Pau Gasol is GONE

#42 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,329 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 10, 2012 - 07:28 AM

Whoever wants Ryan Anderson and would sacrifice Pau or Jordan Hill obviously did not watch us get beat up physically on the inside by Utah last night.

Seriously, Ryan Anderson would be the perfect fit in this system. We would be giving up a bit on the defensive end, but that shouldn't matter too much once Dwight Howard gets back to "normal". On the offensive end we would be A LOT more dangerous. Also, getting a defensive big in a deal shouldn't be a problem. Worst case we sign Kenyon Martin for the veterans minimum.
Ryan Anderson deal probably wont happen though.

#43 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,355 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted December 10, 2012 - 08:08 AM

Seriously, Ryan Anderson would be the perfect fit in this system. We would be giving up a bit on the defensive end, but that shouldn't matter too much once Dwight Howard gets back to "normal". On the offensive end we would be A LOT more dangerous. Also, getting a defensive big in a deal shouldn't be a problem. Worst case we sign Kenyon Martin for the veterans minimum.
Ryan Anderson deal probably wont happen though.

Dude have you notice defense is our issue, not offense?? When Nash gets back offensively we will be even better. Kenyon Martin is just another OLD semi Power Forward. We see a lights out 3 point shooter and you get a rise in your pants. When playoff time comes its about defense and who can grind it out inside. You live by the 3 you die by the 3. Who would Ryan defend and how many rebounds would he get?? D12 can't do it all by himself down low.

#44 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,329 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 - 08:21 AM

Dude have you notice defense is our issue, not offense?? When Nash gets back offensively we will be even better. Kenyon Martin is just another OLD semi Power Forward. We see a lights out 3 point shooter and you get a rise in your pants. When playoff time comes its about defense and who can grind it out inside. You live by the 3 you die by the 3. Who would Ryan defend and how many rebounds would he get?? D12 can't do it all by himself down low.

Ryan Anderson is not a massive downgrade from what we currently have defending the 4 spot and once Dwight gets his timing back, defense will be less of a problem. Also, he is a really good offensive rebounder, which would give us additional possessions. I honestly think that a team with Dwight, Kobe and Metta will be solid enough defensively once they learn how to play together.
I didn't say we should sign K-Mart, just that getting a defensive minded big isn't that difficult.

Edited by DanishLakerFan, December 10, 2012 - 08:23 AM.

#45 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,355 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted December 10, 2012 - 08:30 PM

Ryan Anderson is not a massive downgrade from what we currently have defending the 4 spot and once Dwight gets his timing back, defense will be less of a problem. Also, he is a really good offensive rebounder, which would give us additional possessions. I honestly think that a team with Dwight, Kobe and Metta will be solid enough defensively once they learn how to play together.
I didn't say we should sign K-Mart, just that getting a defensive minded big isn't that difficult.

If it wasn't that difficult we would have one by now. I think time to gel and confidence is what we need. I also think an athletic 6'9" sf and a Big Physical role playing center on the end of the bench. Sacre is not the answer. Even Curry would be better than him. By the way, Anderson is a terrible defender. He may be better than Jamison but no one else on the team.

Edited by lakersince75, December 10, 2012 - 08:31 PM.

#46 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,329 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 - 08:49 PM

If it wasn't that difficult we would have one by now. I think time to gel and confidence is what we need. I also think an athletic 6'9" sf and a Big Physical role playing center on the end of the bench. Sacre is not the answer. Even Curry would be better than him. By the way, Anderson is a terrible defender. He may be better than Jamison but no one else on the team.

I agree on the time they need. We basically need to accept that we cant assess this team before we get back a healthy Gasol and Nash. If however we are still below .500 in january, i think they'll make some moves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users