Mike DAntoni MDA coach

• Please log in to reply
3708 replies to this topic

#81 Mumford

Mumford

Rookie

• 167 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 11:01 AM

D'Antoni actually used more postups and less P & R and running last night vs CLE so this idea that he's try to have an up tempo team and wont adjust to the personnel is clearly wrong

Actually, we don't have any PG who can play P&R effectively with Dwight.

#82 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,876 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted December 12, 2012 - 11:50 AM

this isn't a coaching problem it is a players problem.
the players on this team suck... all of them.

they were a bad group of players with brown and now they are a bad group of players under dantoni.
remove the coaches and you are still left with a bad group of players.
The Lakers FO knows more than you. Sorry.

#83 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,101 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 12, 2012 - 12:40 PM

this isn't a coaching problem it is a players problem.
the players on this team suck... all of them.

they were a bad group of players with brown and now they are a bad group of players under dantoni.
remove the coaches and you are still left with a bad group of players.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Pau Gasol is GONE

#84 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,684 posts
  • Name:Alexi

Posted December 12, 2012 - 12:51 PM

D'Antoni has to show us that HE can adjust to the players he has and adapt his style of play for THIS team.
Posted Image

#85 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,160 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted December 12, 2012 - 03:15 PM

its the players fault 90% (laziness on defense, turnovers, inconsistency on offensive end, & no moral support from the bench)

Its 10% the coaches fault for his dumb rotations & gameplans.

we are getting close to having no reason for D'Antoni. he should pretend to rest for his knee & let Bernie comeback for a couple gms & allow the team to start feeling good about themselves.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#86 211275

Rookie

• 189 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 04:08 PM

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You laugh but hes right. You think a team with Lebron and Wade would be getting their butts handed to them by 3 win teams and letting the team with the worst road record in the league for years drop 117 on them at home and beat them? Highly unlikely. The Lakers have 2 of the top 5 players in the NBA and pretty decent role players but the effort they are playing with is just pathetic and inexcusable. Zero energy, heart or urgency. So yes, they do indeed suck.

#87 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,101 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 04:21 PM

You laugh but hes right. You think a team with Lebron and Wade would be getting their butts handed to them by 3 win teams and letting the team with the worst road record in the league for years drop 117 on them at home and beat them? Highly unlikely. The Lakers have 2 of the top 5 players in the NBA and pretty decent role players but the effort they are playing with is just pathetic and inexcusable. Zero energy, heart or urgency. So yes, they do indeed suck.

How is he right?

The coaches have no responsibility in this pathetic season? They're not working for free...this ain't the Salvation Army.

It's a BOTH problem. Mike D'Antoni has not done his job and some of the players have not done their jobs. But, this is the way of sports, fair or not the coach is the fall guy and it's easier to replace one coach than several players.

Another reason I laughed was because he said ALL of the players suck. If this were Phil Jackson, people would be saying he should be winning because he has Nash, Kobe, Gasol, Howard, Artest, Hill, Jamison; but because it's Mike "No Defense" D'Antoni...it's "a players problem"? GTFO

Pau Gasol is GONE

#88 Estate

Estate

Rookie

• 235 posts
  • Name:Dennis
  • Fan Since:Since Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic! Kareem!

Posted December 12, 2012 - 04:32 PM

I can't agree more...the lakers are playing like they can out score their opponents...absolutely no D what so ever. Most of their L came from guard taking it to the rack with a high floater off glass....though Lakers can rely of their O to out score their opponents but it all comes down to 2-3 stops when you need them.

It's X & O's....head coach has everything to do with team's W/L, effort, energy, feel of the game...sitting players that's off, playing whom that's hot. It's not like I believe in my system, trade players to adapt to my system...look at the Knicks...why can't MD do what they do now? The team must believe and buy into the system. If lakers are raining threes every night, people say MD system works, but when you have a off night, every flaw is exposed! Teams eat us up like rookies!

#89 Estate

Estate

Rookie

• 235 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 04:39 PM

Bernie is smiling now....haven't everyone notice ever since there was talk about trading players to adapt the MD system...players play like [expletive]...

Plain and simple, players should play with heart, don't think...when playing under Bernie, players was relax, just play. Under MB & MD...they thinking too much about the system.

Does this mean they'll play as bad for PJ if the system was the triangle? At the least there are 11 chips to show for it and the respect for a coach that coach MJ. The point is he was available for 2 years, but JB passed. It's not like he's getting younger. Sigh......sad. This ain't no 3 billion dollar TWC contract team? Blame JB....

Edited by Estate, December 12, 2012 - 04:43 PM.

#90 nmacias

nmacias

Rookie

• 43 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted December 12, 2012 - 05:03 PM

Mike D is garbage. We should have kept Bernie as head coach.

#91 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,753 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 12, 2012 - 05:11 PM

The only thing that good about mike D antonie is ROTATION lakers can't fire him right now cause they already wasted a lot of money,

33bkfif.jpg

#92 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,649 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted December 12, 2012 - 06:15 PM

I was against mike brown from day one

I was against the dantonie hire before the lakers even hired him.

Dantonie is going to get fired by the lakers

It's a matter of time

It takes the best to coach the best

Having dantonie coaching the lakers is like having a ford engine in a lambirgini

At best it's a bad fit, and we are worse
Then that now

Dantoine will be fired
It is only a matter of when

#93 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 12, 2012 - 07:40 PM

It's a matter of time

Having dantonie coaching the lakers is like having a ford engine in a lambirgini

Then that now

Dantoine will be fired

I usually think you overreact with most things but I think MDA will be fired eventually but not during this season it would look to bad on the FO. But yea I was completely against both MB and MDA's hiring from day one but what can you do hopefully MDA helps turn things around.

Edited by NYCLakerfan, December 12, 2012 - 07:47 PM.

#94 The Hound

The Hound

3rd Eye Vision

• 1,040 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, Ron Artest, Magic

Posted December 12, 2012 - 07:41 PM

It's a matter of time

Then that now

Dantoine will be fired

. His not gonna get fired dude, he has a really long leash. The lakers are not going to make another coaching change and make them look worse as a organization.

"Any man dies with a clean sword,  I'LL RAPE HIS [expletive]ING CORPSE!!!!!" - Sandor Clegane

#95 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted December 12, 2012 - 08:15 PM

I just don't understand why we never went with Jeff Van Gundy. This would be a perfect fit for him. He's a defensive coach and just as polished on the offensive end. He was always taking the less talented Rockets and had them playing hard gong into the playoffs.Why is JVG always overlooked? If there was any other coach than Phil that could get the best out of this team, it would be him. Oh well, maybe next year..

Edited by lakerfandude, December 12, 2012 - 08:17 PM.

#96 Estate

Estate

Rookie

• 235 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 09:04 PM

We will never know......but as of the moment, these Lakers are not looking like a 100mil payroll, nor live up to their 3 billion dollar TWC contract.

Worst of all, the Knicks are leading the East.....I'm having doubts about the Lakers beating the Knicks. For god sakes, NYK....having even mention OKC, Spurs or Heat...sigh...

#97 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,160 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted December 13, 2012 - 03:13 PM

the east is weaker than the west first off. Wade & LBJ have ref assistance each game. Kobe & D12 do not have that luxurgy. kobe wins in spite of the refs; D12 is still learning how to do that. he is still weak mentally so it will take some time for him to learn how Kobe does it. 1st thing to help D12 in imeediate run is make damn free throws.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#98 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,101 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 07:06 PM

terrible terrible terrible decision by the front office

again

Pau Gasol is GONE

#99 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,394 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted December 13, 2012 - 07:20 PM

Some of you guys need to get it through your thick skull that WE GOT NOBODY ELSE TO REPLACE HIM WITH!

Unless yall want Flip Saunders or Mike dunleavy lmao!

I like D'antoni it's not his fault he was put into this mess, he's just trying to clean it up and its a landfill out there.

#100 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted December 13, 2012 - 07:22 PM

Some of you guys need to get it through your thick skull that WE GOT NOBODY ELSE TO REPLACE HIM WITH!

Unless yall want Flip Saunders or Mike dunleavy lmao!

I like D'antoni it's not his fault he was put into this mess, he's just trying to clean it up and its a landfill out there.

Yes it is he applied for the damn job. Hes not being forced to coach LA
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mike, DAntoni, MDA, coach

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users