#101 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,015 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 13, 2012 - 07:22 PM

Again, it is his fault. He's the HEAD COACH.

Mike D'Antoni doesn't care about defense and yet we hired him anyway.

All of sudden "it's a mess" but if PJ had this roster people would be holding that against him.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#102 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,245 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted December 13, 2012 - 07:24 PM

^ Actually he does care about the defense, have you not seen any of his post game interviews all he talks about is how to fix the defense and how much we need to improve.

#103 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,245 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 07:26 PM

Yes it is he applied for the damn job. Hes not being forced to coach LA

He never applied for anything, the man was in surgery for crying out loud. The Lakers called him up and offered him a contract.
I don't blame him for accepting the offer, who wouldn't. Again its not his fault

Edited by Michaelyumm, December 13, 2012 - 07:26 PM.

#104 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,702 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted December 13, 2012 - 07:29 PM

He never applied for anything, the man was in surgery for crying out loud. The Lakers called him up and offered him a contract.
I don't blame him for accepting the offer, who wouldn't. Again its not his fault

Fact is he could have said no . He didnt so its his responsibility to make this team win games.
Posted Image

#105 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,245 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 07:31 PM

Fact is he could have said no . He didnt so its his responsibility to make this team win games.

That's true. But also if we are talking about facts, Phil was never going to be hired because of dumbass Jim. So it was either Mike dunleavy or Mike D'antoni, I would've chose D'antoni in a heart beat and thank God we aren't stuck with Dunleavy.

#106 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,015 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 07:38 PM

^ Actually he does care about the defense, have you not seen any of his post game interviews all he talks about is how to fix the defense and how much we need to improve.

Tell me about Mike's coaching career in Phoenix and NY...

I don't care what he says.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#107 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,245 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 07:51 PM

Tell me about Mike's coaching career in Phoenix and NY...

I don't care what he says.

Well in PHX he was an amazing head coach, they beat us a crap load of times and in NY it was a disaster, because that team refused to run his offense, and just hated him. They also had a great thing going before Melo, until they traded away all their good role players for him.

And to be honest yes he's a crappy defensive coach, but our defense sucked under Mike Brown too. You can tell Mike D isn't concerned about the offense, because we have Nash and Kobe who understand it. At least we know that Mike D is trying his best to adjust on defense. But in the end its always going to be how the players play. We are just too old, we have no offense or any defense off the bench, maybe Hill is the best defender off the bench and Jodie and Jamison can provide some points, but they aren't shot creators and thats what we lack.

Mike D is going to get this thing going, we are just soooooooo damn spoiled that we forget this is the NBA, and we will lose some and win some. We will get this together eventually.

Edited by Michaelyumm, December 13, 2012 - 07:52 PM.

#108 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,015 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 07:56 PM

What did he win in PHX and NY?

ANd they beat us at the time because we sucked not because he's a great coach.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#109 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,245 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 08:00 PM

He won coach of the year, and turned a Knicks organization who hasn't gone to the playoffs in ten years, into a playoff team.

Idk what you want man, yes you want to fire him but we have nobody to replace him with. PHIL IS NEVER COMING BACK!

#110 nmacias

nmacias

Rookie

• 43 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted December 13, 2012 - 08:04 PM

Anyone listen to Charles Barkley during the game. Lets pick him up because he knows Mike D's offensive system doesn't fit this team. Even Steve Kerr said so. It's obvious to everyone except Mike D.

#111 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,015 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 08:05 PM

He won coach of the year, and turned a Knicks organization who hasn't gone to the playoffs in ten years, into a playoff team.

Idk what you want man, yes you want to fire him but we have nobody to replace him with. PHIL IS NEVER COMING BACK!

he lost 40 games with NY, then he quit after going 18-24 the second time around, coached some pathetic defensive teams in PHX.

he sucks.

they may have burned the bridge with PJ but it was a mistake to hire D'Antoni over him in the first place.

no matter, front office will continue to pay d'antoni for being a [expletive]ty coach because they don't want to admit they made a mistake...

again

Pau Gasol is GONE

#112 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,245 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 08:10 PM

he lost 40 games with NY, then he quit after going 18-24 the second time around, coached some pathetic defensive teams in PHX.

he sucks.

they may have burned the bridge with PJ but it was a mistake to hire D'Antoni over him in the first place.

no matter, front office will continue to pay d'antoni for being a [expletive]ty coach because they don't want to admit they made a mistake...

I understand what your saying, but we have no choice but to support him and hope we can start winning again.

I'm just defending him, cause there's nobody else out there who can coach us besides Phil which will never ever happen again

#113 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,044 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 08:10 PM

Jim Buss with the media before tonight's game

Jim Buss is just like every Lakers fan, frustrated by the 9-13 start, the lackluster defensive rotations, the lack of any team identity, the injuries and more.
Except, he is part of the reason the Lakers are where they are — he’s the defacto owner now. He gets part of the blame.
In a text to Sam Amick of USA Today he simply sounded frustrated, like a lot of Lakers fans (just less angry).

“It’s very frustrating, because I think there are many little factors that are causing the issues that we’re having,” Buss wrote in a text message to USA TODAY Sports on Wednesday. “Nash, injuries, (a) new system. Like I said before, there are a lot of little ones, but the ones that figure to help the most would be Nash returning (and) Gasol returning and just playing together in a new system.”

Getting healthy certainly is the first step for the Lakers. As GM Mitch Kupchak has said, right now it is impossible to evaluate these Lakers because all the pieces aren’t there.
But the Lakers are a team without an identity, and if Buss wants to blame someone for that he can go find a mirror. The Lakers brought in two key new players in Steve Nash and Dwight Howard. They chose not to make a move with Mike Brown over the summer, bringing him back with a brand new offense installed during training camp. Then despite injuries that never allowed him to get his new offense running right, management moved to fire Brown and bring in Mike D’Antoni and his radically different offense and philosophy. On the fly with the season underway and injuries already hitting the roster.
And you wonder why this team has no identity?
The Lakers will start to find that identity at some point once they start to get healthy and the team plays together. The problem is the hole they dug themselves with the start will come back to haunt them when they play a lot of road playoff games.

Edited by Gotrings?, December 13, 2012 - 08:11 PM.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#114 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,494 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted December 13, 2012 - 08:16 PM

Jackson Would Not Return To Lakers If Offered Job
Dec 13, 2012 10:50 PM EST

Phil Jackson would not return to coach the Los Angeles Lakers, if offered the job.

“Noooo,” he said. “They’ll get it going.”

The Lakers have lost 9 of 13 games since Mike D’Antoni took over for the fired Mike Brown.

Jackson expressed confidence that the Lakers can fix their recent struggles, but changed his tune when asked if the team can contend for a title: “Well, no, I don’t know about that, but...”

Via TMZ (via Joe McDonnell/FOXSportsWest

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/225001/Jackson_Would_Not_Return_To_Lakers_If_Offered_Job

Phil ain't coming back so were stuck with D'Antoni. "We'll get it going soon." I want to see the first five games with both Steve Nash and Pau Gasol healthy. If it turns out bad, our panic meter will exceed 10/10... -_-

Edited by Ham, December 13, 2012 - 08:19 PM.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#115 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,702 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted December 13, 2012 - 08:29 PM

Damn this is terrible. This is like a teacher bumping your F to a D just bad.
Posted Image

#116 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,184 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted December 13, 2012 - 08:36 PM

He was good in PHX. They would have gone to the finals if not for a total screw job by the NBA on Amare vs the Suns, he also turned Nash into a future hall of famer. It's not his fault. The roster is flawed, old and injured at key spots.

#117 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,942 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted December 13, 2012 - 08:44 PM

You know what dantonie has won before la?

Nothing
Same thing as he will have with the lakers

Nothing.

I feel bad for the guy

#118 AirTupac

AirTupac

Rookie

• 470 posts
  • Name:Tupac
  • Fan Since:96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 13, 2012 - 11:13 PM

Posted Image
To Live and Die in L.A

#119 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Monogatari

• 8,419 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 11:26 PM

^ :laughing:

MMiRi9s.png

#120 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,293 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted December 13, 2012 - 11:28 PM

Posted Image

hahahahhahahahah

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mike, DAntoni, MDA, coach

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users