, we'll see how this plays out over the next month or so.

Saying...

Gasol is 7 foot 1 with a 7 ft 5 wingspan and can't dunk anymore and is having trouble even getting to the rim.

Gets the response

Well he's never been a dunker O_O

PAU DEFENDERS!!!!!!! GAAAH!!!!!!

just kidding lol

But yeah getting stuffe by Big Baby Davis is an extreme low point..

#16 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,205 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 04, 2012 - 02:30 PM

GoOd to see him get rest

#17 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted December 04, 2012 - 02:37 PM

Finally Jordan Hill will get playing time

#18 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,110 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 02:44 PM

Saying...

Gasol is 7 foot 1 with a 7 ft 5 wingspan and can't dunk anymore and is having trouble even getting to the rim.

Gets the response

just kidding lol

:laughing:

Not exactly defending Pau, I think he has been pretty bad to garbage for the majority of the season, but I don't have blind hatred for the guy like others do. I know he's never played above the rim, and has always been a finesse guy, but even in recent years he'd have some nice finishes at the rim. He has had nasty dunks on KG, had a sick lefty poster dunk on Birdman, he would go up strong when rolling on PnR's with Kobe and actually finish. He has lost most of that this year and last.

I wish he was giving us 17 and 10 on 54% shooting, but unfortunately he's not and for that he'll probably get dealt.

#19 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,702 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted December 04, 2012 - 02:44 PM

Saying...

Gets the response

just kidding lol

So what does that say about metta missing a lay up against the mavs when we got swept . Please
Posted Image

• 40,395 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 02:53 PM

Finally Jordan Hill will get playing time

Watch D'Antoni play Sacre over him.

yo.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ESPN

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users