3708 replies to this topic

#121 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,766 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted December 13, 2012 - 11:32 PM

Some of you guys need to get it through your thick skull that WE GOT NOBODY ELSE TO REPLACE HIM WITH!

Unless yall want Flip Saunders or Mike dunleavy lmao!

I like D'antoni it's not his fault he was put into this mess, he's just trying to clean it up and its a landfill out there.

No one forced this loser to be here, it's definitely his fault (well his & the Laker FO)...

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#122 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,766 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 11:41 PM

I feel bad for the guy

I don't...

2zi2dsm.jpg

#123 South Bay Laker Fan

South Bay Laker Fan

Rookie

• 17 posts
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 14, 2012 - 08:16 AM

After reading the following. I am officially ready to call for his immediate firing:

The Rev. Jesse Jackson is in the Lakers’ locker room after the Knicks win, 116-107, but I don’t know enough about his religious practices to know if he’s here to perform last rites.

The Lakers are dead, and I’m telling (Mike) D’Antoni he’s getting killed in Los Angeles.

“I don’t care,” says D’Antoni, and so fans can curse, scream and carry on like there is no tomorrow.

“I don’t read and I don’t listen,” D’Antoni says. “I don’t watch anything but tape. I think about the team and I live my life. Then I’ll have a nice dinner and a glass of wine.

“I’m pretty secure in what I do. I don’t need public approval. I try as hard as I can and if it works out, great. If not, I tried.”
“It’s almost like walking a high wire, but I got a safety net,” says D’Antoni. “What’s the worst that’s going to happen to me — go play golf the rest of my life?”

Source: Mike D'Antoni's Lakers are very quick — to fall behind - latimes.com

#124 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,766 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 09:37 AM

After reading the following. I am officially ready to call for his immediate firing:

The Rev. Jesse Jackson is in the Lakers’ locker room after the Knicks win, 116-107, but I don’t know enough about his religious practices to know if he’s here to perform last rites.

The Lakers are dead, and I’m telling (Mike) D’Antoni he’s getting killed in Los Angeles.

“I don’t care,” says D’Antoni, and so fans can curse, scream and carry on like there is no tomorrow.

“I don’t read and I don’t listen,” D’Antoni says. “I don’t watch anything but tape. I think about the team and I live my life. Then I’ll have a nice dinner and a glass of wine.

“I’m pretty secure in what I do. I don’t need public approval. I try as hard as I can and if it works out, great. If not, I tried.”
“It’s almost like walking a high wire, but I got a safety net,” says D’Antoni. “What’s the worst that’s going to happen to me — go play golf the rest of my life?”

Please Mr. Pringles, by all means go play golf if thats what you want to do. Because you certainly have no interest in coaching winning basketball...

2zi2dsm.jpg

#125 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,113 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 14, 2012 - 10:32 AM

this mutha[expletive]a isn't watching tape. He's no better than Mike Brown.

he needs to pack his bags and get the [expletive] outta here

Pau Gasol is GONE

#126 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted December 14, 2012 - 10:41 AM

[Deep sigh]

#127 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 14, 2012 - 12:48 PM

I blame Jim Buss for this for trying to stick it to Phil instead of making the better basketball decision

#128 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,571 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted December 14, 2012 - 01:50 PM

Yes yall want him fired BUT WHO WILL REPLACE HIM??????!!! Face it, this team is in trouble regardless if he's here or not.

#129 Alpha Four

Alpha Four

Fugitive Alien

• 501 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted December 14, 2012 - 02:49 PM

I blame Jim Buss for this for trying to stick it to Phil instead of making the better basketball decision

WHY do "fans" associate something bad with Jim Buss? It's already been documented that Mitch, Jim, AND Dr. Buss signed off on Pringles.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#130 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,185 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted December 15, 2012 - 09:02 AM

^^He high off the pillz still for his knee. :cool2:
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#131 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,239 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted December 15, 2012 - 03:30 PM

WHY do "fans" associate something bad with Jim Buss? It's already been documented that Mitch, Jim, AND Dr. Buss signed off on Pringles.

Jim was probably like a little spoiled brat being like "please dad, pleeeeeease" and Jerry said "no" then Jim said "you never let me do anything (crossing his arms with a pouty face)" then Jerry gave in. Lol. Too much?

#132 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted December 15, 2012 - 04:38 PM

They didn't take a lie detector test.

Why wouldn't they cover Jim's ass?

They ALWAYS do.

#133 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted December 15, 2012 - 05:36 PM

Wow he actually said that??? WTF
Laker fan for life.

#134 MysticBlu~

MysticBlu~

Rookie

• 968 posts
  • Name:Jennie
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted December 15, 2012 - 06:15 PM

Wait...he really said that?? well damn lol.

#135 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,573 posts

Posted December 20, 2012 - 12:09 AM

I'm not on the Fire D'Antoni bandwagon, yet, but there is one thing that i really dont like: his inability to see beyond his own system.

I'm not against system coaches at all. Hell, the best coach in the NBA history (Phil) is a system coach. But one thing that separates him and other great coaches is that they know how to manage egos and they can get the best out of their players. Like Mike Brown, D'Antoni have shown no such ability - Yet, i hope.

#136 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted December 20, 2012 - 04:01 AM

i was all in for his hiring. but hes let me down in too many ways. not enough practicing D is the main one, and not making the sytem fit the players also a main one,of course... he really has proven to me that he doesnt practice D enough, the knicks game showed it specifically(didnt pressure the ball on a J shooting team),,,,its also proven by how poor our rotations are,,,,im so pissed at this Antoni fool

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#137 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted December 20, 2012 - 11:25 AM

Good for D'Antoni. I am glad he told most of you to piss off. Reading back over this thread has led to so many face palms that my hands are turning red. Just wait until the end of the year, come back and read all of these stupid posts you made. It will make for quite a treat.

#138 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,113 posts
  • Name:Will

Posted December 20, 2012 - 01:13 PM

No one cares what mike thinks. He hasn't won anything to earn the benefit of the doubt

Learn how to coach championship basketball and then run your mouth

Pau Gasol is GONE

#139 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted December 20, 2012 - 01:16 PM

LMAO "if it works out great if not i tried" oh boy we are in for a hell of a surprise come playoff time.
Posted Image

#140 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,847 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted January 08, 2013 - 03:02 PM

D'Antoni says the replacement starters for Howard/Gasol will be Sacre and either Jamison or Morris

AHHHH!!!!

Dantonie is thinking about starting a terrible PG at PF!!!
WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!

The fire mike talk had simmered down over the last couple weeks (everyone happy with christmas and new years) but it should be starting back up again...

The guy is a terrible fit for this roster!

If he actually is thinking about playing DARRIUS MORRIS AT PF!!!!
Fired... on the spot...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mike, DAntoni, MDA, coach

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users